Sorry if some of you find this to be a stupid question.

I just bought my first ever App last week - WorkoutJournal.

It had a *in my opinion* a major flaw that made it unusable by me, however, it seemed as if the fix would be a very basic and easy one.

I now see there is an update.....a 2.5 from the 2.0 that I purchased, and will cost an additional $0.99.

Am I supposed to pay for this update to get it? Don't Apps update for free?

If a developer issues a flawed App that people buy, do they expect people to pay again to get it fixed?

It's not the money here, but the principle of the thing. Is this how paid Apps work? Is this common? Or.....do I just not understand, and there's a simple solution.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.
    Last edited by kcdist; 07-08-11 at 10:33 AM.
    07-08-11 10:06 AM
    Its not a stupid question.

The bottom line is that it's up to the developer. I don't charge for updates to my apps (or I haven't so far), but some do. Some developers charge for a major addition to the functionality, but usually not for bug fixes.

In an appworld setting it's difficult to separately issue bug fix releases and major updates. My major updates often include fixing all the bugs up to that point in time.

You could write the support e-mail for the app and ask about this.
    07-08-11 10:14 AM
    Thanks.

Now, other than contacting the developer directly, is there anyway to find out what changes have been made to the App? What will I get for the additional $0.99? Should there be a description somewhere of the difference between 2.0 and 2.5?
    07-08-11 10:37 AM
    Thanks.

Now, other than contacting the developer directly, is there anyway to find out what changes have been made to the App? What will I get for the additional $0.99? Should there be a description somewhere of the difference between 2.0 and 2.5?
    I put a brief change log in the description for the updated app. But ultimately this is up to the developer and you may have contact him/her directly via the support email address.
    07-08-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD