So I decided to look at the various games that are available for some of the other tablets and was left envious.

Some of the publishers like Epic Games (e.g., Infinity Blade), Squareenix (e.g., Final Fantasy Tactics), GameArts (e.g., Silpheed Alternative: Menance from beyond the stars) to name a few have produced some very impressive games that are visually stunning.

Anyone care to speculate if any of these publishers will produce something for the Playbook? Or, perhaps this is more likely, simply waiting to port over their games through the upcoming Android player.

And speaking of Android, check out this link:
    Sixaxis Controller app lets controllers and certain Android devices play nice together | Joystiq

Dancing Pixel Studios has created an app that allows someone to use their sixaxis PS3 controller to play games on Android devices. Doesn't look like all andorid devices are supported but it raises an interesting question for the Playbook - would anyone like to be able to use a joystick to control a game on the Playbook?
    08-09-11 09:37 PM
    08-09-11 10:04 PM
    And sadly, since that announcement/blog, there hasn't been anything released and no further news regarding any of their games. Those are exactley what I was talking about - games that look gorgeous and stunning on the Playbook. I guess we still have to wait
    08-09-11 10:23 PM
    More frustrating to see the 3 month old Unity links then the envy created by other tablets, at least in my opinion.
    08-09-11 11:04 PM
    i have been doing this on my transformer for quite a while now....pretty awesome stuff
    08-09-11 11:08 PM
    I posted a question on the Unity blog the other day asking if they were still going to develop any games for the Playbook. So far no response. I guess we will see if anything get's posted. Interesting to see that they "were" going to release 30 games for the Playbook by the end of this year! At this point, I'd be happy with 1.
    08-15-11 03:13 PM
    Update: I received a response from Unity Technologies this afternoon that indicates "We are currently porting games to Playbook via an agreement that Union (internal entity) has with RIM." No other information regarding when material might be released was provided sadly. But at least it looks like that work is still ongoing on it.
    08-18-11 06:20 PM
    I was wondering about this Samurai game yesterday, according to them porting it over is easier than thinking about doing it... I guess with the Playbook when people say by summer they are probably talking about the southern hemisphere.
    08-19-11 09:23 PM
    I've already mailed the developer of the sixasis controller app to check if he can develop one for the playbook. I'll wait for the response. In the meantime, is there someone who have successfully paired the PS3 controller to the playbook?
    10-30-11 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD