As stated in another thread i started: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/mo...-party-607971/
    Speaking to the Reps was very informing. They seemed to actually want to answer all of your questions and I even had a conversation about the Bold Touch with one of them. I asked him when the BBM update for the PB would be coming out. He said next week defiantly. He knew this for a fact because he told me that all of their personal PB's and BB's had this update and the reps were being used as beta testers if they agreed.
    The Facebook app that is currently being made is going to be released mid May according to him and unfortunatley no twitter availability in the near future to his knowledge. Also we spoke about the apps on the PB and how dissapoiting it is that the 3000 promised to us weren't there. However he did raise a good point. Consumers are always wanting more, when it came to the Facebook app we wanted chat & places and RIM couldn't update in time due to work on the PB. That is why they would like to stick to the regular sites for the time being
    04-23-11 04:14 PM
    I'd be happier if he said next week definitely but still - great news!
    CreaturesFarley likes this.
    04-23-11 04:40 PM
    Hope a 3rd party releases a Twitter app that doesn't suck sooner rather than later. Screw email/pim/messaging. I want the Twitters!
    04-23-11 05:24 PM
    Hopefully we will see this in the coming week.. Sales will increase for the pb if this comes through (BBM)
    04-23-11 06:26 PM
    Did you bother to ask about Android apps? Seems like Blackberry developers aren't to interested in bringing apps to PB!
    04-23-11 06:31 PM
    android apps are this summer. that has already been said. my question is, is there any plans for spell correction. Playbook only has spell correction in documents to go. It underlines misspelled words but i dont think there is any way to show other options. there is also no auto correct for caps after periods or missing apostrophes. its a great device it just needs some touch ups on the OS to make it perfect.
    04-23-11 07:14 PM
    Did you bother to ask about Android apps? Seems like Blackberry developers aren't to interested in bringing apps to PB!
    Although already stated that android apps are coming this summer they should put a move on it or at least the blackberry apps functioning on playbook. As you can see I'm not the only one that believes that developers will either lay back or just continue making apps for other platforms being that in the future those will function on QNX. In the meantime we are left holding the bag.
    04-23-11 08:04 PM
    i think it is worth noting that apps take about a week to get approved for sale on app world and then they still have to propagate throughout the system

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 08:30 PM
    that has already been said. my question is, is there any plans for spell correction. Playbook only has spell correction in documents to go. It underlines misspelled words but i dont think there is any way to show other options. there is also no auto correct for caps after periods or missing apostrophes. its a great device it just needs some touch ups on the OS to make it perfect.
    In Word to Go, tap on the red underlined word and options pop up, and the doublespace = period works.

Hopefully the browser will update soon to include some of the autotext features. Really missing it posting here in the forums!
    04-23-11 08:42 PM
    He said next week defiantly
    I'd be happier if he said next week definitely
    Yikes. You know how many times I looked back and forth between those posts thinking, "Wait- what? He did say definitely... Wait... Huh?" I worked way too many hours today, don't do that to me!

Anyway, this is good news. Definitely one of the last things I wanted to check out before my 14-day grace period ends.
    NeilMak likes this.
    04-23-11 09:15 PM
    As stated in another thread i started: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/mo...-party-607971/
    Speaking to the Reps was very informing. They seemed to actually want to answer all of your questions and I even had a conversation about the Bold Touch with one of them. I asked him when the BBM update for the PB would be coming out. He said next week defiantly. He knew this for a fact because he told me that all of their personal PB's and BB's had this update and the reps were being used as beta testers if they agreed.
    The Facebook app that is currently being made is going to be released mid May according to him and unfortunatley no twitter availability in the near future to his knowledge. Also we spoke about the apps on the PB and how dissapoiting it is that the 3000 promised to us weren't there. However he did raise a good point. Consumers are always wanting more, when it came to the Facebook app we wanted chat & places and RIM couldn't update in time due to work on the PB. That is why they would like to stick to the regular sites for the time being
    Ahhh, the playbook reps have been beta testing and bug reporting, no wonder they didn't have time to get the marketing together, the product in the stores, or the accessories to ship. I knew there was an answer somewhere.

I think RIM has made beta testers of us all, since they have taken this approach to soft launching the PB i kind of wish they would let a little more of the useful stuff like linking from an email to a web page sneak out.
    04-23-11 09:26 PM
    Ahhh, the playbook reps have been beta testing and bug reporting, no wonder they didn't have time to get the marketing together, the product in the stores, or the accessories to ship. I knew there was an answer somewhere.
    I think you will find that any person working for rim that has a playbook will be expected to act as an internal beta tester, it simply wouldn't make sense for them to not be doing that and indeed pretty much every company in this area will do something similar.
    04-24-11 08:58 AM
    No doubt they should all be beta testing but i was really disappointed to see how this product was rolled out. There are no end caps with slick displays, barely any inventory for for accessories or even playbooks when people want them. When you speak with Best Buy or Staples employees they never got any real support or training information and for a product that was rushed to market for no real apparent reason RIM should not be missing on every cylinder.

I love the playbook but can't believe the launch execution was so poor, it will be a great device and if you have a bb to bridge with it is an excellent device now that 1710 has ironed out a lot of the complete fails, but the super apps promise, the deep integration of the PIM and a few of the hyped up software/app promises fall way short of where it should be for launch.
    04-24-11 09:13 AM
    most social network apps are easily substituted by using the website, such as twitter and facebook... but bbm is a different matter.

i sure wish they would make that a high priority....
    04-24-11 07:04 PM
    Itunes app dump wasn't built in a day. I'm willing to wait, i love this thing to much to let a little app missing bring it down.
    bbaleno and kemj like this.
    04-24-11 07:58 PM
    I'm curious as to why it's not in the Beta Zone.
    04-24-11 08:13 PM
    I really wish RIM made the BlackBerry Java "player" capability their top priority, preferably available at PlayBook launch.

Sure, the iPad didn't have a crapload of tablet-designed apps available at launch. But it did have the ability to run iPhone apps unmodified in a compatibility container of sorts.

Then again, a lot of this can unfortunately be explained by the rushed product cycle and a totally new platform. Right now, the BlackBerry phone software stack is *significantly* better and more useful than the PlayBook software stack. However, the PlayBook OS is far superior at its core. (It just has no core apps besides the browser, and is full of basic feature gaps.) Hopefully this will all be fixed in due time.
    04-25-11 07:48 AM
    In Word to Go, tap on the red underlined word and options pop up, and the doublespace = period works.

Hopefully the browser will update soon to include some of the autotext features. Really missing it posting here in the forums!
    This also holds true in the bridge email app. excluding the spell check, as far as i could tell that is...
    04-25-11 09:04 AM
    Also we spoke about the apps on the PB and how dissapoiting it is that the 3000 promised to us weren't there.
    So how many Playbook apps are there? I'm stunned at how difficult it is to even see what's available.
    04-25-11 08:44 PM
    i thought this os was easier to develop for?
    04-25-11 09:07 PM
    This is good news. I would expect sms,mms support to appear at the same time that BBM does.
    04-26-11 01:48 PM
    Where is the file saved when you download an attachment from a bridged email? "i tapped to download" a picture on my playbook. I marked the email as unread on my BB. I see a preview of the picture on my PB. I exit out of bridge and check my pictures. Its not there.

Am I missing something here? I can't seem to locate the file after I downloaded it.

EDIT: oops I tried to start a new thread with this please ignore
    04-26-11 02:04 PM
    why would we need an app for facebook when it works so well through the browser link?
    the_thunderbird likes this.
    04-26-11 09:32 PM
    why would we need an app for facebook when it works so well through the browser link?
    Notifications.
    04-26-11 09:50 PM
    The main hold up with apps is a lot of developers (myself included) are not willing to post their apps for sale until they have had a chance to test them on actual hardware.

I got my PlayBook and tested all of my apps before they were posted. As more developers get their hardware you will see more apps.
    NeilMak likes this.
    04-26-11 09:54 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD