With all of the negative posts from PB owners with growing fustration over lack of PB apps. App development takes time and PB has only been been released since mid-April. Here is a story of Scoremedia's experience:

Score Media sees RIM PlayBook opening doors for developers | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    Dapper37, esqlaw, narci and 1 others like this.
    07-11-11 02:17 PM
    Score Media's app is kick ***!

I love it.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-11-11 02:22 PM
    The ship is turning, the ship is turning!!
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-11-11 02:50 PM
    The Score Media app is awesome. I'm going to send them an e-mail requesting rugby be added.
    07-11-11 02:52 PM
    how about adding the UFC to that request..
    r0ck09 likes this.
    07-11-11 03:26 PM
    The Score Media app is awesome. I'm going to send them an e-mail requesting rugby be added.
    Rugby? That will start a scrum.
    07-11-11 03:27 PM
    I hope so! This looks like a strategic long-term move from RIM. This gives an incentive to develop for QNX in the future.

Developer thinking to himself:

"I want to write a new app."
    "I want to make the most money from my app."
    "I need to make it for more platforms if I want a larger audience."
    "It is not worth my time to write an app from scratch for each platform."
    "Plus, I only know how to code in a few languages."
    "If I write a QNX app first, I can repackage it more easily to other platforms like iOS, Android or Windows7."
    "I'm going to write a Playbook app"

And he writes the app in QNX, repackages it for other platforms.
    This means more equal access to apps for all platforms, but especially more for QNX.
    narci and esqlaw like this.
    07-11-11 03:53 PM
    Anything positive is very welcome. Thanks for posting.
    07-11-11 03:56 PM
    The ship is turning, the ship is turning!!
    One day the posters will realize that *they* are the ones turning the ship with an increase in enthusiasm and positivity and a reduction in whining and complaining.

The ship does not turn by itself. Full starboard mates!
    narci, BrokenSaint and Dapper37 like this.
    07-11-11 04:00 PM
    how about adding the UFC to that request..
    Go to the contact us link on their site and put in the request. I did.
    07-11-11 04:04 PM
    5 years down the line no matter what platform it is but developers will be mostly using web technologies like HTML 5/Javascript to build the applications. Even the most popular websites will be redone leveraging HTML5 to render properly on a mobile device needing no app. WebCL and WebGL though in it's infant stages may boost gaming through browser with needed hardware acceleration and access to other hardware modules. Matter of fact is that a desktop OS like Windows 8 is leveraging HTML 5 and Javascript for some of their native apps. I am glad that RIM is pushing in the right direction.
    Last edited by sf49ers; 07-11-11 at 04:25 PM.
    07-11-11 04:20 PM
    One day the posters will realize that *they* are the ones turning the ship with an increase in enthusiasm and positivity and a reduction in whining and complaining.

The ship does not turn by itself. Full starboard mates!
    they wont, people realize that this is a place for complaining and they bring down the whole ship. then the trolls and yes we have a few that lurk below deck, they just wait until someone leaves out just the tinniest bit of bait and then they swarm. btw whats with the nautical terms? why would we turn to the right whats wrong with port? ill just fish off the stern for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 04:20 PM
    iscurvy idogs
    07-11-11 04:47 PM
    btw whats with the nautical terms? why would we turn to the right whats wrong with port? ill just fish off the stern for now.

I don't know I didn't start the nautical stuff just added to it

I was actually having trouble deciding between port and starboard because its difficult to determine which way the Titanic was turning...apparently the terminology in 1912 meant turning the stern to starboard? In order to go to the left (port) around the iceberg the helm is ordered to starboard.

I got confused and just said starboard...lol

chiefbroski likes this.
    07-11-11 05:13 PM
    5 years down the line no matter what platform it is but developers will be mostly using web technologies like HTML 5/Javascript to build the applications. Even the most popular websites will be redone leveraging HTML5 to render properly on a mobile device needing no app. WebCL and WebGL though in it's infant stages may boost gaming through browser with needed hardware acceleration and access to other hardware modules. Matter of fact is that a desktop OS like Windows 8 is leveraging HTML 5 and Javascript for some of their native apps. I am glad that RIM is pushing in the right direction.
    Does that mean all we need to do is create an ICON bookmark on our desktop and viola?

Oh wait, you can already do that on the PB, even better.
    kevin.gardiner likes this.
    07-11-11 05:18 PM
    Yes. It used to refer to which side of the vessel one would push the tiller. "Hard to starboard" would mean pushing the tiller handle to the right to steer the vessel to the left (port).
    07-11-11 05:22 PM
    Yes. It used to refer to which side of the vessel one would push the tiller. "Hard to starboard" would mean pushing the tiller handle to the right to steer the vessel to the left (port).
    I wonder when that changed? (or did it?) After the Titanic went down?
    07-11-11 05:27 PM
    So the future seems like apps will generally be cross platform/device as long as the hardware is capable and the value of its synchronicity/integration with your other technology becomes tenfold more important. Playbook hardware is very capable, indeed "capabler". And my tablet can be used with my pc, my hd tv, my phone, and wifi internet.

Isn't this just what we've been saying the whole time?
    07-11-11 05:44 PM
    As a former Navy helmsman, "hard starboard" is a hard turn to the right. Starboard is on your right hand if you are facing the bow with the stern to your back. Port is on the other side.

07-11-11 06:00 PM
    Go to the contact us link on their site and put in the request. I did.
    Good idea, I got the time.
    07-12-11 10:04 AM
    Finally got around to reading the article.

I have always felt that RIM had a lot of long term tricks up it's sleeve with this tablet , including QNX, the phone integration, and a lot of cash to sit on.. so the short term fumble of Playbook's premature release can be absorbed easily when looking at the entire game. That's why I had no problem "risking" buying one because despite the bad reviews I never considered it a risk.

"Research In Motion Ltd. may have appeared to fumble the ball with the launch of its BlackBerry PlayBook, but in the long run, it may be the case that the BlackBerry maker has provided a crucial assist to developers with its new touchscreen tablet."
    07-12-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD