Please correct me if I am wrong. From what it seems 2.0 won't exactly feature Android app compatibility or a player, right?......but will feature a "bigger Blackberry Playbook AppMarket" by way of officially ported apps (once known as 'Android' apps, that are submitted and approved by RIM.

Does anyone have any idea of the percentage of Android apps that will officially be ported?...or what popular games/apps won't be submitted?
    02-14-12 06:18 PM
    Android App Player is part of OS2. There are many apps already in App World that run in the player.As far as percentages, I don't know and everyone's idea of "popular" seems to vary a lot.
    02-14-12 06:22 PM
    Android App Player is part of OS2. There are many apps already in App World that run in the player.As far as percentages, I don't know and everyone's idea of "popular" seems to vary a lot.
    Yep, you got that part wrong OP. The Android Player is part of OS2 and here are already android apps in AppWorld. You can see them if you have the Bpdev beta (look for Handster).

RIM has made it mandatory that all ported apps make no mention whatsoever of being Android (I particularly don't like that move and I'll be pissed if I end up buying an app, just to find out it is not native).

What isn't there is access to the Android Market that Amdroid devices go for apps. We're stuck with AppWorld.
    02-14-12 06:44 PM
    Lets see Android runs inside of QNX as a task/player...its a thing inside a greater thing...the littler dumber thing running inside the bigger smarter thing.

Why not write the Android app writers to convince them to write to the superior OS instead of putting up with an app created for a lesser OS.

I would prefer superior apps that take advantage of a superior OS on a hot hardware platform instead of dumbing down the whole thing to run like lemmings over the Android disconected and disjointed mess...I'm just saying...
    02-14-12 09:02 PM
    I think we'd all prefer that, but I'll take what I can get. You're welcome to refrain from using non-native apps until the dev makes one. I'll use whatever. From my experience, the AP is just slightly different . I think "disconected and disjointed mess" is a little exaggerated...
    02-14-12 10:34 PM
    Most people use screenshots from a Droid device. It's pretty ridiculous, but PB won't accept apps that aren't functional, provide no functions, or are entirely unusable.
    02-14-12 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD