Being able to store and watch movies on a PlayBook will determine if I will invest in the tablet. Can I get some feedback on the Video Store app? How's the selection? What's the typical size of a 90 minute movie stored on the PlayBook?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
    08-14-12 11:29 PM
    I actually never use it. I just download series like Family guy / South park on my PC, and transfer them to my playbook.
    There are apps in the appworld that can play movies WITH .srt support (subtitle file)
    08-15-12 06:04 AM
    Last time I checked, they did have lots of latest movies. They're really lagging behind on the TV shows though. A typical movie will take about 2GB. The video and sound quality are really good. I prefer streaming though and hope they go that route.
    08-15-12 06:05 AM
    Being able to store and watch movies on a PlayBook will determine if I will invest in the tablet. Can I get some feedback on the Video Store app? How's the selection? What's the typical size of a 90 minute movie stored on the PlayBook?
    It's decent, basically. I find that most video stores have a pretty similar selection and this is one of them -- some premium stuff, some older stuff, not too different from YouTube Movies in that sense.

Yes, you can store and watch. It is kind of like iTunes, you pay, then it starts downloading, and assuming you are renting, you have 30 days to use the 48-hour rental (which begins when you start playing the movie). I have been using it to download movies to watch on the subway home, which has no connectivity.

No idea what the typical size of the movie is -- the app just downloads it, and I watch it. You can also buy movies instead of renting them, though obviously that is more expensive.
    08-15-12 10:11 PM
    Last time I checked, they did have lots of latest movies. They're really lagging behind on the TV shows though. A typical movie will take about 2GB. The video and sound quality are really good. I prefer streaming though and hope they go that route.
    I hear you on streaming but for a lot of people being able to cache it on the device so that you don't have to worry about connectivity is pretty useful. Especially subway commuters or frequent air travellers...
    08-15-12 10:13 PM
    All movies you buy can be downloaded. Not sure about rentals.
    08-15-12 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD