So I have loaded about eight or ten android apps from those that have been "tested and working" and my success with using them is about 50/50.

Haven't been able to get the following apps to work. They loaded fine but when I go to start them I get the recently applications screen.

ebay
    chase
    dilbert
    foxnews
    ics update

Have no problems with any of the following as they work great.

Pandora
    Remote RDP Enterprise
    Advanced Task killer
    Words with friends
    Live holdem pro

Any ideas on why the others are not working? Did I miss something in the myriad of posts on this?

PG
    10-30-11 10:49 AM
    I found it neccesary to load some apps a couple of times before they eventually opened, ICS update and Ebay I have tried myself
    10-30-11 10:58 AM
    I found it neccesary to load some apps a couple of times before they eventually opened, ICS update and Ebay I have tried myself
    Yup, as chrism said it seems that some apps require uploading/deleting/rebooting PB before they work properly, Ebay and OsmAnd for example, plus lots of others. I also had to remove files from /sdcard to get some to work after installing/reinstalling.

Cheers,

Porkerchops.
    10-30-11 03:53 PM

ebay
    chase
    dilbert
    foxnews
    ics update

i personally use foxnews all the time, never had a problem with that one. i used to use ICS but have removed it because i really see no use in it.

Bryan
    10-30-11 04:44 PM
    some the "working" apps only work partially as well...example, android twitter clients (seesmic, hootsuite) will not play videos in app (flash error)
    10-30-11 06:46 PM
    Sometimes too they havent been fully tested or someone reported they were working in error by defaulg we set all uploads to untested until someone says working or not. So we get a few false positives. I recommend reporting any non-worming apps through the form gbough for sure so we can get it added
    10-30-11 11:12 PM
    i used ICS update for quite a while it allows you access to a nice background rather than the recent apps screen. specifically the environment allows me access to my contacts i uploaded into my PB.

But it horrendously crashes. freezing over my PB for close to 20 odd minutes. gmail app crashes on boot. and the advanced photo editor and winamp dont read device media at all.

fortunately email and whatsapp work as expected.
    10-31-11 11:00 AM
    Thanks folks for the tips... I've deleted and reinstalled, deleted reboot then reinstalled, deleted reboot reinstall reboot... Several times with no success, I'll keep plugging away and see if I can figure out the missing link!

PG
    11-01-11 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD