Hey everyone, I came across the following news posts regarding games being ported through Unity/Union that you may find of interest:

GDCE 2011: We want to help Unity devs make $20,000+ of extra revenue per platform says Union's Bruning, news, GDC Europe 11, PocketGamer.biz

Interesting point from the article: The company has already announced it will be bring 30 Unity-developed titles to BlackBerry PlayBook via Union, with the first five games due to be launched in the next couple of weeks.

BlackBerry PlayBook gets its first proper downloadable game as EA ports Dead Space | Dead Space news | Blackberry | Pocket Gamer

Interesting point from the article: At GDC Europe, Unity's Brian Bruning revealed the first five Union games - including Angry Mob Studios' Guerilla Bob - would be out for the PlayBook during the next couple of weeks

Also, if this does come to pass, here is the link to Mob Studio's Gurella Bob game site that has a few videos of gameplay that you may like.

http://guerrillabob.blogspot.com/
    08-21-11 08:51 PM
    Would be nice if it is true. However amazon also said they will make the kindle for playbook....and that was 1 year ago. So I would not put much weight to these rumors. RIMs one acquisition TAT...so far has brought us ONE app for the playbook so these rumors are only rumors.
    08-21-11 08:59 PM
    Would be nice if it is true. However amazon also said they will make the kindle for playbook....and that was 1 year ago. So I would not put much weight to these rumors. RIMs one acquisition TAT...so far has brought us ONE app for the playbook so these rumors are only rumors.
    Well said. Cant agree with you more. Hopefully this will be one rumor that actually sees the light of day.
    08-21-11 09:02 PM
    I'm tired of rumors want to see results already.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-21-11 09:33 PM
    Most games that you will see are already available on other platforms, NFS and Deadspace are good examples, so it would be really nice to see stuff currently not on other platforms. Things from TAT would be huge in this reguard. Just have to wait and see like everything else. We know nothing and hope for the best. I want to see progress on Netflix, hulu, dropbox, PIM
    08-21-11 09:40 PM
    TAT have better things to be doing to be frank. two such examples are working on the QNX phone UI, and the NDK for the playbook (which being QNX based will in part be for the phones too id imagine). plus id wager they are helping one some tablet OS 2.0 bits also.
    08-21-11 11:08 PM
    TAT have better things to be doing to be frank. two such examples are working on the QNX phone UI, and the NDK for the playbook (which being QNX based will in part be for the phones too id imagine). plus id wager they are helping one some tablet OS 2.0 bits also.
    If TAT had better things to do they should have done that instead of wasting their time on hocus-pocus demos in a failed attempt to drum up playbook sales

As for Unity game they are in line with RIM as to what "late summer" release means which GOD only knows
    08-22-11 08:41 AM
    RIMs one acquisition TAT...so far has brought us ONE app for the playbook so these rumors are only rumors.
    Just to be pedantic, there are at least 3 apps using Cascades: calculator, pictures, and scrapbook. There may be others that I haven't seen yet.
    08-22-11 12:35 PM
    Just to be pedantic, there are at least 3 apps using Cascades: calculator, pictures, and scrapbook. There may be others that I haven't seen yet.
    I love the calculator app. I wish all the Playbook apps were that slick.
    08-22-11 02:23 PM
    Are you familiar with C/C++ programming? Anything planned as far as Native Apps go?
    08-22-11 02:26 PM
    If TAT had better things to do they should have done that instead of wasting their time on hocus-pocus demos in a failed attempt to drum up playbook sales
    They've confirmed to have been working on the NDK for a while now already...
    08-22-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD