RuneCryption is a memory puzzle game. Memorize the pattern before the rune stones scatter, then place the stones back in the same color order.

There are three game modes:
    • Puzzle (Untimed)
    • Challenge (Timed)
    • Speed Play (Solve multiple puzzles before times runs out).

RuneCryption for PlayBook / BB10-runecryption-01-300x174.jpg RuneCryption for PlayBook / BB10-runecryption-03-300x174.jpg

RuneCryption is available in App World. It is also BB10-ready!

If you want to try it out, there is a web version on our website, which can be played on the PlayBook or in a Flash-enabled web browser (the PlayBook version is a native PB/BB10 app).
    11-01-12 10:23 AM
    Small update just approved in App World. I also released an Android version and the update keeps the two versions in the same level.
    11-05-12 09:44 AM
    Sweet game! I'm just terrible at memory games...haha!
    11-06-12 01:49 AM
    Thanks!

Yeah, I tend to be terrible at them, too. That's one of the reasons I created it - wanting to build up my memory.

Most people can usually remember only a certain number of items, like 7-10 digits in a phone number, or even 16 digits in their credit card number. Trying to remember more is a challenge.

The good thing is that the game starts off with four stones (2x2 grid) and builds off of that for each new level. I can get through all of the easy puzzles; still haven't made it through the difficult puzzles (I'm not even to the expert puzzles, and I created the game!). I'll be interested to see if anyone can make it through level eighteen (48 stones) without cheating!

I also prefer the Challenge mode (which is timed) over the untimed Puzzle mode. The timer adds as little more to the game (at least for me).
    11-06-12 06:59 PM
    DJ reviewed RuneCryption! It was on the CrackBerry front page today!

Give your memory a workout with Rune Cryption for the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    KidCaboose likes this.
    12-02-12 07:31 PM
    Version 1.2 just got approved in BlackBerry World. Here are the changes for the Z10 and the PlayBook:
    • Sound effects added.
    • Larger text on information screens.
    • Settings button on the main menu for toggling sound and resetting high scores.
    • Timing adjustments and a few other enhancements.
    • Q10 square screen support.
    03-12-13 10:52 AM
    Version 1.3 is now in BlackBerry World.

Attachment 159419

The new version adds level information to the scoring screen, along with Speed Play enhancements.

I also added another easter egg. Someone contacted me looking for a way to extend the countdown timer for his wife. She has neurological issues and was looking for a game that could help with her short term memory, but the initial 5 second timer was too short for her to memorize the stones. I added in a multiplier to the settings screen so the timer could be increased up to 10x the regular interval (50 seconds on level 1).

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:38 AM
    Version 1.3.2 is now in BlackBerry World. It has a few minor changes and enhancements, plus a rate button on the settings screen.

Plus, RuneCryption is a featured game in BlackBerry World this week!

RuneCryption for PlayBook / BB10-bbworld.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 04:51 PM
    Version 1.3.3 went live today in BlackBerry World. Not a lot of changes to the game - just taking in some suggestions on game flow by users, and a little more highlight on game reviews (no nag screens, though).

If you've already tried the game, I'd be honored if you would rate and review it.
    06-21-13 12:38 PM