Sometimes choppy, but lowering the data rate seems to correct on the higher res stuff. I haven't done extensive testing. Mostly proof that it works. I would like to test the newer version of the converted android app now....
    10-12-12 05:28 PM
    OK I'm using the newest Plex client (2.2.2.2. for Android) along with the newest Plex Media Server for Windows.
    I run the client on the Playbook, it keeps telling me 'No Network Available!' and says I must connect to a network to use Plex.

The problem is that I am indeed connected to the Internet. The browser works just fine. I can also use ES File Explorer (another Android app) to access my PC's files.

So I don't know why Plex is giving me such problems, but it doesn't seem to matter what versions I use, the problem remains.. it thinks I have no connection.
    Last edited by BennyX; 10-20-12 at 07:10 AM.
    10-20-12 06:55 AM
    OK I'm using the newest Plex client (2.2.2.2. for Android) along with the newest Plex Media Server for Windows.
    I run the client on the Playbook, it keeps telling me 'No Network Available!' and says I must connect to a network to use Plex.

The problem is that I am indeed connected to the Internet. The browser works just fine. I can also use ES File Explorer (another Android app) to access my PC's files.

So I don't know why Plex is giving me such problems, but it doesn't seem to matter what versions I use, the problem remains.. it thinks I have no connection.
    This is very odd.... might wanna try a wipe & start from scratch, i have used most of the beta OS's and side loaded a number of apps....noticed a few of them caused issues with other android apps.... one of them for me was es file explorer, this made my playbook almost un-usable, although every post i read about it everyone seemed happy..... I had also added ICS & HC at one point. Once I removed ES file explorer, my unusable playbook issues went away. With ICS & HC launchers, once installed Google maps quite working(and a few others...), with these i had to do a re-install of the OS to get it working again!!

I have loaded plex(2.1.1.3) on my wife's, mine(plex 2.2.2.2) and a friends(plex 2.1.1.3) and all seem to work excellent, wether it be home wifi, bridged etc.
    10-21-12 02:58 PM
    This is very odd.... might wanna try a wipe & start from scratch, i have used most of the beta OS's and side loaded a number of apps....noticed a few of them caused issues with other android apps.... one of them for me was es file explorer, this made my playbook almost un-usable, although every post i read about it everyone seemed happy..... I had also added ICS & HC at one point. Once I removed ES file explorer, my unusable playbook issues went away. With ICS & HC launchers, once installed Google maps quite working(and a few others...), with these i had to do a re-install of the OS to get it working again!!

I have loaded plex(2.1.1.3) on my wife's, mine(plex 2.2.2.2) and a friends(plex 2.1.1.3) and all seem to work excellent, wether it be home wifi, bridged etc.

If I have to do a wipe and start fresh just so Plex is usable, I'll probably not bother.. it was more of a curiousity for me anyhow.. I almost never take the Playbook outside my home (and beyond the range of my wireless router) so I can just use alternative streamers that I know work perfectly fine already.

If Plex streams well *over the internet* (not using the Web client) and the quality is good (better than Orb, say) then I might be compelled to give it another try!
    10-22-12 11:49 AM
    Where are you getting the Plex client from? Do you have to purchase from Google Play and then side load / convert to load on Playbook?
    10-22-12 01:08 PM
    Where are you getting the Plex client from? Do you have to purchase from Google Play and then side load / convert to load on Playbook?
    Thats what I did...I'm kind of Leary getting it from other places
    10-22-12 04:54 PM
    Plex for the PlayBook is finally here go to the app store to download:

Dont forget to enable HLS Transcoding ENJOY!!
    Attached Thumbnails Plex Web client-img_00000201.jpg  
    11-19-12 03:39 PM
    What is the difference to Kalemsoft Media Player?
    11-19-12 05:25 PM
    Anyone successful with Netflix? I can browse but streaming crashes Plex.
    11-19-12 08:33 PM
    Go to settings and enable HLS.

Why does it come up with an unexpected error notification every time I start the app? It works anyway.
    11-19-12 08:37 PM
    Anyone able to get hulu plugin to work? Not working for me... I've tried everything. Crackle works, but no hulu :-(
    11-20-12 01:02 AM
    Downloaded Plex from app world and the required pc software but no playback. hopefully i can resolve it in the next day or 2 but no impressed with this so far. netflix is only available for US customers.
    11-20-12 12:44 PM
    No fuss here.

Downloaded the PLEX media server, and the PLEX app for PlayBook. Ran through the media player setup wizard & set "HLS" to enabled on the PlayBook app... working in ~5 minutes. AWESOME app.
    11-20-12 03:15 PM
    Works fine, but i can't get Apple Trailers to stream anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-20-12 04:31 PM
    If the App developer reads this, please note: the app is only available in the US store.

Please release to the rest of the markets.
    Long time Plex fan, would appreciate to test it on my PlayBook.

Screen when I look for app:

Screen when I click on crackberry's link in the front page article:
    11-21-12 01:25 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD