The summer camp I work at has a bunch of Playbooks that were donated to us a while back that are basically collecting dust, and I've been trying to come up with cool ways to use them. Having recently picked up a Cardboard for my Nexus 5, I think building/using them would be an awesome project for the campers, but we don't have the budget to buy a class set of smartphones, so I'm hoping to jerry rig something with these Playbooks.

I've been poking around here for a few days trying to put something together, and was able to get the APK files for a couple of free apps (Jurassic VR, Orbulus) and use an online APK to BAR converter, then sideload them to the Playbook using DDPB, but both crash immediately upon launch on the Playbook.

I know its a bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out!
    04-15-15 10:02 AM
    The Playbook was hit and miss with the sideloading. Give it another try on the conversion and sideloading, sometimes it took a second attempt to either get the conversion right, or the loading. If it doesn't work after a couple more attempts, then it more than likely won't take those sideloads.....

You might try to do (if you already haven't) wipe the Playbooks and start from a "immaculate install"....
    The Playbook was hit and miss with the sideloading. Give it another try on the conversion and sideloading, sometimes it took a second attempt to either get the conversion right, or the loading. If it doesn't work after a couple more attempts, then it more than likely won't take those sideloads.....

You might try to do (if you already haven't) wipe the Playbooks and start from a "immaculate install"....
    04-15-15 10:25 AM
    When looking up the Android apps, pay attention to the android runtime required by the program. The playbook runs android runtime 2.3 I believe. So, Orbulus would be out of the question as it requires android 4.1. The Jurassic VR only needs ver 2.3, but that doesn't guarantee that it'll work. Unfortunately, this is the limitation of the runtime on the Playbook which hasn't been updated in a LONG time.
    04-20-15 08:13 AM