RuneCryption for PlayBook / BB10
RuneCryption is a memory puzzle game. Memorize the pattern before the rune stones scatter, then place the stones back in the same color order.
There are three game modes:
- Puzzle (Untimed)
- Challenge (Timed)
- Speed Play (Solve multiple puzzles before times runs out).
RuneCryption is available in App World. It is also BB10-ready!
If you want to try it out, there is a web version on our website, which can be played on the PlayBook or in a Flash-enabled web browser (the PlayBook version is a native PB/BB10 app).
Re: RuneCryption for PlayBook / BB10
Yeah, I tend to be terrible at them, too. That's one of the reasons I created it - wanting to build up my memory.
Most people can usually remember only a certain number of items, like 7-10 digits in a phone number, or even 16 digits in their credit card number. Trying to remember more is a challenge.
The good thing is that the game starts off with four stones (2x2 grid) and builds off of that for each new level. I can get through all of the easy puzzles; still haven't made it through the difficult puzzles (I'm not even to the expert puzzles, and I created the game!). I'll be interested to see if anyone can make it through level eighteen (48 stones) without cheating!
I also prefer the Challenge mode (which is timed) over the untimed Puzzle mode. The timer adds as little more to the game (at least for me).
Version 1.2 just got approved in BlackBerry World. Here are the changes for the Z10 and the PlayBook:
- Sound effects added.
- Larger text on information screens.
- Settings button on the main menu for toggling sound and resetting high scores.
- Timing adjustments and a few other enhancements.
- Q10 square screen support.
Version 1.3 is now in BlackBerry World.
The new version adds level information to the scoring screen, along with Speed Play enhancements.
I also added another easter egg. Someone contacted me looking for a way to extend the countdown timer for his wife. She has neurological issues and was looking for a game that could help with her short term memory, but the initial 5 second timer was too short for her to memorize the stones. I added in a multiplier to the settings screen so the timer could be increased up to 10x the regular interval (50 seconds on level 1).
Posted via CB10
Version 1.3.3 went live today in BlackBerry World. Not a lot of changes to the game - just taking in some suggestions on game flow by users, and a little more highlight on game reviews (no nag screens, though).
If you've already tried the game, I'd be honored if you would rate and review it.
- By haveusean in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 64Last Post: 03-24-13, 08:47 AM
- By nunodonato in forum Developers LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 09-30-12, 09:53 PM
- By AutoAppForum.com in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-17-12, 07:12 PM
- By Superfly_FR in forum News & RumorsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-04-12, 07:21 AM
- By Superfly_FR in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 7Last Post: 05-04-12, 07:21 AM