Also, when I go into the quick menu, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back to the game. The controls disappear and when I press the quick menu button to return, I can only swipe down from the top and access the menu, but there is no way to navigate because there are no controls.
    same here which makes saving and loading states useless.
    08-10-13 05:34 PM
    same here which makes saving and loading states useless.
    Scratch that you can also save and load a state in the main menu if you swipe from the top bezel during the gameplay.
    08-10-13 05:54 PM
    update this great machine please.
    08-14-13 05:06 PM
    Does anyone else find the touch controls unresponsive at times? maybe a bug? please catalyst update this awesome emulator.
    campbecw likes this.
    08-15-13 01:32 AM
    Please can you include support for Bluetooth gamepads, I have a iPega Bluetooth Gamepad that would be put to its limits with this!
    08-15-13 02:27 AM
    Please can you include support for Bluetooth gamepads, I have a iPega Bluetooth Gamepad that would be put to its limits with this!
    Not possible on playbook os, only on bb10.
    08-15-13 03:06 AM
    Does anyone else find the touch controls unresponsive at times? maybe a bug? please catalyst update this awesome emulator.
    This isn't catalystgs project, it's libretro's and he hasn't been seen in this thread since right after releasing. Catalystg deployed the BB10 version.
    08-15-13 08:38 AM
    Sometimes when you minimize the app the buttons dont respond and crashes the app.
    08-15-13 04:04 PM
    I have some problems with the final burn alpha core, it doesnt play most arcade games, it crashes when you select a rom.
    08-24-13 01:17 PM
    I found this post on the bb10 thread that describes pretty well the problems with the touch controls on this emulator:

Has anyone had any issues with the multitouch on the touchscreen controller? For shoot-em-ups like 19XX or any kind of action/racing game where you have to move the player around while tapping other buttons, I find that some buttons get 'stuck' and I have to stop touching the the buttons in order to regain control.

For example, I'll be moving my player around with the d-pad and tapping the fire button but then the dpad gets stuck in one direction until I stop firing.

I've seen this with the Playbook version of RetroArch as well and none of the other emulators exhibit this behaviour.

External controllers like the Wiimote don't give me this problem.
    08-25-13 05:13 PM
    Not possible on playbook os, only on bb10.
    There are a few that can work with 2.1. If it has a mode where it behaves like a Bluetooth keyboard, the tablet will pair with it and does understand the input as a standard key press. The problem is that they tend to represent pressing a button as one key press and releasing it as another, so an app would have to understand this behavior for things like the d-pad and holding down a button as opposed to just tapping it to work properly.
    08-29-13 12:33 PM
    There are a few that can work with 2.1. If it has a mode where it behaves like a Bluetooth keyboard, the tablet will pair with it and does understand the input as a standard key press. The problem is that they tend to represent pressing a button as one key press and releasing it as another, so an app would have to understand this behavior for things like the d-pad and holding down a button as opposed to just tapping it to work properly.
    Have you tried this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=723670

Do they work with this emulator?
    08-29-13 01:31 PM
    Have you tried this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=723670

Do they work with this emulator?
    I do not own that particular controller, however:

RetroRGB - iCade 8-Bitty

It seems that one functions exactly the same way that the Steelseries Free does, so it would not work properly with the current version, even if remapping the keys worked correctly. It would be possible to add support for it, however. Someone just needs to write the code.
    08-29-13 05:44 PM
    I do not own that particular controller, however:

RetroRGB - iCade 8-Bitty

It seems that one functions exactly the same way that the Steelseries Free does, so it would not work properly with the current version, even if remapping the keys worked correctly. It would be possible to add support for it, however. Someone just needs to write the code.
    Interesting, what about the other playbook emulators that support bluetooth keyboards like the nes and snes ones? Do this controllers work with them? what about the icade?
    08-29-13 05:57 PM
    Cant use this without it saving settings, just isnt worth it.
    09-01-13 06:09 PM
    This arcade games work using the fba core:

For some reason it wont play most arcade games: cp1, cp2 and neogeo. Has anyone experienced this?
    09-02-13 12:15 AM
    Finally managed to play neogeo games using the fba core. You need the right neogeo bios in the same folder of your neogeo roms, search on google neogeo bios FBA. You also need the newest neogeo roms for MAME (coolroom is the way to go), also your rom has to be no more than 23mb. A better emulator for playing neogeo games would be this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=752601

It plays almost all neogeo games at full speed and the controls and save states are better. At least until they update retroarch.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 09-12-13 at 05:40 PM.
    09-12-13 05:12 PM
    Spin Masters, Crossed Swords, Viewpoint and Top Hunter work flawlessly on retroarch, awesome!!!!!!

This games dont work on Gngeo-pb so thats one point Retroarch has over gngeo on playing neogeo games.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 09-12-13 at 06:47 PM.
    09-12-13 06:35 PM
    i have a question, i been ussing retroarch on my playbook for a while now, been playing pokemon, i been playing on my z10 as well, just copy the .state and the .srm files back and forward, but i have a problem now and im not sure if anyone know how to fix it, and the end of the game (well not actually the end) the game restarts, but since you cant actually save the game just states, when the game restarts i lose everything, is there a way to save the game ?? looking on the internet i found that this can be fix in other emulators, but they all use a different format to the save, in this case .srm and .state files, is there a way to pass those files to work on a PC emulator??
    09-26-13 03:13 PM
    Is there a list of supported bluetooth controllers?

I'm especially interested in the one that I can clip my device onto such as the iPega Bluetooth wireless controller.

Posted via CB10 on LE Z10
    10-02-13 03:51 PM
    I'm searching for the same with my Moga Pro. BB supports the Gamepad API for it.
    10-06-13 10:43 AM
    Getting some solid in app configurable keyboard support would be amazing for this version and the bb 10 version. On the playbook, it recognizes my bt keyboard, but it won't let me assign buttons to key strokes. My q10 keyboard isn't working as well. Thanks for working such a great project.
    10-13-13 10:37 PM
    Hello Newbie here

Having trouble with this emulator? cant find roms when searching for them after core loaded? I have other emulators running and can find and load roms but not this one? I would prefer to get this one up and operational then uninstall the others(VBAMpb, Mupen64)
    11-25-13 11:14 AM
    Tengo Un Problema Con Retro Arch.. Lo Instale En Mi Playbook Corre Bien Los Roms.. Pero No Guarda Las Configuraciones.. Y No Puedo Configurar Mi Teclado BT Para Jugar De A 2 Jugadores.. Alguna Solucion?? Dejo Mi Mail [email protected]
    12-29-13 06:37 PM
    [Instale Retro Arch En Playbook Corren bien los roms.. Pero No Se Guardan Las Configuraciones Y No Puedo Configurar Mi Teclado BT Ya Q En Input Dice Unknown Alguna Solucion? y como puedo hacer correr roms de mame o neo geo? Con Retro Arch Claro
    12-29-13 07:13 PM
119 12345