Does anyone know of any remote desktop connection apps out there now? I did see "VNC Desktop" in app world, but have no idea if it worthwhile.
    04-19-11 04:54 PM
    Save your money, I bought it yesterday but didn't work for my PC, tried Real VNC 4.1.3 like it said it was tested on and TightVNC and both didn't work. I did managed to get it to connect to my Macbook but as soon as you try to do anything, it brings you back to the connection screen.
    04-20-11 12:19 PM
    wing604,

Other users are not experiencing such problems in using the app and have found it to be useful for them.

If you continue to experience problems using your windows server I encourage you to contact the application support for assistance. Note that the VNC protocol is not dependant on the operating system and that your problem could be related to server configuration.

The application setting screen should only appear when you swipe out your playbook screen, but all your comments and feedback will be welcome.

Note also that additional features are expected to be added in upcoming releases.

Kind Regards
    04-20-11 05:34 PM
    Did you create that account just to reply to me?

The current reviews on App World show mainly negative feedback. There were no reviews yesterday when I purchased this so I did not know what to expect.

I assure you my server is configured correctly. Password is disabled, firewalls are disable, and router configuration is forwarding properly, which doesn't matter anyways as I'm connecting internally. Verified server is listening on the specified port with telnet and I can establish a connection fine from my laptop.

While it was connect to my Mac, all I did was tap inside the screen, there was no swiping motion of any sort, swiping also shouldn't disconnect the session and bring me back to the connection/settings screen.

I accepted the fact that it was limited in feature such as password functions as it was mentioned in the notes and how it would be introduced in later versions but I expected it to work on a basic level right now since it is a paid app.

Wing
    04-20-11 11:08 PM
    www.logmein.com free to use and works without plugin or downloading an app to your playbook..... damn i wish I got commission for referrals......
    Boots4283 likes this.
    04-20-11 11:13 PM
    Save your money, I bought it yesterday but didn't work for my PC, tried Real VNC 4.1.3 like it said it was tested on and TightVNC and both didn't work. I did managed to get it to connect to my Macbook but as soon as you try to do anything, it brings you back to the connection screen.
    Both have worked for me since day one....almost a year ago now. But only if PB is on same router as machines I am controlling. IE can wirelessly control my desktop which is hardwired, if sign in from same office building, but not from home. Also while both worked on my winxp, only one worked on bosses win 7 machine.

Dont know of a true virtual network that allows me to connect and work from home on my desktop screen. Still, I sell Hyundais and Mazdas and it is great to be out on lot checking inventory and sending "office emails" from my desktop, or checking the prices posted only on our local server.
    12-18-11 10:40 AM
    You can try using various remote support services such as logmeinrescue.com, gosupportnow.com etc. in order to have remote desktop sharing between computers.
    11-06-12 07:17 AM
    I use 2X Client, it is a ported Android application, but it works well.
    Also, it's FREE!
    11-06-12 08:09 PM
    I went with RDM+. I had the BBOS version on my Bold, so it was a natural transition. The nice thing is that RDM+ also has other options along with remote control, such as being able to transfer files.
    11-06-12 08:48 PM
    I use 2X Client, it is a ported Android application, but it works well.
    Also, it's FREE!
    +1 for this, I tested this to be working absolutely fine with my win7 64 bit machine. I tried opening a couple of apps and experience was not bad either.

And as said, its free. give it a shot.
    11-07-12 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD