Hi everyone,
    I think I have found a rogue app. It's called "Funny Quotes". I installed Version 1.1 long time back. In the past week I've been trying to Uninstall it in vain. It shows up under installed after I've uninstalled it when I reboot my PlayBook. It always asks to upgrade to Version 1.2 which is 6mb. After I upgrade it and reboot my PlayBook it reverts back to Version 1.1. It's scary. I've reported this as rouge app in comments in App World but my comment gets deleted. It's been over 6 hours I've tweeted CrackBerry and BlackBerryHelp yet no reply. PlayBook users stand united on this and lets remove this rouge app.
    04-06-12 08:47 PM
    Try emailing BlackBerry support and explaining the situation...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-06-12 08:56 PM
    I had no issues with downloading it, installing and then removing it. Doesn't seem very rogue to me, lol

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...59085/?lang=en
    04-06-12 08:58 PM
    This app is great; thanks for the unintentional heads up.
    04-06-12 10:09 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I think I have found a rogue app. It's called "Funny Quotes". I installed Version 1.1 long time back. In the past week I've been trying to Uninstall it in vain. It shows up under installed after I've uninstalled it when I reboot my PlayBook. It always asks to upgrade to Version 1.2 which is 6mb. After I upgrade it and reboot my PlayBook it reverts back to Version 1.1. It's scary. I've reported this as rouge app in comments in App World but my comment gets deleted. It's been over 6 hours I've tweeted CrackBerry and BlackBerryHelp yet no reply. PlayBook users stand united on this and lets remove this rouge app.
    I have seen this with a few apps,.. on my PB it was solved by first deleting the app from within AppWorld, then go and delete the icon ... it's as if the "connection" between AppWorld and the app icon on the launch screen is somehow lost...
    04-06-12 10:30 PM
    Yes. It's been a long time since I saw this. But what happens is that the uninstall completes so the server thinks it's gone, but on the playbook its fails to delete correctly. But on the playbook its not deleted. But deleting the icon on the playbook manually will put things back in sync and the bug goes away.
    04-06-12 11:34 PM
    Damn rouge apps....being all red colored and stuff...
    04-07-12 07:22 AM
    Damn rouge apps....being all red colored and stuff...
    Must be a warcraft player. I read somewhere that they are more responsible for misspelling rogue than any other segment of society.
    joski likes this.
    04-07-12 09:41 AM
    By any chance is it a converted Android app? If so, there are sometimes problems with them not being properly removed. One solution is to install "Ghost Commander" from the App World, launch it and then in the left pane select "Applications". Find the app you can't get rid of and tap it, then choose "Manage Application". On the screen that appears choose "Uninstall". (I usually delete the icon from the home screen and then follow this procedure when removing any Android apps, but it should work without removing the icon first as well I think).
    04-07-12 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD