Now with the bad news about the playbook, what about the devs who kept supporting the playbook until now by updating constantly their awesome apps like fast browser, pdf reader, playepub, advanced camera. Do you think they will lose interest now and abandon the platform? I would like to know what they think.
    06-29-13 04:21 PM
    Now with the bad news about the playbook, what about the devs who kept supporting the playbook until now by updating constantly their awesome apps like fast browser, pdf reader, playepub, advanced camera. Do you think they will lose interest now and abandon the platform? I would like to know what they think.
    If they're also developing for BlackBerry 10 there isn't really any reason to drop support for the PlayBook, it's kinda all encompassing to a certain point.
    06-29-13 04:29 PM
    If they're also developing for BlackBerry 10 there isn't really any reason to drop support for the PlayBook, it's kinda all encompassing to a certain point.
    Perhaps at first. However, the further the two code bases diverge, the harder it will be for commercial devs to justify maintaining the legacy code - especially if BB stops releasing patches or fixes for critical issues with PB OS 2.xx. Add to this the inevitable exodus from the PB platform now that it's officially EOL and I can see the cobwebs growing rather thick over BB World's PB section. This, of course, assumes that BB even bothers to maintain such a section of their online marketplace going forward. After Thor's "big renege," all bets are officially off...

RCK
    FF22 likes this.
    06-29-13 04:47 PM
    I directly dropped all my development for the playbook when i heard that bb10 wasnt coming to the playbook
    06-29-13 05:53 PM
    There will be no development. They are already quite different code bases. All the nice tools are for BB10. They cut us off in every way... if only they would update the API part of the PlayBook OS so it could run the apps. it's not like the PlayBook can't run that. If someone wants to tell me that then it's just a flat out lie.

Posted via CB10
    victorshikhman likes this.
    06-29-13 07:20 PM
    XSacha says he is trying to work on a fix to use the BB10 compiler for PB apps. Without that it doesn't sound like even he is going to continue to support PB (been waiting a couple months for Ppsspp update he told us he would do, when asked after they announced no BB10 for PB). Doesn't want to have to rewrite large chunks of code so the old compiler will work. I guess it's understandable, but it really sucks, cause that's gonna happen more and more until no one updates anything. We PB owners are screwed.

I'm just not gonna buy any apps by developers that have abandoned us anymore. So I guess no new apps for me (laughable since the app selection is gonna be crap from now on)They don't want to continue to support my device, I don't want to continue to support them in any fashion.
    06-30-13 05:01 AM
    Big finger not just to pb owners but also to the early devs who proped up the platform in its early days.

IOS is the dominant apps platform. Android has its horde of users. Ms is working on app compatibility between w8 and wp8. What incentive do devs have for developing for blackberry? I'm no developer but this is just my perspective.
    06-30-13 05:10 AM