i just got my 16g playbook from the $199 sale. tested vpn with company's cisco asa and it works like a charm. now is there any good remote desktop app? i looked in the apps store and can only find rdm+. its $9.99 and there's no trial version to try. i read the review and most people complain its too slow so i am hesitant to spend the money to buy it. anyone know of a better rdp client? thanks.

anyone knows if os2 will have rdp support or not?

btw so far i really like the playbook. 7" form factor is the main reason i bought it. it fits in my jacket pocket perfectly and i can hold it with my two hands and type with two thumbs easily. i am not crazy about apps as i will be mainly using it for work, surf internet, and take pictures and videos.
    Last edited by zzbsb; 11-19-11 at 11:00 PM.
    11-19-11 10:56 PM
    I use VNC - specifically IMT VNC. I have never been a fan of RDP, as Microsoft tries to use it as a selling point for some versions if Windows. And VNC is free for all.

But RDP on the PB is limited. We have ported a few Android apps but you would be best to wait for OS2 official release if your PB is used in a production environment.
    zzbsb likes this.
    11-20-11 02:17 AM
    If you like to see Android RDP running on playbook take a look at the movie i made.

Blackberry Playbook RDP to Windows Host using Android RDP APP. | SKATEMANSWORLD

Skateman1972
    zzbsb likes this.
    11-20-11 04:22 AM
    I use VNC - specifically IMT VNC. I have never been a fan of RDP, as Microsoft tries to use it as a selling point for some versions if Windows. And VNC is free for all.

But RDP on the PB is limited. We have ported a few Android apps but you would be best to wait for OS2 official release if your PB is used in a production environment.
    i would prefer not installing vnc on every of my server.
    11-20-11 05:54 AM
    If you like to see Android RDP running on playbook take a look at the movie i made.

Skateman1972
    will check it out
    11-20-11 05:55 AM

Skateman1972
    hi just tried your link and it seems i cant view the video on my PB? all i can see is a black window.
    11-20-11 08:28 AM

Skateman1972

Where did you get the Android RDP from?

Could you post a link?
    11-20-11 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD