I have a wireless printer that is connected to the wi-fi, is it possible to print documents from my playbook straight to the printer? Or do I need to go through my lap top first? If so could someone send me a link to apps or downloads that I may need, whether needing sideloading or not?
    01-04-13 11:32 AM
    There is an app called "print" in app world. It requires a program to be running on the PC. It works well for simple printing.
    01-04-13 11:44 AM
    If it's one of those printers you can set up with an email address you can also email documents and pictures as attachments from your playbook to the printer.
    01-04-13 12:09 PM
    As it stands right now, printing from the PlayBook is a tough situation. For the most part, your only options are to have the job sent to your PC which then routes the job by software to a printer installed on it, or to use the very basic plain text application PrintTool which will work directly to most PCL capable printers, but it only does plain text that you enter into a text field. Hopefully BB10 will give us greater support.

I've made the argument before that creating a printing application that will work with most network printers should be possible just through creating a generic PCL or PostScript driver. PostScript would have an advantage in that the basic CUPS infrastructure could be used which would give you a PPD for almost any printer you can think of, but for some higher end machines (think business class machines like a Ricoh, Canon, or Xerox) would be useless without the addition of a PostScript option as the big companies generally license true PostScript from Adobe.

All that said, I'd happily pay for a basic PCL printer application that allowed me to print, duplex, and choose colour or black and white from my PlayBook.

At least out of the box I can use my PlayBook as a desitnation for scanning via SMB, so that's one out of several MFP functions available.
    01-04-13 02:44 PM
    Hi,

With PlayCloud 10, you will be able to print from your PlayBook or your BB10 device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7757344

Nicolas
    01-04-13 02:47 PM