I have a 16 gig PlayBook running OS 2.1.0.840 and I'm having problems running apps. For one, I haven't been able to sideload since I updated and there's a number of apps in App World that won't work once installed, some of which I've payed for. Not sure what to do from this point.

Just tried to install the CB Forums app so I could keep tabs on this thread, but it won't run either.
    Last edited by Animatrix86; 09-29-12 at 02:04 PM.
    09-29-12 01:38 PM
    Reboot? Did you wipe. 560 before updating to. 840? If so this is a known issue. You can search for a solution its well documented in the forums.
    09-29-12 02:11 PM
    Since I did the 1 mb upgrade on .840, Twitter does not work. I re-booted a couple of times with no luck.

I touch the Twitter icon, the browser opens and goes to Twitter, then the browser closed.

I can get on twitter on my computers with no problem.

I searched the forums and didn't see anything that would help.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 09-29-12 at 07:13 PM.
    09-29-12 02:58 PM
    Reboot? Did you wipe. 560 before updating to. 840? If so this is a known issue. You can search for a solution its well documented in the forums.
    No, I figured I could just install the OS and everything would be fine. I've tried to look into downgrading but no luck in that department either. Rebooting doesn't help either.
    09-29-12 04:50 PM
    Since I did the 1 mb upgrade on .840, Twitter does not work. I re-booted a couple of times with no luck.

I touch the Twitter icon, the browser opens with to Twitter, then the browser closed.

I can get on twitter on my computers with no problem.

I searched the forums and didn't see anything that would help.
    I can't even get that far with my apps that don't work. I click the icon once installed but nothing happens.
    09-29-12 04:53 PM
    When you say sideloaded do you mean Android apps converted to Playbook or native bar files. Not all Android apps will work and some may stop working after updating the Playbook. OS 2.1 is also still in beta as well.
    09-29-12 07:27 PM
    When you say sideloaded do you mean Android apps converted to Playbook or native bar files. Not all Android apps will work and some may stop working after updating the Playbook. OS 2.1 is also still in beta as well.
    Yeah, I was talking about sideloading Android apps, but it's also some apps from App World that don't work at all.
    09-29-12 11:42 PM
    That doesn't really answer the question. Many apps in app world are converted android apps. Which apps are you talking about from app world?
    09-30-12 12:10 AM
    Is there a way to tell if an App is an Android-based App? I can't get my Bloomberg Anywhere app to run, downloaded from the official Blackberry store. It goes to open then dies, like other reports in here.
    09-30-12 05:10 AM
    That doesn't really answer the question. Many apps in app world are converted android apps. Which apps are you talking about from app world?
    The CB Forum App, I tried to download some bible apps today and got nothing, Kids Connect the Dots Lite, Kids Numbers and Math, Photo Editor Ultimate Free for the BlackBerry PlayBook, Photo Studio....those are all from App World. The ones I directly tried to sideload that don't work anymore are Words With Friends and Kindle.
    09-30-12 05:12 AM
    The CB Forum app and Photo Studio Ultimate are both android apps. Not sure about the others, but I suspect they are also. Which makes it sound like you've got a corrupted android player. A lot of people had this problem when OS 2.0 was first released. Those who had been running OS 1 and who had sideloaded the android player that had been extracted from the OS 2 beta, wound up having a non-functioning android player when they upgraded to OS 2.0. The fix, I believe, was to wipe and reinstall OS 2. I'm not sure if it is that easy a fix for a bad android player in the latest beta, but do a search- the problem has almost certainly been addressed.
    09-30-12 07:03 AM
    Bloomberg Anywhere is android. An app is android if it runs in the android player. You can tell if an app is running in the android player by swiping down from the top. If the android taskbar shows at the bottom of the screen (with the back arrow at the bottom left) then the app is running in the android player.
    09-30-12 07:21 AM
    What does "wipe" mean? I've seen it referred to.
    09-30-12 08:25 AM
    What does "wipe" mean? I've seen it referred to.
    It's like doing a factory reset on a computer.
    09-30-12 08:27 AM
    The CB Forum app and Photo Studio Ultimate are both android apps. Not sure about the others, but I suspect they are also. Which makes it sound like you've got a corrupted android player. A lot of people had this problem when OS 2.0 was first released. Those who had been running OS 1 and who had sideloaded the android player that had been extracted from the OS 2 beta, wound up having a non-functioning android player when they upgraded to OS 2.0. The fix, I believe, was to wipe and reinstall OS 2. I'm not sure if it is that easy a fix for a bad android player in the latest beta, but do a search- the problem has almost certainly been addressed.
    I tried doing something called the "debrick procedure" but all I got was "An error has occurred while updating your device's software.
    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x000000A2]" and the issue still exist.
    Last edited by Animatrix86; 09-30-12 at 09:25 PM.
    09-30-12 09:00 PM
    I tried doing something called the "debrick procedure" but all I got was "An error has occurred while updating your device's software.
    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x000000A2]" and the issue still exist.
    Take a look at this thread, and proceed at your own risk. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-840-a-745129/
    09-30-12 11:31 PM
    Take a look at this thread, and proceed at your own risk. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-840-a-745129/
    Went through the motions on the page. I got the three items in the folder like it talked about and I clicked on the BAT file like it asked. I didn't get anything after that, just the command prompt telling me it wasn't working.
    10-01-12 01:37 PM
    Of course everything is fixed now that they officially released 2.1! :-)
    10-03-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD