Having a problem with Print to Go. When I sign in using Blackberry ID I receive message "This program cannot display webpage", with suggestions that I check my internet connection, retype address, etc. It appears that the program cannot connect to Blackberry because it sees no internet connection, even though I am connected and can log in to Blackberry through my internet browser. Any suggestions?
    02-23-12 11:51 AM
    I think it's a fantastic little feature for a few, key situations and a fairly narrow scope.

A for-instance: I've got a Visio diagram I want to show others or be able to refer to (REALLY nice since there's no Visio viewer on the PB). Or a CAD drawing. Or an InDesign layout. Something I just want to be able to grab a quick view of to take with me.

Also nice, capturing a web page. Especially if I'm going places where I may not have access even through Blackberry Bridge.

It's not for everyone, in every situation, and I would love to see a file management/sync that works as easily as P2G, but I'm quite pleased with this as a start.
    02-23-12 11:52 AM
    Print to go is actually a good idea.

With print to go you can send ANY document to the playbook, whether it was originally doc, wps, or virtually any other format that the playbook does not naively support. you can even use it to send 3d/2d modelling stuff to the playbook, just set up the print views directly in the modelling application and there you go.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-23-12 11:53 AM
    The App's TITLE tells you all you should need to know... PRINT to Go. What can you do with a PRINTED document? Nothing more than what you can do with the "P2G" document. It isn't called, portable document search and find and manipulate app.... Want to take a few important documents with you for reference, then P2G is just fine. I use it for my Travel Schedule documents, Meeting Agendas, etc. Works just FINE for what it was designed to do..
    Exactly right! As I'm reading through this thread I had the same thought. The way I use the app is very simple... I'm in and out of my office all day, if I needed a document in the field I would print it and head out the door. Now, I still do the same, but instead of printing on paper I print it to my playbook - very simple, easy to use with the nice app UI, and saves me a tone of paper. Every now and then situations still require paper copy, but for me personally, I'm finding the playbook works great...
    02-23-12 12:15 PM
    You're looking at the simplest possible use for it. You've got to think bigger. And by that I mean how it can be used, not what you had imagined it would be. Secretaries can send docs directly to a user's PB in the field. You can't do that with wifi-sharing. Just one example.

PDF is the standard for portable cross-platform documents.
    Uhh Sir they are called personal assistants, not secretaries
    02-23-12 12:20 PM
    My desktop computer is a Mac, I'm also still waiting for the Mac version.

PrintToGo simply prints to the pb, that's what I was expecting and it's a cool function.

Who was expecting 'Adobe Acrobat'

I haven't tried it yet but I hope we can at least zoom in/out in the PDF viewer
    02-23-12 12:57 PM
    For some reason I cant install Print to go on my computer. I am on my Windows Vista computer and I've tried multiple times and it just wont go completely through the install process. I deleted the file and re-downloaded it from blackberry and still the same result. Whats going on here?
    02-23-12 06:56 PM
    No problem with print to go using McAfee Anti-Virus. I use Vista on my desktop. It installed with out a hitch.
    02-23-12 07:04 PM
    Mine works great from the start and i have to say that i enjoy it.
    02-23-12 09:31 PM
    Print to Go is "GREAT" for carrying electronic Doc's for work, I use it all the time.

Only issue I have is that some of my .pdf's have a password and Print to Go will not open them? When I'm carrying sensitive Documents I just put a password on my PB
    02-23-12 09:58 PM
    Another innovative native app choice from Rim that is 100% optional for the user. **Try it Use it Love it or move on **
    02-23-12 10:59 PM
    Print to Go makes it easy to get a document onto your playbook (a few clicks ) and that's all it does. That's alot of convenience as opposed to Printing to PDF, entering the PB file system, Copy and pasting onto the PB file system and then opening a file explorer application on the PB, finding the PDF and opening it.
    But it would be the same as using email to store the file, and thus make the file available in the playbook, isn't? It would be the same level of easiness, because all you need do is add the PDF to a new message, save as draft and voila! The PDF is on my device, and I just need one click to open it. And also, there is the great advantage of being possible to do this on Linux and Mac. For me, the P2G is a just a useless app.
    02-23-12 11:51 PM
    I think its a good idea, just badly managed and produced.

My setup is what i would consider pretty normal, laptop on a corporate network, laptop also on wifi network playbook exists on too.

I can cutepdf print directly to my playbooks document folder over wifi. Have the drive as a network drive, can work from this network drive..but security would be desirable between the two... But can I print pdfs using print to go?...No...twice its said successful in around 20 attempts, with no documents found on the play book. I get the error :

PrintToGoDesktop.exe Error: 0 : EXCEPTION THROWN - System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.33:80

Please don't say, turn off your antivirus, turn off your firewalls...restart this, restart that... I shouldn't have too...it should have been released to work in a "normal everyday" corporate setup. Personally I don't even think the laptop and playbook should have to be on the same wifi network, desirable for big prints but surely not necessary, maybe I'm missing something?

Secure printing /passing of the documents to the playbook would be desirable...

Yours
    Disappointed
    02-24-12 07:06 AM
    Basically, P2G takes your printed output and simply converts it to - drum roll please - a PDF! Then it sticks the "printed" file onto the PlayBook and adds an index entry so that the P2G software knows something new has arrived. Tap to open and you're right back to the Adobe Reader I was hoping to escape. Unreal!

Bottom Line: The P2G client on the PlayBook seems to be nothing more than a cleverly animated file explorer, only without any actually useful functionality like full-text indexing or searching of document contents. Basically, it's a bunch of pretty fluff that does nothing that couldn't be accomplished easier via wifi sharing and a little manual file copying.
    It does exactly what it is supposed to do, and has worked flawlessly for me and others. If you're looking for document indexing look to Adobe for that feature, not RIM. Adobe is the standard reader that RIM has adopted and we all knew that going in.

It's a clever quick way to port documents into the playbook and I can tell you with experience it beats the pants off of PDF expert for the Ipad for moving documents. You may come to appreciate it's simplicity and the other features of PB 2.0 with more time to use and compare.
    02-24-12 07:32 AM
    I had; just before loading Print to Go, loaded a number of Windows 7 Critical Updates for Internet Explorer. Normally use Firefox but some applications have IE as only option. Once Print to Go on Asus Notebook; it started misbehaving. The worst was error message "Chameleon engine out of service". Once I did system restore and rolled back Print to Go all is working well. Just wondered if anyone else had conflicts with Print to Go.
    02-24-12 10:06 AM
    I too am waiting for the Mac version. I own my company which I am working very hard at keeping us a paperless company. So this would be awesome!!! Come on RIM! Please!
    02-24-12 10:41 AM
    +1

There's a thread on this on the Blackberry support forum also, no solutions yet.
    Disable your virus scanner, then try, and then re-enable your virus scanner. This worked for me with AVG.
    02-24-12 12:17 PM
    At first I wasn't sure what I would use Print2Go for but here is what I'm trying for my construction projects.

Folders created for each new project.
    Architectural Drawings in PDF added to folder (hundreds of pages per job multiple PDF files)
    Engineered Drawings added to folder (hundreds of pages per job multiple PDF files)

I may need to mark up the drawings in the field with a few comments so what I was thinking of using the screen capture and then using a photo editor to quickly markup the drawings, save and then email if necessary to the office as a jpeg.

Any recommendations on a good photo editor?

I would prefer to be able to mark up PDF's on natively.....is that possible?

Thx
    02-24-12 03:23 PM
    Having a problem with Print to Go. When I sign in using Blackberry ID I receive message "This program cannot display webpage", with suggestions that I check my internet connection, retype address, etc. It appears that the program cannot connect to Blackberry because it sees no internet connection, even though I am connected and can log in to Blackberry through my internet browser. Any suggestions?
    Have you solved this problem? I have the same issue. Whenever I hit print the log in windows come up, I enter my blackberry email and password and it brings up "This program cannot display the webpage". I can log in regularly to blackberry. I only cannot when I try print to go. Anyone? Any ideas?
    02-26-12 10:00 PM
    Have you solved this problem? I have the same issue. Whenever I hit print the log in windows come up, I enter my blackberry email and password and it brings up "This program cannot display the webpage". I can log in regularly to blackberry. I only cannot when I try print to go. Anyone? Any ideas?
    It has been said before in this thread, disable your anti-virus, try again. Once you have it working you can re enable your AV.
    02-26-12 10:08 PM
    For some reason I cant install Print to go on my computer. I am on my Windows Vista computer and I've tried multiple times and it just wont go completely through the install process. I deleted the file and re-downloaded it from blackberry and still the same result. Whats going on here?
    I had the same problem with Windows 7. Here was my solution: when the installation seemed to be done, green bar fully to the right, but just sitting there without finishing, I hit ctl-alt-del and opened task manager. Under "processes," I selected "net1.exe" and clicked "end process." As soon as I did so, the installation finished up, and the app worked perfectly. The problem seems to have something to do with fax or spooling in Windows.
    02-28-12 08:18 PM
    I got print to go installed, entered my BlackBerry ID, set up the pairing security code and tried to "print" a document from Internet Explorer to my PlayBook.

It failed, said it couldn't communicate with my PlayBook.

I have CutePDF installed - a PDF print driver. I printed the same web page with CutePDF, chose my "Documents" folder on the PlayBook as the save-to path and away it went, worked like a charm.

Print to Go - good concept, poor execution. It's no wonder why people go to the Apple Store.
    03-01-12 02:12 PM
    At least you can get it to work. I can't get past the BlackBerry ID log in - my PC just brings up half of the blackberry.com website with a message saying my log-in has expired and when I re-enter it it just sits there doing nothing.
    If this is your issue, then you have not paired your playbook and desktop app. Open up the print to go app on your playbook, swipe down from the top bezel and click on "settings". There you'll see the password that you need to pair the 2 together. All should be good after you do this!
    03-01-12 02:35 PM
    I can get as far as "print" and then get a "could not connect" error message. Blah!!!
    I have exactly the same problem with my laptop. I have configured everything and downloaded PTG 3 times but still when i select a .doc file for example and PTG i get the error - Print Error - Unable to locate the BB PB T. Make sure that
    - Your tablet is turned on
    - You are connected to the wifi
    - You are logged in with the same......

I have checked marked each and every item on the top but it still doesnt work?? Any suggestions??
    03-29-12 02:10 PM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD