Hello,
    Good news for playbook owners, squarepusher will roll a new version, 1.0.0.2. It will be done when it will, but good to hear that he didn t abandon the project!!! With a little luck, maybe will he permit to assign keys to keyboard, so that bt gamepad in keyboard mode work...
    CyberMan2013 and nealjane1 like this.
    01-24-14 01:15 AM
    Hello,
    Good news for playbook owners, squarepusher will roll a new version, 1.0.0.2. It will be done when it will, but good to hear that he didn t abandon the project!!! With a little luck, maybe will he permit to assign keys to keyboard, so that bt gamepad in keyboard mode work...
    Source?
    01-24-14 04:26 PM
    Squarepusher on irc ( #retroarch on irc.freenode.org)

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 and Blackman91 like this.
    01-25-14 08:45 AM
    Really and truly? Maybe they will fix the configuration not saving after you exit.....

Hopefully this is true, but I'm not holding my breath.....

Don't mean to be cynical, but the devs who work on this, mupen64, and psx-rearmed never seemed too interested in finishing them for us PB owners....There are glaring issues, and when brought to their attention they have just been ignored.....some that some simple debugging could take care of, like the configuration save issue in Retroarch....how hard is it to change one word to make configuration save upon exit = true, and package and release a minor update....other devs would have had a working version up right after such a simple fix was pointed out to them....

Edit: Just went to #retroarch and after confirming that he is gonna release a new version for us when Retroarch 1.0.0.2 is released, thanked squarepusher for thinking of us, and made sure he knew about the issues I know about. He referred me to Github to report the issues. I suggest if yall want your issues with it to be addressed, to head on over and do the same
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 01-27-14 at 05:13 PM.
    Blackman91 likes this.
    01-27-14 04:41 PM
    Really and truly? Maybe they will fix the configuration not saving after you exit.....

Hopefully this is true, but I'm not holding my breath.....

Don't mean to be cynical, but the devs who work on this, mupen64, and psx-rearmed never seemed too interested in finishing them for us PB owners....There are glaring issues, and when brought to their attention they have just been ignored.....some that some simple debugging could take care of, like the configuration save issue in Retroarch....how hard is it to change one word to make configuration save upon exit = true, and package and release a minor update....other devs would have had a working version up right after such a simple fix was pointed out to them....

Edit: Just went to #retroarch and after confirming that he is gonna release a new version for us when Retroarch 1.0.0.2 is released, thanked squarepusher for thinking of us, and made sure he knew about the issues I know about. He referred me to Github to report the issues. I suggest if yall want your issues with it to be addressed, to head on over and do the same
    Thanks, here is the link to your Github thread:
    https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/521

Please guys report the issues you have found.
    02-03-14 01:50 PM
    02-03-14 02:04 PM
    hello, i have loaded RetroArch on my Q10 and i was wondering if you know how to make map the blackberry keyboard to different things (A=backspace, B=enter). i have tried to get it mapped but it just doesnt give me an option to actually input the keys. any help would be appreciated.

cheers
    03-09-14 10:20 PM
    Any news for playbook owners?
    04-09-14 05:31 PM
    04-09-14 07:26 PM
    Yes, be ready for someone to donate a PB.
    04-10-14 01:25 AM
    Big news!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=920266

Posted via CB10
    A dev just committed to updating the bb10 and pb version of Retroarch, everyone subscribe to the above link! And donate!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:13 AM
    Yes, be ready for someone to donate a PB.
    I don't beg for devices. I'll sooner provide bar's for open beta testing.

Also, I have a PB and Z10.

Don't worry, I'm fond of my Playbook, I won't leave you guys behind.

and disclaimer: while donations are appreciated (timbits and coke are my fuel these days) -- they are not a requirement. Do not feel obligated.

EDIT: Please post issues and feature requests here: https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroA...ues?state=open

This way I can categorize them and keep them on my radar.

Also: can anyone confirm if playbook actually has a portrait mode or not for retroarch?
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 04-10-14 at 12:26 PM.
    Blackman91 likes this.
    04-10-14 11:28 AM
    Also: can anyone confirm if playbook actually has a portrait mode or not for retroarch?
    There does not seem to be a portrait mode.
    04-10-14 02:00 PM
    I don't beg for devices. I'll sooner provide bar's for open beta testing.

Also, I have a PB and Z10.

Don't worry, I'm fond of my Playbook, I won't leave you guys behind.

and disclaimer: while donations are appreciated (timbits and coke are my fuel these days) -- they are not a requirement. Do not feel obligated.

EDIT: Please post issues and feature requests here: https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroA...ues?state=open

This way I can categorize them and keep them on my radar.

You are awesome, thanks a lot! I reported some bugs: https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroArch/issues/10
    04-15-14 03:43 PM
    04-16-14 12:14 AM
    04-23-14 10:07 PM
    ok will we be able to go here for playbook progress? Cause that's all that matters for some of us in this section of the community.

Going to the BB10 section for PlayBook info? Pretty counterintuitive, especially when it makes no mention of PlayBook in the title.
    marcandre7 likes this.
    04-24-14 08:41 PM
    Probably easier for the developer to keep up with though...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:13 PM
    Hey. I have a playbook running retroarch and I was wondering if there were ant blutooth controllers that are compatible to play with?

Posted via CB10
    marcandre7 likes this.
    04-29-14 02:07 PM
    Any news for the playbook version?
    marcandre7 likes this.
    08-19-14 09:24 PM
    It is dead I believe. Z10 version should be out in September and maybe someone can port it then...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:40 AM
    All i get is: unable to find befalt app. Please help
    12-24-14 07:28 AM
    In my z30 the inbuilt file manager does not support this file / format. I have 10.2 is please help
    01-30-15 09:12 PM
    So the update never came.......
    02-03-15 10:24 AM
    Now that the playbook version of retroarch is dead maybe other dev(*wink* travis) could update the playbook version to fix the bugs reported in this thread and include the new cores. Anyone interested? I could donate.
    02-23-15 09:45 PM
119 ... 2345