Having tried (and failed) to try to get the android plex app (which I have paid for!!!) running on the playbook, I find they have released a web client using the myplex logi. Hmm I thought after trying it on my mac through safari and chrome, maybe this is a way to get Plex going on the PB.

Unfortunately this turned out not to be the case. Whilst being able to log into my server and see all the videos available, not a single one will play be ig mkv, avi, mp4, mpg.

Being a new PB owner I was wondering if any of the masterminds on here could shed some light as to why this may be.

Ta in advance
    clowrym likes this.
    09-02-12 05:59 PM
    Saddened by these news. I was hoping this would be a good work around for the lack of native app support. Alas...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-02-12 08:23 PM
    I have yet to see any response on the issue in the plex forums from any of the dev team...they just don't seem interested!! I Have tried everything I could think of in regards to getting the web client working, video types, browsers, different user agents, but all seem to end up with the same error!

Im no expert..... but it Looks like they use HLS and or JSplayer, Both of which I thought the PLaybook or its browser supported... Although now I am not so sure!!

This is very depressing for sure!!
    Last edited by clowrym; 09-04-12 at 10:21 AM.
    09-04-12 10:18 AM
    Not sure if anyone has tried today... But the web client is PLaying Movies since todays 2.1 update!! Streaming movies as we speak!!!!

THis is freeakin Awesome!!
    10-03-12 09:57 AM
    Not sure if anyone has tried today... But the web client is PLaying Movies since todays 2.1 update!! Streaming movies as we speak!!!!

THis is freeakin Awesome!!

how's the streaming quality? have you tried streaming over the net, not just local?
    10-03-12 02:06 PM
    Try playon instead of plex. I've given up on the whole xbmc plex thing on the playbook. If you're going to pay for the myplex anyways. Everything streams good and smooth if you have a good computer as the server..online content all works well with the 3rd party scripts.
    10-04-12 11:35 AM
    Try playon instead of plex. I've given up on the whole xbmc plex thing on the playbook. If you're going to pay for the myplex anyways. Everything streams good and smooth if you have a good computer as the server..online content all works well with the 3rd party scripts.
    Heh, I think Playon is the only thing left that I haven't tried! lol
    10-04-12 02:35 PM
    I find the audio quality is a little hit and miss on the web client... I had purchased the Android app a while back v2.0.3.3, which works excellent converted & sideloaded, not sure on the latest versions though... But im happy i have a plex solution for now!!
    10-05-12 11:03 AM
    can't say I have ever heard on Playon!!
    10-05-12 11:03 AM
    I'm just wondering about Playon as well... how do you use it on your PlayBook? I've got the Tablet TV app that has a great link to PlayOn, but is this the best way to use the service? I don't have PlayOn at the moment, but I'm looking for some good options going forward... I'm ditching cable completely in a couple weeks and want to get all my new ways of consuming media lined up beforehand. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
    10-05-12 11:22 AM
    I find the audio quality is a little hit and miss on the web client... I had purchased the Android app a while back v2.0.3.3, which works excellent converted & sideloaded, not sure on the latest versions though... But im happy i have a plex solution for now!!
    I converted version 2.2.1.8. (latest version) successfully but it wouldn't even load onto the Playbook.
    Have since converted and sideloaded 2.0.3.3. At least it runs.

How did you get it to work, though? It keeps telling me it has no network connectivity, when my WiFi is on and connected! lol
    Last edited by BennyX; 10-05-12 at 03:38 PM.
    10-05-12 02:10 PM
    Are you on your home network? I had that problem previously as myplex tries to use your external IP. I usually get "unable to find a valid route" error while in my house, but havent had a chance to play around with it yet. No issues over bridge, or at work or at a wifi hotspot though, runs flawlessly. Make sure to check HLS support
    10-05-12 04:51 PM
    yup I'm on a home network. I made sure to set up port forwarding on my router, just in case. I had HLS support on too. I even put my PC in the DMZ on my router briefly to see if it was the problem, but it didn't help. Heck I run the app and it doesn't even let me sign in to MyPlex... says it has no network connectivity, which isn't true at all. I also get the 'unable to find a valid route' error as well.

This is strange.. any other streaming solution I've tried has worked, so I don't know what's going on.
    Have you tried outside your home network? I only have issues on the same network as my server. Being on Telus home Internet, they block any request that comes from my location and directed back at my location... If you know what I mean... So while here MyPlex won't connect, so I typically use my internal ip for connections. Might have to set a proxy of some type...
    10-05-12 08:52 PM
    Have you tried outside your home network? I only have issues on the same network as my server. Being on Telus home Internet, they block any request that comes from my location and directed back at my location... If you know what I mean... So while here MyPlex won't connect, so I typically use my internal ip for connections. Might have to set a proxy of some type...

Yeah I'm pretty much giving up at this point... the Android app won't even let me sign into myPlex, which tells me something is wrong from the start, because I'm able to remote access into my PC and browse the web, both with other Android apps.. I briefly tried going thru a VPN but that solves nothing and probably makes things even worse because then my server's IP is unknown to the Plex server.

The Plex app says it can see my Plex server, but won't allow me access even with the right name & password. The Plex server on my PC gives me my router's IP instead of the PC's IP like other streaming solutions have no problem doing (but they don't stream over the net), so I think i'll just throw my hands up in the air at this point, lol.
    10-05-12 10:36 PM
    Have you set port forwarding for 32400? I had to set the port manually in the.media server, and also on my router for MyPlex.to be able to connect properly.
    10-06-12 11:19 AM
    Have you set port forwarding for 32400? I had to set the port manually in the.media server, and also on my router for MyPlex.to be able to connect properly.
    Yup, I tried that.. I suspect if I were able to sign into myPlex with the Android app, I would be able to connect to my server. Trying to connect manually to the server does not work for me. But when I try to sign in I get the 'no network connection' error. At this point I believe it is a problem with the app itself and not the hardware. Possibly the 2.1 OS update broke the app in some way, or it could be that it simply won't work unless its thru bridge or on an outside network.
    10-06-12 04:37 PM
    it is very odd for sure.... Ive put it on all three playbooks now, with no issues
    10-07-12 10:36 PM
    Stop using web client:

Look here: Plex for Blackberry Playbook

For more info regarding android app
    10-09-12 09:38 PM
    Its not out yet, so no, dont stop using the web client or you wont see any videos. Besides, this is still a transcoding solution (same as all the others).
    10-10-12 12:52 PM
    Its not out yet, so no, dont stop using the web client or you wont see any videos. Besides, this is still a transcoding solution (same as all the others).
    Have your tried the android app on your PB yet?
    10-11-12 09:41 AM
    The latest Plex works fine on the PlayBook (and Dev Alpha) with the right settings:

Twitter / Bla1ze: Hi Plex. - http://t.co/S6ykl2eP
    Twitter / Bla1ze: http://t.co/4XnYdGYQ
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    10-12-12 04:31 AM
    The latest Plex works fine on the PlayBook (and Dev Alpha) with the right settings:

Twitter / Bla1ze: Hi Plex. - http://t.co/S6ykl2eP
    Twitter / Bla1ze: http://t.co/4XnYdGYQ
    I havent been able to get the latest working,seems to crash about 20 seconds after opening it...... But one of the previous builds works perfectly for me!!
    10-12-12 10:20 AM
    Just noticed they released a new version yesterday!
    10-12-12 10:30 AM
    Web client works great, but I am unable to set to full screen for some reason...
    10-12-12 04:25 PM
    @Nigel
    do you have any audio issues?
    10-12-12 05:25 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD