Now i love the idea of the bridge, its a great idea, and other OS developers should take note, but i don't own a Blackberry phone. the things i would use the bride for are, well, one thing, i mostly use my Playbook for plugging into the TV to watch films, and a media remote would be lovely. and im not willing to drop my HTC ChaCha for a Blackberry phone, just to do this. I love the ChaCha because i feel android has surpassed Blackberry, and the ways BB is better, as a non business user, i just dont need.

So since im not a developer and have no idea how these things work i have two questions,
    Firstly, with Android Apps sort of comming to Playbook on tuesday, is there a chance that the bridge will be extended at any time in the future to allow the use of Android phones? OR, is there/will there be/could there be, an android App, to alow your phone to operate as a Bluetooth remote for tablets regardless of their OS.

failing that... is there any cheap bluetooth media remotes availible that would work with the Playbook? currently the best option i have found is the Rii Mini PC Keyboard Touchpad V2, which is a bit big and bulky. and there are rumours of it working only with android 2.3 or above, and only iOS 4.0 and above, and no mention of evidence of it working with Playbook OS, would it work, or is there something else? preferably smaller and cheaper, and WAY more basic than a full fledged keyboard/mouse combo. infact ive found exactly what i want here...

Trust NB-5100P Multimedia remote - Computeractive - product reviews you can trust

but it wont work with Playbook at all.

Any Suggestions?
    02-19-12 01:00 PM
    Regarding remote.functionality coming to Android phones, there is not much news on that end. Also not sure if any such app will be approved or marked as duplicating functionality (bridge) and will also need to meet bridge encryption level etc.

If you only want control, why not just get a mini bluetooth mouse. It will work fine to navigates between apps, PBOS selecting music/video/pic to play only keyboard input would be missing. Dlna might be coming with OS2 and you could then just play content using your PS3 or xbox etc.
    02-19-12 01:55 PM
    I suggest you just buy a cheap bluetooth mouse. Playbook supports bluetooth mice, and for what you're thinking of using it for, a mouse would work just fine.
    02-19-12 02:07 PM
    As of date, we don't know how far (if ever) DLNA will be implemented on the PB.
    If it gets fully implemented (for server stack at least) it is most probable that you may use any device for the third DLNA stack : the remote.
    So, in your context of use (movies on TV) you may even find your solution with your TV/PS3 menus, for instance. Oh ... and wireless, of course (which is another answer, since your PB could stand just near you !)

Just watch how Bla1ze played around with his 9900 : http://www.crackberry.com/first-look...ver-using-dlna (edited, i missed the good one first)

Nice, isn't it ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-19-12 at 02:16 PM.
    02-19-12 02:11 PM
    I love you guys. i never even considered just using a mouse. i just wandered out the back and got my Apple Magic Mouse out of the bag, and i now effectively have a remote control when i watch my movies on the TV, Cheers very much!!!!!!!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-19-12 02:25 PM
    I wonder if a used BB would work as a bridge remote without having service activated? Seems like it could.
    02-19-12 02:28 PM
    Supposedly, with the release of OS2, Rim will be releasing its own bt keyboard/touchpad. But I suspect it will not be cheap. They will probably make up for the lost profits on the pb by pricing the keyboard high!
    02-19-12 02:46 PM
    Before you buy a mouse check out the rii mini wireless keyboards. I've had mine for a few months and I love it! There is a blutooth version i know of, and the best part is they work on all os platforms!
    02-19-12 03:56 PM
    I wonder if a used BB would work as a bridge remote without having service activated? Seems like it could.
    I would imagine so- it's an app that talks over bluetooth, so no reason why not. i certainly hope so personally, as I'm currently "between bis services" myself!
    02-19-12 05:19 PM
    I would imagine so- it's an app that talks over bluetooth, so no reason why not. i certainly hope so personally, as I'm currently "between bis services" myself!
    The question, still : how to access AppWorld w/o BBID ?
    02-20-12 06:01 AM
    I downloaded bridge courtesy of Mr Rroyy, have tested that my torch and PB can talk to each other on current setup (PB is 1.8.0.xxx stock, torch is running 6.something and bridge 1.7.5).

My carrier doesn't yet support mobile data on berries w/o a BIS plan, so I'm limited in functionality for the meantime, but between PB and torch everything is peachy.

Just have my fingers crossed everything still works after the upgrades!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-20-12 06:21 AM
    The question, still : how to access AppWorld w/o BBID ?
    You just create one. It's not tied to phone service. My son uses AppWorld on his 9700 over Wifi. Easier still, download the one from rroyy
    02-20-12 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD