Thanks Karen for your support.

I have a question, if I buy this application as is and then it is ported to native will I need to repurchase it? How does that work?

Thanks for this app I really do hope it becomes native

-Luay
    05-10-12 11:08 AM
    At this point, I'm not sure how that would work! I don't know if there's a mechanism to update an Android app to a Playbook Native app within the Appworld. It's definitely a bridge we will wait to cross until we come to it
    05-10-12 01:22 PM
    @BioDave1955 I responded by email, but so everyone else knows the answer too: We support static forms (saved from LiveCycle) and are currently working on calculations for a future release. But any static fillable form should work just fine!
    Hi Karen...I purchased this app today and it does work with static forms, except for one very annoying problem. The app always crashes after I start filling the second part of the form . I then have to force close the app and start over again. I thought I might be able to save my work and try again, but it crashed on save as well, corrupting the file making it useless. Any thoughts?
    05-10-12 08:10 PM
    Hi everyone! Sorry about this issue - we're trying to figure out what caused it, but the steps @symbotier posted do seem to resolve it.

1. Open App world. Click �My World� tab at the top. Click �Installed� tap in the upper right. Scroll to �qPDF Notes� and press �Delete� button.
    2. Restart device.
    3. Re-install qPDF Notes.

This will teach me to go on vacation for a weekend

I had already figured out that I should reinstall, but was dismayed to find the "Reinstall" button missing in Appworld. This work around did the trick. Thanks.
    05-11-12 06:38 AM
    Check your email

And for anyone else who might have an issue in the future, just shoot an email to [email protected] and I'll be happy to assist!

Hi Karen...I purchased this app today and it does work with static forms, except for one very annoying problem. The app always crashes after I start filling the second part of the form . I then have to force close the app and start over again. I thought I might be able to save my work and try again, but it crashed on save as well, corrupting the file making it useless. Any thoughts?
    05-11-12 07:00 AM
    I have been using QPDF Notes for several days now to annotate PDF versions of drafts of scientific papers. I am reasonably satisfied... It is certainly the best PDF annotating solution I have found for the Playbook! But there are a few annoyances...

1) The keyboard... The predictive text keyboard is not available in QPDF Notes, just the regular one.

2) The sticky note text entry box... Why is it so small? I usually want to enter notes that are at least a sentence long, and sometimes longer. The text entry box is so small that only about 10 words can be seen at a time!

3) The behavior of the sticky note text entry when you mistype... When you are typing a note into the sticky note text entry box and miss a letter on the keyboard too high (ie when you touch on the greyed-out document itself) then the sticky note vanishes along with all the text you have written, and it cannot be recovered! This is really frustrating when you have written a long note into the tiny little box!

To deal with the annoyance caused by the sum of 1), 2) and 3) I have taken to keeping the docs-to-go editor open while I use QPDF notes. When I want to type a sticky note I switch over to docs-to-go and enter the text there, then cut-and-paste it into the little text entry box in QPDF. This works, but it would be better to be able to do it all in one app (especially since the app in question is the most expensive app I have ever bought!)

Karen, I hope this type of feedback is useful to you guys!
    victorshikhman likes this.
    05-14-12 09:00 AM
    I just purchased this app and noted that for some reason when I attempt to type longer sentences with the typewriter function, the sentences will disappear shortly after I hit 'Add'. Sometimes the text I input will not appear at all on the document. I have no explanation as to why this is happening. It does not happen with a few words or shorter sentences. I have changed my front size to 16 and font colour to red, but don't see why that would cause text to disappear. I am also using the Playbook keyboard.

Is there a character limit that I am unaware of? This same limitation seemingly does not occur with the sticky note function.

Aside from this, I have to say this app was a long time coming for the Playbook. Thanks for making it available and I hope you do well with sales!
    05-17-12 06:28 PM
    @symbotier, thanks for this! I'll see if there's a way we can specifcy to use the predictive text keyboard for all fields - that should give a bit of buffer to prevent #3 from happening, too. Tapping outside of a dialog closes it, but the ease of missing a key on the PlayBook makes this a somewhat unfortunate behavior right now!

For #2, I think it makes sense for us to try and make that pane bigger on larger screens, so I'll see if we can make that happen as well

@cbyrne2014 there's no character limit. Could you try this on a brand new document? Swipe down from the top and hit New. If it doesn't happen on a fresh document, could you send me your pdf so I can try and recreate this? It could also be something weird in the file that we're not handling properly. qpdfsupport at qoppa dot com.
    05-18-12 08:35 AM
    Very Nice App! Not sure if I missed this but any update in the near future to include epubs?
    05-18-12 03:15 PM
    Just downloaded the demo app, really impressed with first impressions, but has a really annoying bug - when digitally signing a pdf it forces you to save as a new copy and there lies the bug, save as doesn't work properly. Karen qpdf any news on when this bug might be fixed? If this and the emailing bug were fixed I would be looking to buy around 10 -20 copies of this for my field service engineers. Keep up the good work.
    05-21-12 10:57 AM
    Signing and saving a new copy works in my paid copy. I made a _signed file, worked without error.
    05-21-12 11:01 AM
    Regular save-as works too so that appears to be fixed in the current version.
    05-21-12 11:08 AM
    Mmmm. Is it just the demo version then? Is the demo version not as up to date as the paid? Looking further into this it is actually saving the new file but nothing outside of Qpdf can open the files and I can't attach them to emails
    05-21-12 02:54 PM
    @moonhacker - We're not sure about this yet. epub files are VERY different from PDF, and we haven't looked into what it would take to support a totally new document standard.

@daddybearjon - No limits in the demo version - this is just a permissions issue from within the Android player. Save As seems to work fine in the /sdcard/downloads directory, but if you save to Documents, it is almost guaranteed not to work. We've been in touch with RIM about this and they're at least aware of the permissions issue with Android apps, so hopefully they'll get a fix out this summer.
    05-22-12 09:27 AM
    @karen qpdf, thanks for that I will try and save into the /sdcard/downloads directory
    karen qpdf likes this.
    05-23-12 06:43 AM
    I installed the Playbook OS 2.1 beta and now it seems any file I save with QPDF cannot be read by any other application. This basically makes the app useless for annotating PDFs in the beta version of the the OS.

Karen, are you guys aware of this? Is there any workaround available right now?
    07-01-12 05:05 AM
    I installed the Playbook OS 2.1 beta and now it seems any file I save with QPDF cannot be read by any other application. This basically makes the app useless for annotating PDFs in the beta version of the the OS.

07-01-12 05:06 AM

Yikes, we were not aware of this! We haven't checked out the 2.1 beta yet but I was definitely hoping the saving issue would be diminished in the new OS version rather than "enhanced"... Does it not work even if you save to /sdcard/download?

I won't be able to test this on our device because we're going to work on the Playbook build for our latest release this week and I don't want to risk breaking our device before testing. I'd hate for you guys to hate to wait longer for bookmarks, comments lists, and remembering your last page I'll see if I can find more info about the issue and if there's a possible solution anywhere.
    07-02-12 09:15 AM
    Hey Karen,

I'm also getting this problem on my PlayBook as of late (got the app today). Saving the file with a different name produces an error whereas saving the original works great.

Planning a fix anytime soon?

Other than that, really great app. Nice editing capabilities and great on the speed. So far I'm quite happy.
    08-17-12 02:56 PM
    Are you saving to /sdcard/download or to another directory? Save As *should* be working fine in /sdcard/download, and the next update to the Playbook OS will fix saving elsewhere (we heard back from our contact at RIM and he said they'd be fixing this in the upcoming version).

Hey Karen,

I'm also getting this problem on my PlayBook as of late (got the app today). Saving the file with a different name produces an error whereas saving the original works great.

Planning a fix anytime soon?

Other than that, really great app. Nice editing capabilities and great on the speed. So far I'm quite happy.
    Pulsumnonest likes this.
    08-17-12 03:01 PM
    Gotcha. I even missed the little warning that's given when you Save As. Works when you save in the sd/downloads folder.

Thanks
    08-18-12 03:39 AM
    Glad that did the trick for you!
    08-21-12 12:41 PM
    Hello, I've tried the qPDF viewer and I am having difficulty with pictures that are in the PDF file not loading. I thought maybe it was the viewer so I purchased qPDF notes but I am still having the same problem. Has anyone had this problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Thank you
    08-30-12 02:12 PM
    Can you send the doc to qpdfsupport at qoppa dot com so I can take a look? Some image code isn't fully supported for Android apps on the Playbook, so that may be what's happening here.
    09-04-12 12:59 PM
    hello karen, i have a qpdf app, and after read and edit 75 pag ,for now i can see the document in the directory but i cannot attach in a mail or see from the computer..
    the documet was originally protec and i used a share programs in web , for remove the protecci�n..after that i used qpdf.: Eek:
    can you help me?
    best
    09-16-12 02:28 AM
127 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD