Have you tried the audio fix Page 3? Fixed all audio issues for me
    05-03-12 07:04 AM
    Thanks all. Glad people are enjoying it. I've been playing FF8 a ton lately. It's the reason I ported it :P

I don't have a cable at the moment to test. I would think this doesn't need to be handled at the app level. In settings, is HDMI audio enabled? If I can get my hands on a cable I'll give it a try.
    Gave it a try last night. I'm seeing the same thing. I'll add it to the TO DO list of things to look at eventually.

Silent Hill and Pro Evolution Soccer 2 work well, but they don't have sound on cinematics (intro or videos). Is it normal? With Final Fantasy VII i don't have this problem.
    As mentioned, try changing the audio cfg settings as mentioned in the Troubleshooting sections of the first post.

Cool!
    05-03-12 08:38 AM
    Does anyone have any idea why Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are lagging on my playbook? I've tried multiple FF roms but they all lag ( mostly during battle ) and its not enjoyable.. Suggestions anyone?

Edit: No other tabs/applications open and my Free memory is at 530 MB while running Final fantasy 7/8
    Last edited by Metalheadz86; 05-03-12 at 11:41 AM.
    05-03-12 11:36 AM
    anyone tried to play Casper?
    The game freezes when I try to go to the far left door on new game
    05-03-12 11:51 AM
    I've read through the posts and I've seen multiple people say that Final Fantasy Tactics works "flawlessly" for them. I, however, cannot seem to get the save function to work. When I go to save the game in Tactics, it either says that the memory card is corrupted and I cannot save, or the "checking memory card" popup in the game flashes indefinitely. I just played final fantasy 8 and it saved without any problems, and I've also tried saving using img, iso, and bin/cue files to no avail. Anyone else get FFT to work, or have seen this problem before?
    05-03-12 12:13 PM
    Final Fantasy 9 is too addictive. Never did finish it back in the day. Having so much fun with it now, so glad I decided to play it again. Most definitely up there with the best Final Fantasy's ....FF6,7 & tactics

'How bloody awesome is 'Vivi'. Such a great character.
    kinmui likes this.
    05-03-12 12:29 PM
    Tremendous work. It's funny I just recently got my copy of ff9 back from a buddy who I lent it to... close to 10 years ago. My ps3 isn't backwards compatible so I was contemplating picking up the psn classic version but I was wary of how it'd look on the big screen. I feel like the playbook screen is a good size and it controls relatively well once you get used to it.

I only wish I had as much time on my hands to play it as I did back then.
    05-03-12 12:37 PM
    Have you tried the audio fix Page 3? Fixed all audio issues for me
    Have tried the toubleshoot and have cfg file xa=0 and cdda=0 and also plays fine through speakers. That's why i'm thinking it could be bluetooth streaming issue? Anyone confirm that?
    05-03-12 12:40 PM
    So I got file browser for the PB, so I can download game files straight to my playbook and hopefully not need an actual computer to load the games from. However, I can't unzip the file to get the bin and cue! The format is .7z, but I guess file browser doesn't support that zip format, or???

Anyone else have trouble with this? Or should I just look for a website that doesn't compress the files? :/
    So wait, are you implying that you CAN download files directly onto the playbook as appose to transferring them connected to a pc?? cause you could not do this before with the other emulators.
    05-03-12 12:46 PM
    Tremendous work. It's funny I just recently got my copy of ff9 back from a buddy who I lent it to... close to 10 years ago. My ps3 isn't backwards compatible so I was contemplating picking up the psn classic version but I was wary of how it'd look on the big screen. I feel like the playbook screen is a good size and it controls relatively well once you get used to it.

I should have no time on my hands either. I'm playing it at work . Haven't been fired yet though so it's all good..... for now anyway.

(I thought all PS3's were backwards compatible with PS1 games. Just not PS2)
    Your right though. Unfortunately the pre-rendered backgrounds don't look so nice on new Televisions
    05-03-12 12:57 PM
    So wait, are you implying that you CAN download files directly onto the playbook as appose to transferring them connected to a pc?? cause you could not do this before with the other emulators.
    If you have a file manager that can copy the file uncompressed from Downloads to shared/misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/iso, then it'll work.
    Last edited by Catalystg; 05-03-12 at 01:06 PM.
    05-03-12 12:59 PM
    I figured I'd add: for those of you who wanted to try Final Fantasy but didn't like 7, my favorite FF is 8 - definitely worth trying. The gameplay, story, etc are all very different from 7. Also Tactics is a completely different genre of game compared to other FF's, and that is my favorite game of all time (played completely through about 20 times).

And speaking of FF8, there is a game on app world called "Ace Triad" that mimics the mini game Triple Triad from FF8, and also has a story mode too.
    05-03-12 01:07 PM
    If you have a file manager that can copy the file uncompressed from Downloads to shared/misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/iso, then it'll work.
    does this also apply to the other emulators? I currently use air browser file manager.
    05-03-12 01:57 PM

All PS3's are backwards compatible with PS1 games.
    05-03-12 02:02 PM
    Must have confused that with ps2 then (I have a slim). Although I still would have been wary of playing it on the large screen.
    05-03-12 02:43 PM
    Ive been able to get downloaded saves to work, what Id like to know is how the memory cards in the mem card folder work, for example is there anyway to combine different downloaded saves to one memcard file? or is it possible to swap memory cards through the emulator?
    I've posted aborted with instructions a couple pages back
    05-03-12 07:22 PM
    Catalystg can u also inform jtorack about the hdmi audio issue as he has access to froggyface's github an i checked and it's happening with all emus maybe something in the cfg? I don't know although I did post about this along time ago it stopped working in one of froggyface earlier realeses of fceux

P.S. I haven't checked the new gb emu released today
    05-03-12 07:25 PM
    They all have the issue. Its not just emulators. Angry birds space has the same issue.
    05-03-12 07:43 PM
    So what do u think the problems is cuz keyboard taps and videos sync perfectly
    05-03-12 07:47 PM
    And I know the first version of feud that I downloaded I plugged in via hdmi and contra sound worked great
    05-03-12 07:48 PM
    Just sideloaded this and couldn't get it running.

The app crashes whenever I launch it. I'm on OS 2.0.0.4869
    05-03-12 11:18 PM
    Just sideloaded this and couldn't get it running.

The app crashes whenever I launch it. I'm on OS 2.0.0.4869
    yeah i have that problem as well but on 2.0.1..358
    Last edited by aparsonsuk; 05-04-12 at 04:42 AM.
    05-04-12 03:36 AM
    My problems: All games used cue and bin files do not work (nothing happen when I open the game), but games with cue and iso or img files run smoothly.
    My current OS: 2.0.1.358

Please help!
    Many thanks
    05-04-12 10:01 AM
    My problems: All games used cue and bin files do not work (nothing happen when I open the game), but games with cue and iso or img files run smoothly.
    Try editing the cue file with notepad and verify that the file name:
    1) matches the location of your .bin file, and
    2) is specified in correct case

Iso files don't need cue files as far as I know.
    05-04-12 10:06 AM
    none of the games I have downloaded have CUE files , just BIN files.
    Yet not all games play. anyone got a theory on this ?

also , OP ..when will the update with the NEW controls come along ? Hard to perform some moves with the set-up now. Looking forward to that update you talked about with the L1/L2 and R1/R2 buttons closer to the d-pad
    05-05-12 10:17 AM
720 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD