Is it possible to extract a bar file off of my Q10 and install it on my PlayBook?

I purchased BitTorque on my Z10, was able to backup and restore it to my Q10, but i would love to have it on my PlayBook.

Or alternatively, is there a torrent app for PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:07 PM
    There's PlayTorrent (not in App World), which is a bit rubbish (I couldn't get it to keep downloading with leaving the app full screen, regardless of having the multitasking set to "showcase" mode), or there's a few Android clients which can be sideloaded.

Probably not possible to install the Q10 one though.
    06-01-13 05:17 PM
    I really like BitTorque, there has to be a way to get a bar file off my Q10!? Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:54 PM
    I really like BitTorque, there has to be a way to get a bar file off my Q10!? Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    There might be some way but rim did purposely encode/encrypt the bar files inside the archive to avoid piracy.
    06-02-13 02:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    The only way I know of obtaining BAR files only works while the BAR is being installed from App World, which of course isn't possible any more seeing as it has been removed from App World AFAIK.

As F2 said, the BAR files are encrypting within the backup to prevent them being extracted from backups (this used to be possible, but was of course used for piracy hence the change). This means it is impossible to extract the BAR from a backup without knowing the decryption key, which of course is not public knowledge.

But besides all of this, even if you could get it extracted, it is highly possible that the app requires BB10. Most BB10 apps will have the required OS version in the app manifest at least 10.0.0.0 [although that might be changeable and then you could re-sign the BAR], but even more importantly, the app could rely on APIs etc. that only exist in BB10 and not Tablet OS 2.1. So the app probably wouldn't even work anyway.
    06-02-13 04:14 PM
    Ok, this sounds more complicated than i first suspected, i was hoping it was as easy as backing up apps like i can on android, save the file to my dropbox and then just have the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:02 PM
    Simple terms NO, and if and when the playbook get's BB10 than would not be a problem. Problem is it's pretty apparent Blackberry has left the playbook for dead, to die a slow slow death.

Any mention about the playbook to Blackberry results in this "next question please". It's already a EOL product with less and less of anything related to it left for sale at huge discounts.
    06-02-13 05:32 PM
    BitTorque uses Cascades ; The Playbook has no Cascades library in the OS...

It wont work at all, even if you have the .bar
    SifJar likes this.
    06-03-13 09:37 AM