Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Is it possible for developers to remove negative reviews on app world?

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    One of the filters is "3+ Stars". Sure would be tempting to ditch a couple of reviews to keep an app at 3 Stars.
    That won't work. Even if RIM removes the review, it doesn't change the star rating. All it does is hide the review.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    Thanked by:
    BuzzStarField (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Souris View Post
    I don't trust App World at all. Thank goodness for Android app availability. I see horrible apps with nothing but 4 or 5 star reviews, such as Free Chess, which is just awful. But there is no way for me to leave a review of the app, so how did others do it? I have looked and looked and there's no opportunity to rate the app myself. Something is very, very fishy on App World.
    I always knew that there are a handful of deceitful developers in APP World and more than a few vendors should probably be in another line of work - but I had no idea App World this bad! I have learned from this thread that not only is there not a single worthy app in App World, but that RIM actually encourages developers to add hundreds of 4+ star reviews to each of these horrible excuses for software. Not only that, but there is no button available for honest customers to add reviews of their own.

I have a few questions though..Are you certain that you did not already review the app "Free Chess"? the button only appears if you did not use your one chance to make a comment.? What, in particular do you detest about this particular app and are you absolutely positive that there is not a single decent native app in App World? Why are you specific about the app that you did not like but did not name the apps that were worthy of your praise? Were you able to leave good reviews for all those excellent Android app that you downloaded from App World?

I am of the opinion that the OP's question has been asked and answered fully. The answer is yes - and as I have tried to explain before, there is a good reason for this ability. The fact that some developers misuse this privilege is bad enough for my business. But far worse are comments in this forum that may convince potential PlayBook owners that RIM is absolutely incompetent and that all developers are crooks. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
    Show off PlayBook's magnetometer! Just point and see What's up.
    Visit What's up Sky Map on Facebook.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Souris View Post
    I don't trust App World at all. Thank goodness for Android app availability. I see horrible apps with nothing but 4 or 5 star reviews, such as Free Chess, which is just awful. But there is no way for me to leave a review of the app, so how did others do it? I have looked and looked and there's no opportunity to rate the app myself. Something is very, very fishy on App World.
    You must have the app installed to be able to review it. i just downloaded free chess to test for you and the `add review` button is clearly there.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mea culpa. I apologize. It may indeed be that I've already done a review; I will check tonite.
    But my comments about this particular app still apply. The side-loaded Android chess apps work far better, with better graphics and playability. An example is Mobialia Chess, available from Koz's Goodereader site.
    CrackBerry User

I have noticed reviews on a couple of apps go awol (I remember them clearly because they echoed my exact thoughts). They contained valid criticism, and shouldn't have been yanked. This completely undermines any and all trust in the review mechanism if such reviews can be selectively culled. Like an ebay rating system, it's the only thing prospective buyers can use to gauge a seller/developer, and keeps the seller on his toes to make sure nothing upsets a good track record.

It's a shame that trust in the system has been completely undermined like this. I agree that simple reviews like "this sucks" are as useful as "awesome, fantastic, OMG." (I have no problem with foul language filters though). And as a prospective buyer of an app, I learned to just ignore them. But if a valid criticisms are swept under the rug, then chances of me trusting glowing reviews are now nil. There are certain developers who will no longer get any more money from me, as I know they have removed valid criticisms. That's how I deal with it.
    Storm, playbook.

Default Is it possible for developers to remove negative reviews on app world?

Removing reviews does increase the star rating inside AppWorld.

I've removed reviews if I feel its warranted. I try to use common sense with it. But I also include refund instructions inside my applications and via email as soon as a complaint is received as well as support.

Its really a two stage problem. Developers can remove reviews they disagree with. But some developer remove reviews they don't like. The problem is its subjective.

What they should do, is gray out removed comments with a "Review removed". If you see an application with 30 of them... Well you know

Truth is, refund process is word of mouth and not clear to users. And people aren't worried about guys like me and Buzz. They are worried about those GPS On Device Canada and Digi-Media garbage type apps and being stuck with 20 dollars of junk. Developers can really abuse the system and dirty developers have higher reviews, more sales, and better treatment from RIM.

And no offense, I truly don't mind if Free apps delete reviews. All you need to do is remove it if you don't like it and move on (you get a refund on those apps at removal)

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123