I cannot find it yet on the AppWorld, but the FairyMary tweet tells us it is released !!! ...

FairyMary
    @FairyMary FairyMary
    RDM+ remote desktop for #Playbook released today. Introduction price $9.99. Get it while it's hot!
    08-04-11 07:01 AM
    I won't be buying this app..I'm not into and remote desktop app that requires a client. All I need is a true RDP app that uses industry standards. This had me excited for a second... see app details here - Buy RDM+ Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download RDM+ Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-04-11 08:42 AM
    They just posted the link, when the tweet was out they had yet to click to make it live.

They wanted the news to come from us first!
    08-04-11 08:46 AM
    They just posted the link, when the tweet was out they had yet to click to make it live.

They wanted the news to come from us first!
    Okay, then I was too fast ...
    08-04-11 08:55 AM
    $9.99 is a good deal...just not sure if I really need, or would use it...very tempting though...
    08-04-11 09:04 AM
    I won't be buying this app..I'm not into and remote desktop app that requires a client. All I need is a true RDP app that uses industry standards. This had me excited for a second... see app details here - Buy RDM+ Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download RDM+ Remote Desktop for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    totally agree, I need a true RDP app
    MedChemist likes this.
    08-04-11 09:16 AM
    Trial on this app would have been nice , its a bit pricey if the app don't work as we want ...
    kevin.mcca likes this.
    08-04-11 10:30 AM
    Ya same here. I will take a pass on this as well. Would rather have a true RPD client application. Not a big fan of remote desktop applications that require you connect to a third party server to connect to your own desktop or corporate servers.
    08-04-11 11:08 AM
    the one benefit i do see from this app is you can remotely assist someone who doesnt know how to forward their ports. Gonna email shape and see if they have a trial.
    08-04-11 12:28 PM
    Trying to buy this app I got the errormessage: This item is currently being updated, it will be available within 24 hours.. Too bad, will try tommorow.
    08-04-11 01:07 PM
    totally agree, I need a true RDP app
    Bear with the ignorant a moment, please. What is a true RDP and how different it is from SHAPE's implementation?
    08-04-11 01:27 PM
    Bear with the ignorant a moment, please. What is a true RDP and how different it is from SHAPE's implementation?
    I was wondering the same thing...
    08-04-11 01:39 PM
    Oh, and you can't even buy it yet. It says "Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error:3300)" when I try to buy it.
    08-04-11 01:42 PM
    Now it says it is being updated and could take 24 hrs

Ok maybe this company (Not RIM) is having issues and that is why IM+ has dropped
    08-04-11 01:44 PM
    I was wondering the same thing...
    I haven't used shapes rdp yet, from the looks and sounds of it, it seems like the logmein technique.
    I believe by true rdp people are referring to the built in rdp features within the os. Many people use different techniques to dial in but basically its the ability to dial in without 3rd party setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    weemdog likes this.
    08-04-11 02:03 PM
    Now it says it is being updated and could take 24 hrs

Ok maybe this company (Not RIM) is having issues and that is why IM+ has dropped
    Amazing. So it's not 'just me'. I've been trying to d.l. this app on and off since Crackberry broke the news this AM. I keep getting (still) that Error 3300 message. Annoying. A lot of things about the Playbook are anoying mind you. patience I keep telling myself. it will all be worth it
    Anyway my Playbook, 'Clyde', was this close to having a serious accident. Not sure how it avoided that but now that I see this post - a good thing - Clyde is once again safe.
    08-04-11 02:20 PM
    Amazing. So it's not 'just me'. I've been trying to d.l. this app on and off since Crackberry broke the news this AM. I keep getting (still) that Error 3300 message. Annoying. A lot of things about the Playbook are anoying mind you. patience I keep telling myself. it will all be worth it
    Anyway my Playbook, 'Clyde', was this close to having a serious accident. Not sure how it avoided that but now that I see this post - a good thing - Clyde is once again safe.
    LOL

Yeah it is frusterating when they dangle it in your face and won't let you have it
    08-04-11 03:30 PM
    I haven't used shapes rdp yet, from the looks and sounds of it, it seems like the logmein technique.
    I believe by true rdp people are referring to the built in rdp features within the os. Many people use different techniques to dial in but basically its the ability to dial in without 3rd party setup.
    It has native RDP capabilities? I tell you, each passing day the Playbook impresses me more... And I hate RIM a bit more for releasing it all over the world but in Brasil...
    08-04-11 03:38 PM
    It has native RDP capabilities? I tell you, each passing day the Playbook impresses me more... And I hate RIM a bit more for releasing it all over the world but in Brasil...
    No just saying that what people want is a native RDP. I just want RDP don't care by who as long as it is decent
    08-04-11 03:52 PM
    I thought 9.95 was CHEAP! Unfortunately it won't let me buy it either. 1 question though if anyone know, does it have remote sound?
    08-04-11 05:24 PM
    $12.25 Australian! What the..... Our currency is 7 % stronger than the USD.

Apple recently adjusted all their pricing to better reflect the actual exchange rate, how about it RIM?

Last edited by Rgainsmi; 08-04-11 at 05:35 PM.
    08-04-11 05:30 PM

Those of us that are looking for an RDP client want one because it doesn't require us to install other software on our remote systems and servers. This is already built into these systems OS. Additionally, LogMeOn, RDM +, GoToMeetting/Webinar, and WebEx require the user to go through third party servers. You would be working remotely and have to connect both ends through those vendors servers.

Now my company currently uses GoToMeeting, and we typically use that to connect to our clients systems when working on software installs etc. No way they would allow us access directly via RPD in most cases. The internal systems contain sensitive info. So someone has to be on both ends. This is fine for RDM. But if I want to access my own companies internal servers, there is no way we would allow external servers to act as go betweens between our servers and remote users full time. This is what we need the RDP clients for.

Hope this has been helpful.
    08-04-11 06:44 PM
    Has anyone been able to install it?

I'm going to wait for some reviews before dishing the 10$. I've played with the RDM+ web client using 2 PCs on the same network and I have to say that performance is pretty terrible. If the PlayBook app is as bad I'm definitely gonna stay away.
    08-04-11 07:43 PM
    Some more in-depth info about RDM+ which I use for several years now when I'm not in the office and need to do some troubleshooting when needed...

This is a usefull tool for RDP because you do not have to open any port on your firewall!
    (I do not want to open port 3389 for RDP to the internet...)

The other advantages are:
    - Access to files
    Attachment 90913

Attachment 90918
    - Access to Processes & Services
    Attachment 90916
    - Access to desktop
    Attachment 90917

(The screenies are taken from my Torch-9800 with the RDM+ tool)

So it is a little more then just a RDP Client...(That's the + I guess :-)
    Maybe this will clear up some...and are just my 2 cts:

Regards,
    Last edited by Marcel38; 08-05-11 at 05:36 AM.
    08-05-11 05:22 AM
    I just purchased an installed this app. Took me about 10 minutes to set everything up. It was really simple and works great.

Since I use SugarSync to access all my files from my computers, this app was not absolutely necessary for me, but it's always good to have the option to access your computer virtually.

Since this app has varying levels of graphics quality, you can adjust how fast you need it to be.

Well worth the $10.
    08-05-11 06:40 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD