You should learn to read: "...developed by MICROSOFT..."
    NO, YOU need to learn how to read !! pauldriver did not say it was developed by citrix, but invented by citrix. Citrix invented the multiwin technology, and the ICA protocol that makes remote desktop possible. Later, MS drop the ICA protocol, and developed (with the assistance/licensing of citrix) their own RDP protocol. ICA was always much faster (thinner) than RDP, and more feature rich, but MS has really caught up with RDP over the last few years. Also, as far as I know, MS does still license mutiwin from Citrix (although this may have change in server 2008, I havent bothered to look). MultiWin is the engine that makes all this possible.

So really Mikhou, before you flame someone, and accuse them of not reading.... do your homework, and don't put words in their mouths.
    01-27-12 09:49 AM
    Is there any guide to do the setup on computer and playbook? It's the first time I buy a RDP app for playbook and i'm kinda lost with all of these. I can't find any friendly guide to set this up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    01-27-12 11:29 AM
    Is there any guide to do the setup on computer and playbook? It's the first time I buy a RDP app for playbook and i'm kinda lost with all of these. I can't find any friendly guide to set this up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...needed-691993/
    2high4u likes this.
    01-27-12 11:44 AM
    Hello,

Yes, I do, but when you are in this RDP the taskbar doesn't come up when you touch the screen, so you have to change the properties of the taskbar until an update of the app resolve this problem.
    Yeah, looks like that's what I'll have to do in the mean time. I am able to get the task bar to pop up but it takes SEVERAL attempts.
    01-27-12 02:59 PM
    If my OS is 64-bit, will remote desktop not work? I don't think I want to downgrade to a 32-bit version of windows 7.

Thanks for the help!
    ducky3 likes this.
    01-28-12 11:05 AM
    It work on 64-bit ,no problems here
    hoopscoach42 likes this.
    01-28-12 11:10 AM
    nimrodity, thanks for the reply. I saw it supported up to 32-bit color but that may be separate from the OS differential (32-bit vs. 64-bit). Probably a newbie type inquiry
    01-28-12 11:16 AM
    Thanks, I found that thread but wasn't too familiar so took some time to figure out things, now it's all working thanks!
    Kerrstar likes this.
    01-28-12 01:58 PM
    any of you guys tried with bluetooth mouse and does the right click work? i tried with citrix receiver for playbook and when connect to a win7 desktop, right click on my bluetooth mouse does not work.
    02-07-12 05:11 PM
    Can someone please let me know if I have the ability to set all of the following options as I need to enter these fields if I want to be able to connect to my desktop through a RDP. I just want to make sure before I purchase the app.

Host name: xxx.xxx.xxx.ca
    Port 3389
    Domain: xxxxxx
    Security Level: NLA
    Gateway: xxxxxxx

Preferences:
    Label: xxxxx
    Host name: tsgateway.xxxx.xxxx.ca
    Port: 443

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-11-12 08:57 PM
    @zzbsb

tried it with a bluetooth mouse and it worked well. However with the mouse connected, the on-screen keyboard wouldn't start, needed to disconnect mouse to get the keyboard back
    02-12-12 10:02 AM
    I need step by step directions as well. this app is confusing can someone help! don't feel like i can enjoy my $7.00
    02-18-12 10:22 PM
    Mrb there are a few steps by step earlier in this thread, try going to page 5 and go backwards.

Quick question for anyone, if I have a USB drive connected to my pc can I access it through RD?
    03-06-12 12:48 PM
    I'm a public speaker, and I'm interested in operating the desktop remotely from within the same room, wandering around and scrolling through the powerpoint projected slides. Can I do this with the remote desktop? Can I also have my speaking notes running at the same time on the Playbook? I haven't bought the Playbook yet until I figure if it will work for this...
    03-09-12 10:49 AM
    Never mind on finding the email address. It seems when you do a copy and paste of the email address from the BB AppWorld app listing page, using Internet Explorer, there was a hidden character also copied which was confusing my email client.

I was able to get an email to the developer to request they support the BB Bridge connection. It seems like all my apps can connect using either the WI-FI or the Bluetooth Bridge. For some reason, RDP can't.
    Last edited by wiggy11; 03-09-12 at 11:37 AM.
    03-09-12 11:26 AM
    To those of you who are simply trying to get remote access to your home PC, etc., this is *not* the app for you. However, if you work in IT supporting Windows servers and enterprise desktops, and want to use your PB to check-up on them and/or perform maintenance, this app is a godsend.

People who understand the difference will immediately appreciate the value that a native RDP client brings to the table. Everyone else - and that includes the "can I play my .xyz file in vlc and view it on my pb" crowd - should go buy SplashTop.

For me, I use it to remotely manage a group of U.S.-based Windows application servers from the other side of the planet (yes, that means it works across subnets), so...

RCK
    Hamp likes this.
    03-09-12 01:35 PM
    Never mind on finding the email address. It seems when you do a copy and paste of the email address from the BB AppWorld app listing page, using Internet Explorer, there was a hidden character also copied which was confusing my email client.

I was able to get an email to the developer to request they support the BB Bridge connection. It seems like all my apps can connect using either the WI-FI or the Bluetooth Bridge. For some reason, RDP can't.

This would be fantastic for those of us using BES as well, if it can pass traffic through the backend servers from Bridge.
    03-09-12 01:39 PM
    I received an email reply from Todd Grayson regarding his Remote Destop app and he told me that the Blackberry Bridge is restricted to HTTP/HTTPS connections only. If any programs use a different protocol, they require WI-FI access. So if the PlayBook is tethered over the WI-FI hotspot then it will work. For anyone without 7.1 or a non-tethering plan can't use this. So, here's to hoping RIM opens the BB Bridge to support more connection types.
    03-09-12 07:02 PM
    Name: The name of my computer when first setup win 7

Server: The IP address I got from "whatsismyip" 216.114.42.??

Username: I did not set one up on my computer when I setup win7 but it still asks for one when I try connecting RDP so I put something there.

Password: Same as username

Domain: Left it blank and also tried to put what it has on my wireless connection under "Domain" "skybeam.com"

Port: 3389 Also went into config in my linksys "single forward port" as follows
    Name:RDP / External Port 3389/ Internal Port 3389 /Protocol TCP & UDP/ IP Address 192.168.1.???/ Enabled Checked.

Console: Checked

I still get after it processes about 10sec. Can't connect to server

I have Ping from my playbook to my laptop and I have ping my playbook from my laptop passed 4 of 4.

Don't know whatelse to do.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Did you ever get an answer or find a solution?
    I am having in the same problem.
    03-09-12 08:26 PM
    It would be great if someone with the bar file post it for download
    04-20-12 08:17 PM
    Just saw an app called "remote rdp enterprise", $16.99. Seems a bit pricey
    04-25-12 08:38 PM
    From the description, it looks like some systems are already compatible. Having Windows 7 home version, I assume I'll need to install something.
    RDP is the protocol that this app uses, the server part is only available in Win7 Pro or Ultimate, XP Pro, Vista Business or Ultimate or Server 2003,2008 and 2008 R2. The client is available in all versions apart from Home Starter.
    04-26-12 09:36 AM
    I am using the Droid app Remote VNC Pro and it works great with the WiFi hotspot or tethering.

The others I have tried were incomplete or so badly done they were useless.
    Even mouse right click works!

Tim
    04-26-12 09:54 AM
    To those of you who are simply trying to get remote access to your home PC, etc., this is *not* the app for you. However, if you work in IT supporting Windows servers and enterprise desktops, and want to use your PB to check-up on them and/or perform maintenance, this app is a godsend.

People who understand the difference will immediately appreciate the value that a native RDP client brings to the table. Everyone else - and that includes the "can I play my .xyz file in vlc and view it on my pb" crowd - should go buy SplashTop.

For me, I use it to remotely manage a group of U.S.-based Windows application servers from the other side of the planet (yes, that means it works across subnets), so...

RCK
    So Very Very True.

I'm loving this Application. using it to RDP to my work's terminal server over it's VPN. and from there RDP directly to client terminal servers. Next up for me is a keyboard w/ trackpad, and I've got a completely mobile solution that allows me to do work on the road (given access to wifi)

But this is not a tool to stream media and such. However, I do love the ability to use it to gain access to a full range of networking tools I need at my disposal
    04-26-12 01:59 PM
124 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD