got my 1 month old 64g pb and enjoying everybit about it, no issues on bb bridge. until yesterday, problem occurs the pb cannot detect the wifi and bluetooth cannot be turn on. restart - turn off do not resolve my problem. i noticed as well that all native apps do not work at all. everytime i open the music app it just close on its own, camera app is saying that i have other open app using the camera. need for speed cannot save game bec memory is full, cannot delete pic and apps, docs to go is sending me an error notification (error code:30 unable to open) and date and time are not showing in the option window.

i havent tried the wipe out data option in pb for i have some important files inside. i tried connecting it on my macbook and it cant detect my pb unlike before. il will try to connect the pb later on a pc with bbDM maybe it will detect my pb and try the wipe all data as well.

last app that i download is "my file manager", after 1 day disaster happened. i tried to delete it but it wont just go.

what a miserable life
    05-29-11 11:44 PM
    Have you try a hard reset?
    How much memory left? Any idea?
    05-29-11 11:46 PM
    got my 1 month old 64g pb and enjoying everybit about it, no issues on bb bridge. until yesterday, problem occurs the pb cannot detect the wifi and bluetooth cannot be turn on. restart - turn off do not resolve my problem. i noticed as well that all native apps do not work at all. everytime i open the music app it just close on its own, camera app is saying that i have other open app using the camera. need for speed cannot save game bec memory is full, cannot delete pic and apps, docs to go is sending me an error notification (error code:30 unable to open) and date and time are not showing in the option window.

i havent tried the wipe out data option in pb for i have some important files inside. i tried connecting it on my macbook and it cant detect my pb unlike before. il will try to connect the pb later on a pc with bbDM maybe it will detect my pb and try the wipe all data as well.

last app that i download is "my file manager", after 1 day disaster happened. i tried to delete it but it wont just go.

what a miserable life
    i had the exact same problem on my 64gb from future shop. first bluetooth and wifi stopped, then the music app would only stay open for a second and then the camera said there was another app using it. mine acted up 2 weeks after i got it but i was on the road. i called tech support, got elevated to tier 1. they told me to do a reset, then we debricked it, no help. tier 1 said they would call back. i took a chance and talked to the manager at future shop and asked if the 32 days was going to be an issue for an exchange and he got me to come in and they looked at it, confirmed it was faulty and exchanged it.

i got lucky but have so in the past at future shop. different if u r returning a working unit but when its faulty and depending on the person u can sometimes get lucky. don't be afraid to talk to all the stores too. if no luck you will most likely have to rma it thru rim. good luck.
    05-29-11 11:58 PM
    i havent tried the hard reset yet, i want to backup my file in pb first if i can access my file in it using a pc with bbDM. i still got a lot of memory on pb 50gb+
    05-30-11 12:04 AM
    hard reset (volume up/down, power button) doesnt remove data but debricking it does
    05-30-11 12:09 AM
    i had the exact same problem on my 64gb from future shop. first bluetooth and wifi stopped, then the music app would only stay open for a second and then the camera said there was another app using it. mine acted up 2 weeks after i got it but i was on the road. i called tech support, got elevated to tier 1. they told me to do a reset, then we debricked it, no help. tier 1 said they would call back. i took a chance and talked to the manager at future shop and asked if the 32 days was going to be an issue for an exchange and he got me to come in and they looked at it, confirmed it was faulty and exchanged it.

i got lucky but have so in the past at future shop. different if u r returning a working unit but when its faulty and depending on the person u can sometimes get lucky. don't be afraid to talk to all the stores too. if no luck you will most likely have to rma it thru rim. good luck.
    but the thing for me is i live in asia, i just asked my friend in the US to do reservation online and order it for me. he visited the country and gave me the playbook and he'll be leaving nxt week back to US. if things didnt turn up well for the pb il ask my friend to return it in bestbuy and "wait again...."
    05-30-11 12:15 AM
    hard reset (volume up/down, power button) doesnt remove data but debricking it does
    oh ok, thanks for the info!
    05-30-11 12:17 AM
    hard reset didnt work for me..
    05-30-11 12:26 AM
    I have the same problem with my 16gb Playbook. No WiFi and once I reset the tablet now it does not even go through the setup since wifi is required during setup.
    05-31-11 01:44 PM
    Just been using Playbook for two days. Native Apps do not work, it keeps dropping wifi connection, and is also interfering with, and turning off wifi connection on my laptop.
    I was on the phone for 2 hours with PB help line today, nothing is resolved or fixed. I am in the UK, my son kindly sent me the PB from the US, purchased from Best Buy, so I cannot easily return it. I am at the end of my tether!
    06-03-11 10:10 AM
    On again with with PB help line in Southern Carolina for another 2 hours yesterday, eventually I was put through to RIM in Nova Scotia. On for another for an hour with the man there, no success. He is phoning me today to talk me through a restore! I am so disappointed and annoyed. Since I received the PB three days ago I have spent at least five hours per day trying to get it to work. As I bought the PB from Best Buy in the US and I live in the UK I cannot return it. The man in Nova Scotia said that if a restore does not sort it out I can send it back to Canada for a new one, which means when they send a new one to me I will have to pay customs duty and VAT all over again when it comes into the UK. This has turned out to be a complete nightmare. If I try turning on the PB it completely wrecks my internet access and I have to do repeated restarts on my router. The router works perfectly with my two computers, my husbands Ipad and wifi on my Blackberry Curve phone.
    06-05-11 04:42 AM
    Just noticed your thread. Recived my playbook in Tyrone from Phones4U 15t. All proplems you have experienced i have too. New one coming from Germany Fedex to arrive tomorrow after bombarding Blackberry support.
    06-21-11 11:34 AM
    I know this is not directly on point, but I want to share my Playbook wifi troubles and solution from this week.

I was having increasing (maddening!) problems with wifi on my two week old Playbook not being able to hold a wifi connection to the internet. I use a 1st generation Apple Airport Extreme 80211N router — and have had no trouble maintaining wi-fi connections on the following:
    - Blackberry Curve 9300 (ATT)
    - Samsung Captivate smartphone
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (w/Verizon 3G)
    - Asus Transformer Android 10" "Honeycomb" tablet
    - TiVo Premiere
    - Dell Inspiron 15"
    - MacBook Pro
    - iPad 1
    - iPhones 3GS and 4

So... a lot of wi-fi devices.

I solved my Blackberry Playbook wifi problem by fiddling with the Apple Airport Extreme router. The setting that had been causing so much trouble was my set-up default of "WPA2 Personal."

So first, I reverted back to WEP and that was a total fail on the PlayBook. When I switched over (and rebooted) to "WPA/WPA2 Personal" the Playbook's wifi came on line like a hot knife through butter! It successbully downloaded the newest large PB OS update in, like, 3 minutes!

Since switching the router settings, I have not been kicked off Playbook's wifi once. So I hope this may help others.

— Jeff
    07-22-11 03:03 PM
    This is what i posted in other forum thread on Crackberry

I had the same problem. After i had installed firmware .2650 and .2670 at some point my bluetooth didn"t work anymore and my WiFi was all messed up (BUT WiFi seems active).

After searching the forums and a bit of trail and error i noticed that after using/switching Bluetooth on, WiFi gets messed up. SO HANDS OFF BLUETOOTH WHEN YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

For my work around you need a PC (not a Mac) with the newest BB Desktop software installed. Before trying this you should set energy settings in windows to a maximum (so USB port won"t be shut off power).

1. Start-up Desktop software

2. Attache your Playbook to the PC using the USB cable

3. while on USB perform a hard reset (hold down volume - and power button down untill playbook shuts itself down

4. power up the Playbook

5. for a limited time you'll see a pop-up box on your PC with some text and you have 3 choices. Something like "try again..", "update" and another choice (dont know what it is anymore)

6. choose "update". This will download firmware over the web and installs it on your Playbook. This takes some time, but don't interrupt!

7. after installing, the Playbook restarts automatically. On the screen of your PC you"ll see a message that the connection failed or something like that. Ignore it! Just disconnect the USB Cable at this point.

8. Now your Playbook will do a factory start-up, so choose your country and language and select a working WiFi

9. if i'm correct now the Playbook will go online to update the new firmware (1.0.7.2670). In my case it was a download of only 29Mb!

10. VERY IMPORTANT: DON'T INSTALL BLACKBERRY BRIDGE. THIS WILL MESS UP WiFi. So when you get this choice during installation, just swipe to the next screen. I guess because of starting up Bluetooth!

After following the setup to the end you should have a working Playbook with Wifi without Blackberry Bridge! BUT........

WiFi gets messed up again when i use:
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera

Shutting your playbook off and restarting it will do the trick (holding down the power button for a few seconds and choose Restart).

I hope this will be solved with new firmware.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while i was able to activate Bluetooth, but not for long. It seems to me it's not a hardware related issue.
    08-01-11 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD