Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #626  

I'm in the process of trying it out on a Dev Alpha. Let me know if you want to test it out. No new features have been added yet, just resized. My current plan is to do a larger update in time for BB10 release to try and incorporate some new features. I've been swamped with other things the last few months. Same goes for Mupen64, it's mostly running now on a Dev Alpha but needs a bit more work to get it to where PlayBook was.
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

For more info on my current or future projects:
    CatalystG's Projects
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2AB660D0

I'm game, Catalystg. I love both emulators, but on PCSX-ReARMed-PB 1.0.1.5, The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne would not advance to the end of the stage, and froze between cut scenes. Mupen64 PB crashes no matter what you throw at it, but I think that is a result of OS2.1. If you need a tester, sign me up.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Hey guys I just downloaded FF7 which was split into 3 files. After extracting I am now left with 3 .bin and 3.cue files, however I can't figure for the life of me how to join them so that the game will work. HJSplit doesn't recognize the files and 7 zip just gives me errors. How did you guys manage to join split files? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2241312C, 502FD799, 50201199, 29A67E61

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoh13 View Post
    Hey guys I just downloaded FF7 which was split into 3 files. After extracting I am now left with 3 .bin and 3.cue files, however I can't figure for the life of me how to join them so that the game will work. HJSplit doesn't recognize the files and 7 zip just gives me errors. How did you guys manage to join split files? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    It's 3 different disc's you don't join them together
    - Hashashin Jay posting from Soundwave, my 64gb Playbook (thanks Crackberry Forum members!)
    "You may have forgot me, but I didn't forget you" - Sinister 6000 (aka Kool Keith)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Hmm, so I just copy the files as they are? I'll try that now. So the emulator will switch between disc 1 and disc 2 automatically even though the files are separate?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Ok, so I just copied the files. Here's what it looks like: http://i47.tinypic.com/14e6qa8.png

I started the emulator and selected the FF7 disc 1 .cue file, however nothing happens.

EDIT - I ended up managing to join the files and now it works. I had to add .001, 002 and 003 at the end of the 3 .bin files so that HJSplitter would recognize and join them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Ok, so I just copied the files. Here's what it looks like: http://i47.tinypic.com/14e6qa8.png

I started the emulator and selected the FF7 disc 1 .cue file, however nothing happens.

EDIT - I ended up managing to join the files and now it works. I had to add .001, 002 and 003 at the end of the 3 .bin files so that HJSplitter would recognize and join them.
    So you only have disc 1 of the game then, I would think, considering it is a 3 disc game. In game disc switching is not currently possible, I believe, and only games that save between disc changes will allow you to continue, unless you put the memory card on your computer and get through the disc change to a point where you can save on the next disc.
    - Hashashin Jay posting from Soundwave, my 64gb Playbook (thanks Crackberry Forum members!)
    "You may have forgot me, but I didn't forget you" - Sinister 6000 (aka Kool Keith)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Joining the files is the only way I've managed to make it work. Can someone who's installed multi-disc games please pitch in?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I have multi disc games, they are separate .bins and .cues for each disc which is why I am confused as to why your .bins had to be joined unless it's because they were one disc that had been split up into 3 files, which would mean you still need the other two disc's. I just haven't gotten to the end of the first disc of any of my games but what I am telling you about multiple disc games is what I have read from this very thread and you would already know if you had read through it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I used the search function using keywords such as join, split and multi disc and I didn't find any answers to my question, that's why I posted.

So for multi disc games did you just copy/paste the files that you downloaded in their original form? Because that hasn't worked for me Only joining them has but now I'm worried that once I complete disc 1 I won't be able to carry on...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

If you open the .cue and the .bin that it points to is not exactly the same as the name of the .bin file including the case of the letters, then loading the cue won't work. You can change the .bin file it points to to match the .bin file you have and it should work, or just put the .bin without the .cue into your iso folder on your PlayBook and it should work. Though I have noticed several of my .bin files wouldn't work unless I also had the bios file in the bios folder
    Thanked by:
    Ekoh13 (12-01-2012) 
    Ekoh13 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

You sir are a lifesaver! I deleted the cue files and it now works. The best part is that I can still load my save game from playing with the joint version. Thanks!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

You sir are a lifesaver! I deleted the cue files and it now works. The best part is that I can still load my save game from playing with the joint version. Thanks!!
    Welcome. Any time, and enjoy!
    CrackBerry Newbie

So I just got a playbook, and I've been wanting to play FFVII on it. I downloaded PCSX, and I've been trying to load it onto the tablet using DDPB, which I've never used before. Whenever I put in my tablet's ip address and password, click connect, and I get an error that says "Error: Unknown argument that". Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts

Default Re: PlayStation Emulator for PlayBook: PCSX-ReARMed-PB

Quote Originally Posted by FakeLawyer View Post
    So I just got a playbook, and I've been wanting to play FFVII on it. I downloaded PCSX, and I've been trying to load it onto the tablet using DDPB, which I've never used before. Whenever I put in my tablet's ip address and password, click connect, and I get an error that says "Error: Unknown argument that". Any ideas?
    in the android sideloading subthread within the playbook apps and games forum there's a stickie about how to sideload. basicaly you have to put your pb in developer mode. it helps to search the forums.
    all over, answers are. search you must.
    Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288428de

guys where do i get the games to play on the emulator? please and thanks
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceyhielo View Post
    guys where do i get the games to play on the emulator? please and thanks
    google "play station roms"
    CrackBerry User

Bless you my friend, bless you. Final fantasy tactics now on the go,will test along and report if I find anything wrong. Crash bandicoot and chrono cross here I come!

Off topic but I wonder why is it the a PlayStation 2 emulator isn't available for portable stuff. Is it a lot harder?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, I am having problems with Diablo... I have it on an .img file and obviously it only shows the run through of the intro video and i cant do anything.. Where else can I find it or what should I do? Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaGamer92 View Post
    Hi, I am having problems with Diablo... I have it on an .img file and obviously it only shows the run through of the intro video and i cant do anything.. Where else can I find it or what should I do? Thanks.
    Usually .img comes with a .ccd file and a .sub file you might need those
    CrackBerry User

has anyone tried this with 2.1.0.1314 , any problems? using the current version
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts

I serioisly doubt there'd be issues since .1314 is basically bug fixes with no major new features. Now if the update was to say 2.2 then we'd have to see.
    CrackBerry User

still running fine after the update
    CrackBerry Newbie

all I have is the .Sub file and 2 .img files.. no .ccd file...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Has anyone gotten Breath of Fire 3 to work? I've tried 2 sources (including ripping the image off my own copy of the game) and whenever I try to start the game, it crashes right on startup. Ripped off my disc was a bin and a cue file and I had both loaded onto the playbook. The other source had two bin files (labeled "track 1" and "track 2" and a single cue) and I've tried running the game with either file (both are loaded onto the playbook, it's just a matter of which I select when I load PCSX) and nothing works.

and I know these aren't necessarily bad rom dumps. I can get both to work on my computer using epsxe.

any ideas?

thanks.