Hello,

Has anyone sideloaded the youversion bible app for the playbook?
    03-07-12 10:32 AM
    I don't sideload anything but if you haven't looked into Eemanuel Bible, I highly recommend it.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-07-12 11:21 AM
    I don't sideload anything but if you haven't looked into Eemanuel Bible, I highly recommend it.
    Agree, sideloading is a recipe for disaster, spawning mindless threads on how PB browser is a whalefail, and, and, and, whatever's....

That said, eEmanuel is a superb app developed by one of our very own distinguished members, and worth every penny, since it sells for a mere pittance, but worth much, much more.

While I have youversion on my iPhone, and like it, I find the eEmanuel the bees knee's.
    artie, Harryl6134 and Spencerdl like this.
    03-07-12 11:31 AM
    There is a youversion android Bible app in App World that I use. Released by Handster.

Oops, but as I type this I just searched app world and I can't find it anymore...
    03-07-12 11:36 AM
    I have sideloaded Youversion bible app...and it doesn't work the same on the PB as it does on the iphone or android.

The bells and whistles are not there. Emmanuel is SO MUCH BETTER!!!
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    03-07-12 11:38 AM
    Agreed. I was so impressed with e-Mmanuel bible app that I paid for the donate version. I am finding it to be the absolute best bible app available on any platform. The convenience of tapping the full-screen button at the bottom right and being able to tap one button to bring up every book of the bible is immensely convenient and super fast for switching between books for bible discussions.

I used to believe the YouVersion bible app was the best you could get. Then I experience e-Mmanuel.
    jetstreamblue and Chaz26 like this.
    03-07-12 11:42 AM
    Agreed. I was so impressed with e-Mmanuel bible app that I paid for the donate version. I am finding it to be the absolute best bible app available on any platform. The convenience of tapping the full-screen button at the bottom right and being able to tap one button to bring up every book of the bible is immensely convenient and super fast for switching between books for bible discussions.

I used to believe the YouVersion bible app was the best you could get. Then I experience e-Mmanuel.
    Agreed, e-Mmanuel is well worth the purchase price and has done nothing but get better since I purchased it.
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    03-07-12 11:46 AM
    I'm waiting for Olivtree to come to the PlayBook.........
    03-07-12 11:57 AM
    Here's some good reading on Bible Apps ....

enjoy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...church-683814/
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-07-12 12:03 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but why would you need a bible app? Arent there a ton of bibles in EPUB format and in PDF format?
    03-07-12 12:05 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but why would you need a bible app? Arent there a ton of bibles in EPUB format and in PDF format?
    My experience with eBook bibles is deplorable. They may seem like the logical choice, but just give one...maybe the NIV...a try and you will immediately see. There is no simple navigation of any of the bible books or chapters. Try it in the Kobo reader and see.

I was the same way before I discovered how poor eBook bibles are. I was really excited to get an eBook bible and paid $10 for the NIV version. Since then I have been trying to get Kobo to refund my valuable $10 so I could get something else. This applies to other readers also, not just Kobo.
    BoloMKXXVIII likes this.
    03-07-12 12:10 PM
    The apps allow for some added functionality. For example, YouVersion has reading plans, reminders, social connectivity (like accountability partners), and more. You can even load message notes in YouVersion for the entire congregation to follow.

YouVersion allows you to switch translations on a dime; Olive Tree, for instance, allows you to have a split screen with more than one translation.

Basically, the app gives you more functionality over a doc file.
    03-07-12 12:14 PM
    e-Mmanuel+ no doubt the very best, for study Bible on Kindle Osnova is fantastic only benefit of sideloading for me so far and I install and delete like a habit!
    03-07-12 12:30 PM
    The 'Handster' version did not work for me, the Daily reading plan didn't synchronize properly.

I see there is now a version from lifechurch.tv listed in app world but there is no download button. Does anyone else have a download button?
    03-07-12 11:01 PM
    I'm waiting for Olivtree to come to the PlayBook.........
    I have OliveTree on my BB9650 with a lot of books and money invested and they stopped working on BlackBerry; very disappointed but I am so happy that someone stepped up and didn't forget about us BlackBerry people.
    If OliveTree comes thru on the PlayBook I hope it runs as well as EMmanuel.
    03-07-12 11:24 PM
    Gospel Library for BlackBerry PlayBook is free in Apple World.

You can download the KJV Bible and the navigation is superb!

Gospel Library for BlackBerry PlayBook - BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by sagec; 03-08-12 at 01:46 AM.
    ranchlizard likes this.
    03-08-12 12:12 AM
    The 'Handster' version did not work for me, the Daily reading plan didn't synchronize properly.

I see there is now a version from lifechurch.tv listed in app world but there is no download button. Does anyone else have a download button?
    I saw the same, no download button. But the whole app wasn't there when I checked this morning, so that's a step forward in suppose...
    03-08-12 12:12 AM
    I am not sure why you would want to sideload the Android version of the YouVersion app when it is readily available in BB App world. I use both the YouVersion and the e-Mmanuel apps as each has its own strong and weak points.
    03-08-12 12:13 AM
    You had to side load as it first appeared it wasn't officially converted by the people who made the app... though it seems now it actually is released by them.

Happy days!! Nice Spot! Will delete my side loaded version now!
    03-08-12 04:38 AM
    I'm in US. I can see it in App World - but, there is no download/install link. I do have it side-loaded and I wonder if that is creating a conflict. I'd prefer to have it native if possible. But, I do like Bible by LifeChurch.tv. I happened to have downloaded a few translations for offline use onto my BlackBerry Torch. They existed on my SD card and I was able to easily move these over to the PlayBook. It was very helpful since the NIV isn't available for download offline and I had it on my Torch - I just copied it over...

I tried e-Mmanuel at the suggestion of many. I did like the ability to have two translations open concurrently. But, I went back to Bible due to familiarity.
    03-08-12 09:36 AM
    The youversion app was available to be installed a day or two after Os2.0 installations, works great, has some bugs once in a while like the other android apps but love it. Hopefully it becomes available to install again...
    03-08-12 10:49 AM
    I've had the E-Mmanuel app on my playbook for some time now and I must say I like it better than the youversion app. On E-Mmanuel's facebook, I saw that they will eventually release an update that will have reading plans. Once this is release, I will probably use it more than youversion app. Overall, I don't mind paying a few dollars for an app that allows me to do what E-Mmanuel can do and will do much more in the future!
    03-20-12 07:50 AM
    Reading plans are there! They are found under the "read the bible" section.

E-mmanual is a great app.
    03-20-12 08:09 AM
    It appears the YouVersion Bible app is back, and released by the official owners, Life Church, and it's free.

Something I've been noticing lately, Handster has been releasing a boatload of apps repackaged under their name, but many of them get removed from just not BB App World, but iTunes as well. After a brief abscence, some of these apps return, LEGITIMATELY, courtesy of the rightfull owner/developers of these apps.
    03-20-12 08:25 AM
    You guys have convinced me to try the Eemanuel bible app.
    03-20-12 08:26 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD