Especially games. PB has a userbase of only around 1.5 million maybe a bit more now but we are getting game after game, a lot of big name stuff too. I've also noticed a lot of music apps and astronomy apps coming along too. I can only imagine appworld will explode when bb10 and cascades hit the market. PB is really going to give the bb10phones a good headstart.

I now have 64 games on my PB Most of them paid and my DS has now become obsolete.
    Lhendr, Marty_LK, KermEd and 1 others like this.
    04-30-12 05:04 PM
    my DS has now become obsolete.
    Same thing for me with my psp
    04-30-12 05:08 PM
    Something many users do not take into account when looking at apps... Many times they are too busy counting the apps they do not have that they want Skype and Netflix for a couple... or being envious of all the Apps the other platforms have to think that PB has a pretty good selection on Apps for the installed base....
    04-30-12 05:32 PM
    Funny how anal-lysts of BGR would say RIM is dead!
    Barljo likes this.
    04-30-12 05:33 PM
    Funny how anal-lysts of BGR would say RIM is dead!
    They aren't analysts though, they are just forumites that have a website.
    04-30-12 05:34 PM
    yeah Im surprised all these big companies are now announcing support
    for Games on the PB.
    like Sega,Halfbrick and Glu Games Inc. They have really good games.
    PB was suppose to be discontinue since November. Guess not
    04-30-12 05:45 PM
    RIM really needs to put out some new tv ads showing off all the apps pb has.
    04-30-12 05:59 PM
    Yea its definitely not bad at all.
    04-30-12 06:09 PM
    yeah Im surprised all these big companies are now announcing support
    for Games on the PB.
    like Sega,Halfbrick and Glu Games Inc. They have really good games.
    PB was suppose to be discontinue since November. Guess not
    Today, alone, has been impressive with what's being announced for upcoming games and RIM has managed to do something that I was hoping they would do; namely, get other major game studios out there bringing their material to the Playbook side. Extremely happy with what has happened today. My wallet isn't of course.
    04-30-12 06:15 PM
    Yeah, I've been very pleased and surprised by the amount of apps for the playbook. People complain so much about it, but I haven't run into any problems. Since a don't have many friends with a playbook, so it would be nice to have something to use the cameras with. But that's about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 06:21 PM
    I too am impressed and satisfied with the quantity and especially the quality of recent games, but whatever happened to "I need tools, not toys"? Hopefully this trend in gaming carries over to productivity and business apps.
    04-30-12 07:01 PM
    I too am impressed and satisfied with the quantity and especially the quality of recent games, but whatever happened to "I need tools, not toys"? Hopefully this trend in gaming carries over to productivity and business apps.
    well that was a bold 9900 commercial.. and maybe it was the martinez brothers who came up with that line and RIM just let them use it haha. The bold is more of a tool.. but the playbook feels more like a multi use product.
    04-30-12 07:07 PM
    All these games being released just goes to show how committed blackberry is to playbook and bb10. Some lol at me when I bought my playbook but I had faith in Rim. I think tomorrow will be the day that I can lol at all the people who told me why this was such a bad buy. Don't look now but blackberry is determined to make a comeback and it's looking better everyday. Thx to Rim for making me look like I knew Wtf I was doing when I bought this beautiful piece of technology. Where are all the trolls did they go into hiding over at Imore???
    zma15 likes this.
    04-30-12 07:13 PM
    Wait for cascades!!! Games are one thing but we'll have beautiful productivity apps as well once the devs can get their hands on the framework! patience this is a good stone to get bb10 rolling. App world for PB is around 35,000? Am I right on that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 07:14 PM
    well that was a bold 9900 commercial.. and maybe it was the martinez brothers who came up with that line and RIM just let them use it haha. The bold is more of a tool.. but the playbook feels more like a multi use product.
    Yeah you're right. I just don't want to see the PlayBook be just about gaming although I do recognize, appreciate and all out love the progress being made.
    04-30-12 07:18 PM
    An off line mapping application that is a native app that works with our gps would be nice. I am happy with the apps offered and agree that the number of apps is good for our present user base.
    04-30-12 08:42 PM
    They aren't analysts though, they are just forumites that have a website.
    Well if you don't call a person who analyses an analysts then what? a plumber?
    04-30-12 08:59 PM
    Well if you don't call a person who analyses an analysts then what?
    It would be like calling someone a nurse because they nursed their grandmother while at hospital.
    Or calling someone a teacher because they taught their kid how to play ball.
    04-30-12 09:11 PM
    Yeah you're right. I just don't want to see the PlayBook be just about gaming although I do recognize, appreciate and all out love the progress being made.
    i think the games will draw in more people. After they'll see just how much more they can do with, and how much more portable the smaller form factor of the playbook is
    04-30-12 09:11 PM
    It would be like calling someone a nurse because they nursed their grandmother while at hospital.
    A teacher studied BS education, a nurse studied BS nursing. an analyst studied BS analyzing?
    04-30-12 09:18 PM
    Im pretty sure they are just tech journalists not analysts.
    04-30-12 09:22 PM
    Well, it's a testament to the power of QNX and how easy it is to port stuff over from other platforms (iOS games, android games, flash games, etc.). Now we just need the more useful business applications to port over, and RIM might have a fighting chance!

As you can see in this article: Blackberry Playbook gets Angry Birds Space before Windows Phone | WMPoweruser, it's taking longer for Angry Birds in Space to port over to WP because it requires a rewrite of the app...
    04-30-12 11:16 PM
    Well, it's a testament to the power of QNX and how easy it is to port stuff over from other platforms (iOS games, android games, flash games, etc.). Now we just need the more useful business applications to port over, and RIM might have a fighting chance!

As you can see in this article: Blackberry Playbook gets Angry Birds Space before Windows Phone | WMPoweruser, it's taking longer for Angry Birds in Space to port over to WP because it requires a rewrite of the app...
    I mentioned we have Lara Croft now too
    05-01-12 04:19 AM
    blackberry should bring out an ad right now that just shows games....promote it as a gaming platform that does other stuff too.
    05-01-12 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD