The PlayBook is a great device, but I feel lost without the most logical apps that are no-brainers... WSJ, NY Times, Financial Times, Bloomberg, Kindle, etc. I bought my PlayBook at Best Buy and they said I could return for full refund within 30 days. If the apps I need are not forthcoming, I intend to return my PlayBook and (choke!!) buy an Ipad 2, which has all of these apps.
    06-13-11 04:46 PM
    Why do you figure you need apps for the news feeds when you can go directly to the actual web sites?

World business, finance, and political news from the Financial Times - FT.com
    Bloomberg - Business & Financial News, Breaking News Headlines

Heck, even the crackberry app is "collecting dust" in my app collection. I just go straight to the site.
    06-13-11 04:57 PM
    Why did you buy it in the first place if you knew it didn't have these apps that you "need"?

I don't think you get the point of a refund.

You refund because you realize that you don't need or want it.

(Edited out troll part)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 04:57 PM
    The Bloomberg (Professional) app, for example, on the Ipad is not the same thing as the Bloomberg website. Reading the WSJ on the Ipad app is also better than the website. And Kindle??? They say it's coming... but who knows when.
    06-13-11 05:01 PM
    ummm yeagh.... most developers are being lazy and waiting for the android player. i just figured it out that is it rovio is being lazy and not releasing it until they can repackage the android versions......
    your better off returning it i wont expect much until mid summer if thats whats going to make or break you.
    06-13-11 05:05 PM
    Oh look it's THIS thread again.

Just return it.

/thread

max
    06-13-11 05:07 PM

My troll hammer is at the cleaners unfortunately.
    Last edited by shootsscores; 06-13-11 at 05:10 PM.
    06-13-11 05:07 PM
    Why do you figure you need apps for the news feeds when you can go directly to the actual web sites?

World business, finance, and political news from the Financial Times - FT.com
    Bloomberg - Business & Financial News, Breaking News Headlines

Heck, even the crackberry app is "collecting dust" in my app collection. I just go straight to the site.

I actually prefer cnbc stock app. But this should help you understand the desirability of good apps like stock apps. And good news apps.

06-13-11 05:09 PM
    Yes, if it doesn't suite your needs, you should return it.

Or maybe complain to WSJ, NY Times, Financial Times, Bloomberg etc. since it's up to them to make an app for the PB.\

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/bl...oposal-614511/
    Last edited by narci; 06-13-11 at 05:18 PM.
    06-13-11 05:12 PM
    Sound like a threat. Are we supposed to be scared? I dont get it. Oh, you must be on paTroll.
    06-13-11 05:13 PM
    The PlayBook is a great device, but I feel lost without the most logical apps that are no-brainers... WSJ, NY Times, Financial Times, Bloomberg, Kindle, etc. I bought my PlayBook at Best Buy and they said I could return for full refund within 30 days. If the apps I need are not forthcoming, I intend to return my PlayBook and (choke!!) buy an Ipad 2, which has all of these apps.
    This like that episode of Seinfeld, when Jerry's Dad buys him a Wizard Organizer (some fictional, early Palm-like PDA) and the Dad thinks its a fancy tip calculator. Even if the tablets apps for the above papers are great, if all you're going to do is to read on the PB, maybe you should look elsewhere. The apps will come out sometime soon, but the PB screen will still only be 7 inches.
    06-13-11 05:16 PM
    I actually prefer cnbc stock app. But this should help you understand the desirability of good apps like stock apps. And good news apps.

You seriously think that someone who has full access to all that data via the web needs a stupid islab app? Btw, there is an app in app world for following most of the major bourses. C'mon, itroll, your silly games just keep getting weaker and weaker and the PB is less than two months old. You're getting beat up by a 7 week old baby.
    06-13-11 05:21 PM
    Kindle??? They say it's coming... but who knows when.
    Amazon was the one who announce a Kindle app, not RIM.

Amazon bringing Kindle app to BlackBerry PlayBook, loves making Kindle apps -- Engadget

Amazon just announced that it will be supporting the new BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, in addition to the BlackBerry mobile app they've already got.
    06-13-11 05:23 PM
    why dont you guys face it.. i am a playbook owner for at least 2 weeks and i must say it is incomplete. i dont see the benefits of this tablet. yeah, the screen is amazing, awesome camera but the problem here is the apps.. the hardware is amazing but the problem itself is the OS. they sent 3 OTA updates if im not mistaken but still its not beneficial for consumers. i can believe it until now the email client is not existing.. how sad..
    06-13-11 05:26 PM
    This thread has been done, many times.

If you don't like the PlayBook, and you don't like the selection of apps, then return it. Buy something else. Or, when the apps are available, buy another PlayBook.

We don't need a new thread every time someone decides they want to return their PlayBook. I'm not sure if you were trying to give RIM some sort of ultimatum with your post, but it's pointless. As was said many many times before, RIM doesn't make the apps. Complain to people that can actually do something about it. PlayBook App Initiative Thread
    mr1030, frfghtr, kbz1960 and 7 others like this.
    06-13-11 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD