My experience has been with RDM+, from my 9700 at the beginning couple years back coupled with DRM+Web, then with my 9800 last year and now 9810. So now I have RDM+ for blackberry for when I have only my phone, RDM+Web for when I'm in front of a computer with a browser (windows, mac, linux, or whatever with a browser), and finally RDM+ for PlayBook for when I have my PlayBook via WiFi or bridged. I install the program on my clients PC or Mac (with their permission) and service them any time. It has been great for me.
    03-08-12 11:09 PM
    I have RDM+ on my Storm2 and Playbook. It works very well for me. I have an aquarium connected to a desktop PC. I was able to feed my fish, replenish the water and control the lights remotely. I did this while i was away for a month.

RDM+ on my Storm2 has a much better keyboard functionality. The Playbook version needs to be improved to be called productive.
    03-09-12 01:23 AM
    I purchased Remote Desktop for Blackberry ($6.99), it connected to my company's corporate system with no problems. I can now remote into corporate desktop and run all the corporate programs (Oracle,email,office programs) with my Playbook and I use the bridge remote to control the mouse. With this app I can now access all my work data from anywhere I have WIFI. It will not work through bridge, maybe they will upgrade in the future. Or maybe when I move to OS 7 with WIFI hotspot built in the phone it will work through the phone. I am very pleased with this application.
    03-09-12 05:27 AM
    So, there is a client on the Playbook and on the work desktop? Are you using the tether or bridge option? I am looking at doing the same thing for work and we have very tight security also.
    Yup, client on each and no joy via Bridge. Tethering works fine.
    03-09-12 07:35 AM
    So anyone have experience with either program on the Playbook (RDM+ and Splashtop) for a person like myself outside of a corporate environment. I'm not worried about security or firewalls or work or anything. I just want to access my laptop when I'm away from home using my playbook. I have RDM+ for my Blackberry 9780 but I want faster, better easier UI for the Playbook. Can I get a straight answer outside of a work environment about controls, etc? Thanks.
    Also, anyone tried Teamviewer? I use the free version and it seem to work EXCEPT the mouse is hard to pinpoint using just your finger without having to zoom in or use a stylus.
    03-09-12 07:54 AM
    RDP runs on most windows systems by default. If you are a server administrator, RDP is a better choice. No one worth anything will allow you to install splashtop on their servers. The RDP client i've been using and liking has no sound transfer, which is fine for what I'm using it for, but if you are looking to connect to your home pc to watch movies and listen to mp3's Splashtop might be a better choice. I'm using the Remote Desktop app and have been happy with it.
    03-09-12 08:34 AM
    So it looks like we have 5 options or so now, VNC, Remote Desktop, RDM, Sideloaded remote desktop app, and splashtop.

Does RDM do sound?
    03-09-12 08:39 AM
    Oh my goodness! Splashtop update today allows me not only to unlock my system remotely, it also allows me to use BlackBerry Remote. Now this is great! Much better precision with the remote BB function - and add the keyboard to the mix... Awesome!
    03-09-12 11:32 AM
    2) It would be ideal if you could use the BB remote with Splashtop. It would be a bit more precise to have a "mouse" pointer when making acute selections.

The Splashtop playbook app was upgraded today. After I downloaded it, the remote started working properly... You will love it.
    03-09-12 12:25 PM
    I tend to use Remote Desktop when I need to actually do some work on the desktop (like for example, copying files between my PC and Fileserver) and Splashtop serves as a way to keep an eye on my flight simulator when it's on Autopilot and I want a few drinks

Both work well for different purposes.
    03-09-12 02:22 PM
    I purchased Remote Desktop for Blackberry ($6.99), it connected to my company's corporate system with no problems. I can now remote into corporate desktop and run all the corporate programs (Oracle,email,office programs) with my Playbook and I use the bridge remote to control the mouse. With this app I can now access all my work data from anywhere I have WIFI. It will not work through bridge, maybe they will upgrade in the future. Or maybe when I move to OS 7 with WIFI hotspot built in the phone it will work through the phone. I am very pleased with this application.
    does it have a client program which you install on the desktop PC? If not, I don't see how it can RDP to a corporate computer.
    03-09-12 02:50 PM
    Corporates system runs rdt server,used it with my laptop, now access with PB no client needed.
    03-09-12 06:31 PM
    we don't have an "RDT" server. Unless we connect through VPN, we can't have direct access to our work PCs.
    03-09-12 06:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD