It's not connecting with bridge... any suggestions?? Keep getting java script alert and "no pc found" error. Works great over Wi-Fi however.
    My guess is the port it is configured for is not enable on your router then. I would check your router
    12-03-11 02:55 PM
    My guess is the port it is configured for is not enable on your router then. I would check your router
    Have the port forwarded, passes all the tests and I get a "success" when I go to the WAN test URL.
    Last edited by bbstorm79; 12-06-11 at 07:36 AM.
    12-03-11 03:33 PM
    Just got this up and running with PlayOn! Netflix Canada works with it as well!

Thanks for this. I just fell in love with my PlayBook all over again!
    WrightWords likes this.
    12-03-11 03:39 PM
    navigated straight to my WAN IP:57331/home and that worked.
    12-03-11 04:10 PM
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing
    12-03-11 04:33 PM
    This is awesome!
    12-03-11 07:48 PM
    But you need Playon Premium to use anything other than youtube, pandora, and your own media: Content Providers: What Can I Watch With PlayOn? | PlayOn
    12-03-11 08:15 PM
    anyone know if it works for netflix.ca?
    12-03-11 09:07 PM
    ...but it's 40 bucks.
    you can get it on sale. Just do a quick google search for playon coupon code and I am sure you'll find a coupon saving 10-20 bucks easy. I bought it ages ago for 20 bucks and definitely the best 20 I spent, remote access to everything.
    12-03-11 10:28 PM
    A great solution! But, having to use an expensive third-party app and a separate PC server to get the PB to stream Netflix illustrates why the PB is not going anywhere in the current marketplace. The Kindle Fire has been out only weeks and, even though it is sold by a competitor of Netflix, it has a Netflix App. I like the Playbook, but RIM's failure to provide it with basic apps such as a Netflix App or Netflix-capable browser--not to mention email/calendar apps--is just weird.
    12-04-11 03:07 AM
    I am a fan and avid user of the pb but this is kind of BS. Rimm needs to get their sh!t together instead of us looking for ways go improve the pb. I have and will stick with the pb but they should focus on improving a product that many have purchased counting on what they promised instead of opening stores in bumble****
    12-04-11 10:11 AM
    Can't we have ONE useful, productive thread that doesn't devolve into more RIM whining, moaning and crying???

Make it work or sell it. Don't act like a spoiled 12 year old and whine to US.

You can look for solutions or you can look for problems. Every tablet out there has plenty of both.
    12-04-11 01:36 PM
    A great solution! But, having to use an expensive third-party app and a separate PC server to get the PB to stream Netflix illustrates why the PB is not going anywhere in the current marketplace. The Kindle Fire has been out only weeks and, even though it is sold by a competitor of Netflix, it has a Netflix App. I like the Playbook, but RIM's failure to provide it with basic apps such as a Netflix App or Netflix-capable browser--not to mention email/calendar apps--is just weird.
    So how about blaming netflix for not making an app for the PlayBook?

I am a fan and avid user of the pb but this is kind of BS. Rimm needs to get their sh!t together instead of us looking for ways go improve the pb. I have and will stick with the pb but they should focus on improving a product that many have purchased counting on what they promised instead of opening stores in bumble****
    You know there is not perfect gadget out there what ever you buy you need to find your ways to make it work better, Android needs to be rooted and custom roms to get the most of it, Iphone you do jailbreak to unlock all the potential of it so whats wrong with finding some ways to make the PlayBook work better i ask?

Can't we have ONE useful, productive thread that doesn't devolve into more RIM whining, moaning and crying???

Make it work or sell it. Don't act like a spoiled 12 year old and whine to US.

You can look for solutions or you can look for problems. Every tablet out there has plenty of both.
    Well said
    12-04-11 01:59 PM
    Someone want to let me know where i went wrong?

1. Downloaded the PC Playon client. Seems like it is working fine.
    2. Put in Netflix info - passed test
    3. Enabled mobile access.
    4. Went to "m.playon.tv" and it found my PC. I click on netflix and it says "the selected folder contains no media items"

Thanks!
    12-04-11 06:59 PM
    Wow, amazing. You just said in brevity the whole of my feelings. I often think fondly of the Palm community and how people came together to exploit what those simple devices _could_ do rather than dwell on what they couldn't do.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 07:53 PM

4. Went to "m.playon.tv" and it found my PC. I click on netflix and it says "the selected folder contains no media items"

Thanks!
    Try restarting the service and/or the PC. Usually clears up these issues. Also make sure you have the latest version of flash running on that PC for Internet Explorer. That cleared up the streaming problems I was first having using the PB.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-04-11 07:53 PM
    For folks complaining about Netflix, it is not as easy as an building an "app" for it. Netflix requires support for DRM. The DRM hooks are in the Playbook 2.0 with the video store coming. Once the platform is able to support Netflix, then they have to build an app. Hopefully, they are working on this now, but only RIM or Netflix would know for sure.
    12-04-11 09:06 PM
    Try restarting the service and/or the PC. Usually clears up these issues. Also make sure you have the latest version of flash running on that PC for Internet Explorer. That cleared up the streaming problems I was first having using the PB.
    Thanks i tried what you said still right after i click netflix it pops up a "Javascript" error that says "the selected folder contains no media". I tried doing the same on both my PB and internet explorer and both did not work . Anyone else getting this specific error?
    12-04-11 09:29 PM
    Do you have stuff in your Instant Viewing Queue? I recall them mentioning something about that.
    12-04-11 10:07 PM
    anyone know if it works for netflix.ca?
    Curious if anyone's tested this as well
    12-08-11 02:27 AM

Thanks!
    Same here. Cant get anything in Canada. Passed all tests and netflix pass info is correct.
    12-08-11 09:57 AM
    Still getting Java script errors. On some channels I can get past the errors and it sits there for 20 minutes buffering. My speeds at the house are perfect for streaming. Also sometimes on the playbook it says to upgrade the flash player lol
    12-08-11 10:19 AM
    works in canada ,Wpg Mb
    Also only used wi fi bridge did not work
    12-08-11 11:01 AM
    Works beautifully on mine thank you! A good pacifier until the 2.0 release.
    12-08-11 05:14 PM

Sigh for the umpteenth time its Netflix not RIM thats not providing the app. Unless you want RIM to hold a gun to their heads.... and the fire? really? It's reviews are horrible. I thank the op for sharing this with everyone so we can enjoy our Netflix.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-08-11 05:19 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD