Just wanted everyone to know the developer of SayIt, from BachKhoa University has informed me that he will be releasing this fantastic app very soon for the BlackBerry Playbook. SayIt is a voice recognition and assistant software app and is available now for most Blackberry phones.

There are many things that you are able to tell SayIt to do and perform for you. Here's just a few:
    - You can ask SayIt anything and it will answer you. For example ask "what's the weather like", "what's your name".
    - It has the ability to call contacts out of your address book. Just say "call mom" and it will call her (or whomever you choose).
    - You can also do the same for emails. Just say "email John message let's have lunch" and Sayit sets the email up properly for you to send.
    - You can convert text to speech and then download the converted text as *.mp3 format.
    - It also allows you to convert speech to text and copy the text to send SMS and BBM.
    - It can do Wikipedia searches.
    - Has the ability to launch native apps like memopad, default browser, address book, calendar, camera, and a few others.
    - Can open Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry App World, and BlackBerry Options.
    - And a lot more interesting hidden commands for you to discover. (Hints, try to say: "I love you", "I hate you", "I'm tired", "I wanna #### you":-))
    - The Speech Recognition Engine has 99% accuracy.
    - Also SayIt comes with Wifi support.

This is just a quick rundown of this great app and like I said it will be available very soon for the BlackBerry Playbook. So keep a eye out for it.
    03-25-12 05:11 PM
    Looking forward to it!
    03-25-12 05:22 PM
    WHY? IT doesn't work on my 9900! It doesn't recognize basic commands, ie: call..., open bbm,! Contacted the developers and they did respond promptly, but they could not resolve my issues. Needs more work before it comes to the PlayBook!

Vlingo works, but it sucks my battery dry. The developers stated that it is not compatible with o's 7.1,yet! Just saying!
    tsells and tarmpung like this.
    03-25-12 05:55 PM
    Vlingo is a battery hitman on my 9930 had to delete it. I don't keep apps kill my gadgets but I would be willing to try it on PlayBook if it comes with a free trial.
    03-25-12 06:21 PM
    so Siri on playbook. even ipad hd does not have that !

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-27-12 02:48 PM
    Wow did anyone else noticed that the screenshot is the ultimate stoner screen? Say what you want instead of type, relaxbook, cooklet, pot leaf wallpaper.

Hahaha, love it!
    03-27-12 08:30 PM
    Just wondering if this is any closer to being a reality for the PlayBook. I have a friend who has difficulty typing and would benefit greatly from this app.
    04-19-12 11:45 AM
    Just wanted everyone to know the developer of SayIt, from BachKhoa University has informed me that he will be releasing this fantastic app very soon for the BlackBerry Playbook. SayIt is a voice recognition and assistant software app and is available now for most Blackberry phones.

There are many things that you are able to tell SayIt to do and perform for you. Here's just a few:
    - You can ask SayIt anything and it will answer you. For example ask "what's the weather like", "what's your name".
    - It has the ability to call contacts out of your address book. Just say "call mom" and it will call her (or whomever you choose).
    - You can also do the same for emails. Just say "email John message let's have lunch" and Sayit sets the email up properly for you to send.
    - You can convert text to speech and then download the converted text as *.mp3 format.
    - It also allows you to convert speech to text and copy the text to send SMS and BBM.
    - It can do Wikipedia searches.
    - Has the ability to launch native apps like memopad, default browser, address book, calendar, camera, and a few others.
    - Can open Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry App World, and BlackBerry Options.
    - And a lot more interesting hidden commands for you to discover. (Hints, try to say: "I love you", "I hate you", "I'm tired", "I wanna #### you":-))
    - The Speech Recognition Engine has 99% accuracy.
    - Also SayIt comes with Wifi support.

This is just a quick rundown of this great app and like I said it will be available very soon for the BlackBerry Playbook. So keep a eye out for it.
    Click to view quoted image
    Have you heard anything more on this, Jordan?
    04-19-12 06:20 PM
    Wow did anyone else noticed that the screenshot is the ultimate stoner screen? Say what you want instead of type, relaxbook, cooklet, pot leaf wallpaper.

Hahaha, love it!
    Not what you think. look closley at the leafs edges. Not what you think it is.......

C
    04-20-12 10:36 AM

Hahaha, love it!
    That's a maple leaf. And what does cooklet have to do with it? Not 100% sure but I think that's just a recipe app? Dunno what relevance it has to your point.

And relaxbook just plays relaxing sounds to help you sleep better and stuff.
    04-20-12 11:44 AM
    So...when is this app being released for the playbook
    08-03-12 03:08 PM
    So...when is this app being released for the playbook
    What part of "coming very soon" do you not understand, lol.
    08-03-12 03:22 PM
    End of summer, LOL
    08-03-12 04:08 PM
    What part of "coming very soon" do you not understand, lol.
    The part where it's over four months since "coming very soon" and it's not out yet?
    08-03-12 04:43 PM
    Does anyone know what the latest status is for sayit?
    10-15-12 08:52 AM
    The part where it's over four months since "coming very soon" and it's not out yet?
    Some time back an update to another one of this devs apps was coming soon, too. Handy Scanner. I emailed the developer a couple times and he said it was coming soon. Still nothing. I do wish he would do it.
    10-15-12 07:39 PM
    Guys, check the official release of SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...y-10-a-755384/
    11-26-12 03:52 AM
    So now that bb10 will not come to the playbook, does that mean Sayit for the playbook will never be updated?
    07-27-13 02:48 PM
    Yep the dev forgot about this platform
    07-27-13 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD