My native podcast app on my PB doesn't work very well. Everytime I check it, my subscriptions are outdated and there's no way of updating them. Or recent episodes aren't available for download yet..sometimes even after a few days for daily shows. I end up just using Podtrapper on my BB which seems to always be able to find episodes that are released the same day.

Anybody else finding the playbook podcast app pretty much useless?
    11-10-11 06:57 PM
    You're right, the PlayBook podcasting app is weak. I have emailed the developer of PodTrapper and he said he would write a PlayBook app once he got the PlayBook sdk.

I think it would be really nice if he could write a PlayBook version of the PodTrapper that could play files stored on the BB sdhc card.
    11-10-11 08:11 PM
    I too have emailed Marcus from Podtrapper asking him to make a PB app.
    tropicalmom likes this.
    11-11-11 08:04 AM
    Hello, haven't been here for more than a year and a half now. I switched to Android. And now I am back cause of the PB. My point is (after this experience): for most of the tasks you don't need an app anymore, there are browser versions for almost all of those. Anyway, back to the subject, do you guys know Stitcher? It's a podcasting app; you don't need any app, just play it in the browser. Streaming. All shows updated automatically.
    11-18-11 11:10 AM
    well my PB podcast app was working well for most channels i decided to subscribe to. but 2 months ago ot stopped updating its listing.

e.g. the crackberry podcast is not available anymore after episode #78. can't get #79 or #80 which i know are out there.

same for fantasy football espn,,,...

what is happening here. any idea if there is workaround
    12-18-11 07:26 AM
    same here... no response from rim on the issue...
    12-18-11 01:37 PM
    Yea, the podcast app on the playbook seems like a piece of crap. Even the crackberry podcast isn't updating. All of my subscribed podcasts don't show anything newer than October 2011. This is really lame..

Does anybody know if the podcast app works on their OS7 devices?
    12-18-11 02:18 PM
    1.0.x version IS crap.

2.0 version works nicely.

Well, you can go beta or wait till it is released. Or even better, go to beta zone and complain there where RIM actually can see.
    12-18-11 05:47 PM
    Is anybody else having this issue with their playbooks?
    12-24-11 07:21 PM
    yeah it really doesn't work well. ive been finding the podcasts and downloading them for their perspective websites.
    12-24-11 08:36 PM
    podtrapper would be a God send for the playbook!!!
    12-25-11 09:27 AM
    this is driving me crazy. i am 2 months behind in podcasts because of this.

Is it worth getting the dev beta of os 2 for the improved podcast app? And why can't they just update this one app without the os?
    01-04-12 06:22 PM
    One of my podcasts seems relatively updated but even crackberry is behind since october!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-12 11:23 PM
    Well I have to admit that I subscribe to podcasts via itunes on my PC and use the "itunes sync" app and therefore there is no problem with playing podcasts, for me, on the PB. I'm an intermittent user of podcasts and so not a major for me.

Quite understand if you want non manual updates that wouldn't be great for you!!
    01-19-12 03:14 AM
    A little off topic here, but I am having a problem with my podcats app for the PB. I went into it and it says the podcasts service is unavailable. And then a second window pops up saying that it is in offline mode and that I have to connect too wi-fi or tether. Any ideas?
    01-24-12 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD