PlayStation Emulator for PlayBook: PCSX-ReARMed-PB
**UPDATE: May 30th, 2013**
New PlayStation emulator has been released for PlayBook as a part of RetroArch. It combines a TON of emulators into one app. Go take a look. I'm shifting my support to that in the future.
RetroArch Blackberry 0.9.9 - Multi-system game/emulator system
**Update May 27th, 2012**
I've released a new version with only some minor changes. Please see the change log and updated download link below.
I'm happy to announce the release of a PlayStation emulator for the PlayBook, PCSX-ReARMed-PB.
Current Version: 184.108.40.206
Released: May 27th 2012
Download Link: PCSX-ReARMed-PB
- The R/L buttons have been moved closer to the dpad and buttons for easier use.
- You can now completely modify the controls if you wish. To do this, you can add your own controls.xml to misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/cfg. I would recommend you grab my controls.xml from github and make your edits based off that. TCO control information and xml layout can be seen at the source links below.
- Removed in-game pause on minimize, and replaced it with fully pausing the emulator to reduce battery drain.
- Fixed some issues with iso picker.
- Added some more error checking to see if it resolves some issues being seen.
- Added logging to help debug further issues. They can be found at misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/log
Display isn't locked to landscape when opened while in portrait.
Games that don't save before disc switches can't progress any further.
Download the bar from above. Side load it using your favorite tool.
*Disclaimer: We will not help obtaining games or any other files. Search elsewhere.
- To create the necessary folder structure, first run PCSX-PB without adding anything.
- You should be shown an empty dialog box.
- Press "Cancel" and the application will exit.
- Next, connect your PlayBook to your computer or enable wireless sharing.
- Open "My Computer" and select the BlackBerry network drive.
- Navigate to misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/iso/ and copy your legally obtained games here.
- For highest compatibility, use .bin and .cue files for a game. ECM version of .bin/.cue will not work.
- The bin and cue must have the same base name (ie. file 1.bin, file 1.cue). Spaces should not be an issue.
- If you rename the bin or cue file, you MUST open the .cue for edit, and rename which .bin it points to.
- If you still have issues, open the cue in notepad, and ensure the capitalization of the .bin filename is the same as the actual bin.
- Optional but highly recommended for maximum compatibility:
- Copy a PlayStation BIOS to misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/bios then ensure the misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/cfg/pcsx.cfg "bios=" entry has the correct case sensitive file name.
Launch PCSX-PB, pick your game and enjoy! To switch games, perform a swipe down gesture and pick another game. For Multidisk games, they will always prompt to save. Do so, perform the swipe down, pick disk 2 then load your save.
- Ensure you've read, abide by and completely understand the above section.
- Games can take up to 15-20 seconds to load, be patient.
- Try deleting the cue file and running the bin directly. If this work, the issue is with the contents of the cue. It is not pointing to your bin file correctly. Open the cue and edit it so the bin name exactly matches your bin.
- If one game has issues, try a more popular game or another image of the same game.
- If audio is having issues, set "xa=0" and "cdda=0" in misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/cfg/pcsx.cfg.
- If you continue to have issues, you can submit a bug report to me. I will outline what must be included. If something is missing I will not look into it. Simply saying it doesn't work will not help.
Email to: catalystgdev at gmail.com
Subject: PCSX-ReARMed-PB Bug Report
Attach: misc/pcsx-rearmed-pb/log from PlayBook after reproducing the issue.
- Playbook OS version.
- Description of what happens, in enough detail I can try to reproduce.
- Games you've tried.
- bin and cue name which causes the problem, if applicable.
- Anything else that may be of use.
PCSX-ReARMed source: notaz.gp2x.de Git - pcsx_rearmed.git/summary
PCSX-ReARMed-PB Source: https://github.com/CatalystG/PCSX-reARMed-PB
Touch Control Overlay: https://github.com/blackberry/TouchControlOverlay
notaz (http://notaz.gp2x.de): Big thanks for providing the original emulator as well as helping resolve issues with the port.
Jtokarchuk(https://jtdev.blogspot.ca): Adding features, testing and providing the icon and splash.
If you enjoyed the emulator and wish to donate, you can do so here: Donate
For more info, or to track my future projects you can do so here:
As usual, we are not responsible for any damage or bad things that may come of using this.
Last edited by Catalystg; 05-30-2013 at 08:22 AM.Thanked by 117:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
4NCIENTek (06-22-2012), 9of13 (05-17-2012), A7omic (04-25-2012), ambarmetta (04-24-2012), anhstar2007 (04-25-2012), Astreon (04-25-2012), b1tman1ac (05-17-2012), balding1 (04-27-2012), bastospn (07-09-2012), Bilaal (12-13-2012), Boa2674 (06-23-2012), bonghitter (01-19-2013), brad1986 (04-25-2012), brian4591 (04-25-2012), bundyo (04-25-2012), ChK1lZ (05-05-2012), cvirata (04-25-2012), danfrancisco (04-26-2012), DAnklaud (04-25-2012), dennie82 (04-25-2012), Dillbert71 (04-25-2012), Dim-Ize (04-25-2012), dragonx6 (04-24-2012), Eakle (04-27-2012), ekafara (04-25-2012), Endoflow (04-26-2012), eorian (04-29-2012), esqlaw (06-02-2012), exelion_04 (04-30-2012), f0xx386 (06-20-2012), f1mx (04-26-2012), fbloise (04-25-2012), Frore (04-25-2012), Fubaz (04-25-2012), funkysquid (04-25-2012), Fussolia (04-27-2012), Sir Miyav (05-27-2012), goodtastingsteak (04-30-2012), gord888 (08-11-2012), hsianloon (12-18-2012), ianken2011 (04-26-2012), ibrahim011 (04-24-2012), ippyg (04-27-2012), iSin (04-25-2012), jamesjmunro (04-25-2012), jedibeeftrix (05-03-2012), jiatern (04-25-2012), jonasbeaver (05-25-2012), joooei (06-03-2012), joshcmf (04-24-2012), jtokarchuk (04-24-2012), Judge Dredd (06-28-2012), kaymre (04-29-2012), KermEd (04-24-2012), kinmui (04-25-2012), kuleke (04-25-2012), l3lueberry (04-26-2012), let_it_go7 (04-25-2012), llllBULLSEYE (04-24-2012), locbatuoc (04-28-2012), lonnieo (04-25-2012), loreburne (04-27-2012), Marbeef (04-25-2012), matthewgreyling (05-11-2012), Mecca EL (04-25-2012), millwright40 (04-28-2012), misskalunji (04-30-2012), moogentro (03-29-2013), morlock_man (04-28-2012), nazreil25 (04-30-2012), NdBlu14 (04-26-2012), niteshtak (04-28-2012), offthahorseceo (04-25-2012), OniBerry (04-25-2012), ordigas (04-26-2012), PanaSama (04-25-2012), peter_betos (04-25-2012), PiotrJot (04-26-2012), playstation999 (05-10-2012), powderbanks (05-30-2012), pyrus (04-26-2012), qwang (04-28-2012), rayme_san (05-05-2012), Razuddin (06-23-2012), rjkolo (04-25-2012), romuo_2007 (08-12-2012), ruiner666 (04-25-2012), Rypac1502 (04-25-2012), Cpt.GargameL (04-24-2012), seking (07-10-2012), sf49ers (04-27-2012), shabbyorange101 (05-18-2012), si001 (04-30-2012), simissuvicky17 (04-25-2012), simplytuff (04-27-2012), Snake785 (04-26-2012), SSc129 (04-25-2012), sushistew (04-25-2012), suspect89 (04-27-2012), Sypher_Kon (05-07-2012), techdutta (01-21-2013), ThaSwapMeetPimp (09-06-2012), thewison (05-09-2012), UrbanGlowCam (04-24-2012), v1rg1l (04-27-2012), Viktor Boskovic (04-28-2012), westcoaststyle (04-24-2012), WestCruX (05-10-2012), wlee88 (04-25-2012), worldwarj (07-10-2012), wpgteacher (04-26-2012), Wretch 12 (04-25-2012), xindy (04-25-2012), xxxmerlinxxx (04-25-2012), zee921 (04-25-2012), _Reni_ (05-08-2012)
- 04-24-2012, 08:41 PM #2
Great job Catalyst!
- 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM #8
- 04-24-2012, 09:14 PM #10
You just need SCPH1001.BIN in the BIOS folder.
- 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM #11
Wow Just Wow this is bigger news then AB Space.
- 04-24-2012, 09:56 PM #15
What type of iso file are you using? (.bin/cue?)
Do you have the BIOS in the folder? Named SCPH1001.BIN ? (caps)
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-24-2012, 10:04 PM #17
- 189 Posts
tytyttyty so much i mentioned in the emulator thread to about bluetooth controlers and
jtokarchuk and some other ppl told me they wernt compatibale anyone know why we cant use dualschocks or wiimotes or is this another one of rims "security issues" seeing as they are very concerned about these at all times
- 04-24-2012, 10:09 PM #20
Just finished playing the first Mission of Metal Gear Solid
good job controls are great hehehe I forgot how weak
PSX graphics are compared to PS3 still love these old games
cant wait to load up Tenchu Stealth Assassin.
Not sleeping tonight thanks
- 04-24-2012, 10:15 PM #21