I'm in the process of trying it out on a Dev Alpha. Let me know if you want to test it out. No new features have been added yet, just resized. My current plan is to do a larger update in time for BB10 release to try and incorporate some new features. I've been swamped with other things the last few months. Same goes for Mupen64, it's mostly running now on a Dev Alpha but needs a bit more work to get it to where PlayBook was.
    11-22-12 02:05 PM
    I'm game, Catalystg. I love both emulators, but on PCSX-ReARMed-PB 1.0.1.5, The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne would not advance to the end of the stage, and froze between cut scenes. Mupen64 PB crashes no matter what you throw at it, but I think that is a result of OS2.1. If you need a tester, sign me up.
    11-30-12 04:44 PM
    Hey guys I just downloaded FF7 which was split into 3 files. After extracting I am now left with 3 .bin and 3.cue files, however I can't figure for the life of me how to join them so that the game will work. HJSplit doesn't recognize the files and 7 zip just gives me errors. How did you guys manage to join split files? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    12-01-12 12:42 AM
    Hey guys I just downloaded FF7 which was split into 3 files. After extracting I am now left with 3 .bin and 3.cue files, however I can't figure for the life of me how to join them so that the game will work. HJSplit doesn't recognize the files and 7 zip just gives me errors. How did you guys manage to join split files? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    It's 3 different disc's you don't join them together
    12-01-12 01:03 AM
    Hmm, so I just copy the files as they are? I'll try that now. So the emulator will switch between disc 1 and disc 2 automatically even though the files are separate?
    12-01-12 01:05 AM
    Ok, so I just copied the files. Here's what it looks like: http://i47.tinypic.com/14e6qa8.png

I started the emulator and selected the FF7 disc 1 .cue file, however nothing happens.

EDIT - I ended up managing to join the files and now it works. I had to add .001, 002 and 003 at the end of the 3 .bin files so that HJSplitter would recognize and join them.
    12-01-12 01:16 AM
    Ok, so I just copied the files. Here's what it looks like: http://i47.tinypic.com/14e6qa8.png

I started the emulator and selected the FF7 disc 1 .cue file, however nothing happens.

EDIT - I ended up managing to join the files and now it works. I had to add .001, 002 and 003 at the end of the 3 .bin files so that HJSplitter would recognize and join them.
    So you only have disc 1 of the game then, I would think, considering it is a 3 disc game. In game disc switching is not currently possible, I believe, and only games that save between disc changes will allow you to continue, unless you put the memory card on your computer and get through the disc change to a point where you can save on the next disc.
    12-01-12 01:42 AM
    Joining the files is the only way I've managed to make it work. Can someone who's installed multi-disc games please pitch in?
    12-01-12 03:18 AM
    I have multi disc games, they are separate .bins and .cues for each disc which is why I am confused as to why your .bins had to be joined unless it's because they were one disc that had been split up into 3 files, which would mean you still need the other two disc's. I just haven't gotten to the end of the first disc of any of my games but what I am telling you about multiple disc games is what I have read from this very thread and you would already know if you had read through it
    12-01-12 03:34 AM
    I used the search function using keywords such as join, split and multi disc and I didn't find any answers to my question, that's why I posted.

So for multi disc games did you just copy/paste the files that you downloaded in their original form? Because that hasn't worked for me Only joining them has but now I'm worried that once I complete disc 1 I won't be able to carry on...
    12-01-12 03:40 AM
    If you open the .cue and the .bin that it points to is not exactly the same as the name of the .bin file including the case of the letters, then loading the cue won't work. You can change the .bin file it points to to match the .bin file you have and it should work, or just put the .bin without the .cue into your iso folder on your PlayBook and it should work. Though I have noticed several of my .bin files wouldn't work unless I also had the bios file in the bios folder
    Ekoh13 likes this.
    12-01-12 03:57 AM
    You sir are a lifesaver! I deleted the cue files and it now works. The best part is that I can still load my save game from playing with the joint version. Thanks!!
    12-01-12 04:11 AM
    You sir are a lifesaver! I deleted the cue files and it now works. The best part is that I can still load my save game from playing with the joint version. Thanks!!
    Welcome. Any time, and enjoy!
    12-01-12 06:33 AM
    So I just got a playbook, and I've been wanting to play FFVII on it. I downloaded PCSX, and I've been trying to load it onto the tablet using DDPB, which I've never used before. Whenever I put in my tablet's ip address and password, click connect, and I get an error that says "Error: Unknown argument that". Any ideas?
    12-13-12 11:28 AM
    So I just got a playbook, and I've been wanting to play FFVII on it. I downloaded PCSX, and I've been trying to load it onto the tablet using DDPB, which I've never used before. Whenever I put in my tablet's ip address and password, click connect, and I get an error that says "Error: Unknown argument that". Any ideas?
    in the android sideloading subthread within the playbook apps and games forum there's a stickie about how to sideload. basicaly you have to put your pb in developer mode. it helps to search the forums.
    all over, answers are. search you must.
    12-13-12 02:06 PM
    guys where do i get the games to play on the emulator? please and thanks
    12-17-12 01:11 PM
    guys where do i get the games to play on the emulator? please and thanks
    google "play station roms"
    12-17-12 01:54 PM
    Bless you my friend, bless you. Final fantasy tactics now on the go,will test along and report if I find anything wrong. Crash bandicoot and chrono cross here I come!

Off topic but I wonder why is it the a PlayStation 2 emulator isn't available for portable stuff. Is it a lot harder?
    12-18-12 06:51 AM
    Hi, I am having problems with Diablo... I have it on an .img file and obviously it only shows the run through of the intro video and i cant do anything.. Where else can I find it or what should I do? Thanks.
    12-18-12 11:02 PM
    Hi, I am having problems with Diablo... I have it on an .img file and obviously it only shows the run through of the intro video and i cant do anything.. Where else can I find it or what should I do? Thanks.
    Usually .img comes with a .ccd file and a .sub file you might need those
    12-18-12 11:23 PM
    has anyone tried this with 2.1.0.1314 , any problems? using the current version
    12-19-12 03:12 PM
    I serioisly doubt there'd be issues since .1314 is basically bug fixes with no major new features. Now if the update was to say 2.2 then we'd have to see.
    12-19-12 03:15 PM
    still running fine after the update
    12-19-12 03:29 PM
    all I have is the .Sub file and 2 .img files.. no .ccd file...
    12-19-12 06:55 PM
    Has anyone gotten Breath of Fire 3 to work? I've tried 2 sources (including ripping the image off my own copy of the game) and whenever I try to start the game, it crashes right on startup. Ripped off my disc was a bin and a cue file and I had both loaded onto the playbook. The other source had two bin files (labeled "track 1" and "track 2" and a single cue) and I've tried running the game with either file (both are loaded onto the playbook, it's just a matter of which I select when I load PCSX) and nothing works.

and I know these aren't necessarily bad rom dumps. I can get both to work on my computer using epsxe.

any ideas?

thanks.
    12-27-12 12:34 AM
720 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD