hi
    i just bought a new 16gig playbook. so far i love it! actually got rid of an ipad in favour of the playbook. love the fact that you can drag and drop as on a desktop...i digress...
    here is my problem--i went to the app world webstore to download 'air browser'. i hit the 'download' button which took me to the sign in page which i did with my blackberry id. this then took me to the blackberry app world setup page. which has 3 steps:

1--get the blackberry app world browser plug-in.
    i did this and loaded it . the system check radio button at the top high-lighted.
    the greyed-out check mark turned green and beside it it says 'You have installed the BlackBerry App World Browser Plug-in on this computer'. i figure i can continue on with the setup.
    2-- the next step is '2. Connect your smartphone', which i did and here is where the problem lies. nothing is happening.... i have tried this on my desktop and laptop and it stops the progress after i load the app world browser plug-in, i tried refreshing the page in hopes that it would recognize my playbook--nothing .....very frustrating. can anyone shed light on what i am doing wrong? if i cant access the app download page, kind of makes it impossible to buy and load apps.

many thanks for your input or solutions
    woofpack
    11-20-11 11:25 AM
    Not sure if you did this yet, but to load and buy apps for the Playbook, you need to do it via the Playbook, using the appworld app/icon.
    woofpack likes this.
    11-20-11 11:35 AM
    hey robsteve
    thanks so much! i really am a newbie to the blackberry world.
    11-20-11 12:31 PM
    My BlackberryID predates the playbook, so I am not sure on this, but you may have to use a web browser if you have problems setting up a payment method or have errors paying.

The other benefit of the Playbook Appworld is that it will only show you Playbook aps. The website can show you apps that you cannot dowload or run on a Playbook. It may be fixed now, but developers could probably choose works for all devices, not thinking about the Playbook, just phones.
    11-20-11 02:06 PM
    if you have registered your playbook to your Blackberry ID then appworld on your pc should list which devices you have. Selecting your playbook should limit the search to related apps just like using the native app on your pb.

It should give you the option to install when it is connected. I use this method when I know there is an update but my devices appworld is not reporting the upgrade yet and i'm being impatient.
    11-20-11 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD