I've looked through the forum for this with no success, although there are similar apps that lack the one feature I'd like to see.

I love having a customizable alarm sound/tone for my BB Curve. It has replaces the old standby alarm clock that I once had. I have a cradle charging dock for the Curve and it works very well. Now that I have a Playbook, I'm in the market to use it as my alarm clock. The clock app that comes preloaded is nice and all and even has an alarm... but... I would love to be able to use an audio file from my media library as the sound/tone.

I've gotten very used to waking to the one that I'm using on my Curve. How difficult is it to write a clock app that displays time and plays a user selected tone at a specific time? I'd even be satisfied with the OS 4.5 and prior alarm functionality from my Curve. Having a display of the time as well would be nice though.

There was an app that I d/l called "Time in Words" that sadly no longer works after the update and has been removed from appworld for some reason. If that app was able to give me a customizable audio alarm, it would be a dream come true.

If there is one out and I've missed it, I apologize and would appreciate a point in the right direction.
    06-25-11 03:25 PM
    I have run across an app that claims to do this (among other things) for $2.99. It's called bed-buzz. I only say it "claims" to do these things because I have not tried it, but ran across it after reading this post.
    06-25-11 08:35 PM
    You may wish to try Antair Nightstand - Alarm Clock found on App World. I've tried it and think it may do some of the things you want from a PB alarm clock. Good luck!
    06-25-11 10:45 PM
    I see they've added some features. That's great! It may be just what I need.

On a sidenote, does anyone know what happened to the Time In Words app?
    06-26-11 12:00 PM
    Todays Alarm Clock does what you asked and its free. even does radio!
    06-28-11 12:38 AM
    As far as I can tell, all the app alarm clocks need to be running to alarm. Only the native clock goes off after being closed. Is this right?
    06-30-11 07:38 AM
    Clock XR will allow you to customize this and more.

Just to be honest, yes, this is a shameless plug for my app. When I got my charging dock I wanted a bedside alarm clock app that would let me customize sounds and more. Nothing existed at the time, so I started to write my own app. I just released it the other day and, despite good reviews and sales so far, it has been buried under a pile of newly released apps.

I will be updating it some more in the following days/weeks.
    08-27-11 08:46 AM
    Clock XR will allow you to customize this and more.

Just to be honest, yes, this is a shameless plug for my app. When I got my charging dock I wanted a bedside alarm clock app that would let me customize sounds and more. Nothing existed at the time, so I started to write my own app. I just released it the other day and, despite good reviews and sales so far, it has been buried under a pile of newly released apps.

I will be updating it some more in the following days/weeks.
    You might want to supply a link - even on a desktop, it would lead people to your app in appworld.
    OneSlyFox likes this.
    08-27-11 09:51 AM
    Todays Alarm Clock does what you asked and its free. even does radio!
    The only problem with this app is you can't adjust the volume of the radio, default or customised tone. Even if you have your PB volume on low, the alarm blasts the sound at you. Guarenteed to put you in a bad mood for the rest of the day!
    08-27-11 10:04 AM
    You might want to supply a link - even on a desktop, it would lead people to your app in appworld.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Here's the link for Clock XR.

Buy Clock XR - Alarm Clock Night Stand - Download Clock XR - Alarm Clock Night Stand - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    08-27-11 10:23 AM
    I use Night Stand HD. It's gorgeous looking. It has some interesting alarm sounds. I'm using one with singing birds. It's like waking up in the forest, without the 'alarm shock' I have with more agressive sounds.
    08-27-11 10:58 AM
    I really love Clock XR btw. As far as I'm concerned its got by far the best ui. I hope you're still updating it. Its great.

couple questions

1 - i set the volume ramp to "5" but see it goes way up to 100 or so - is that seconds?
    2 - i have a different song for every day, but guess the max alarm slots are 5 which leaves me out of luck for sat sun. maybe 2 more alarm slots?
    3 - my clock is currently reading "feburary"
    4 - can I save my customized clock setting as a preset?

Nice app, thanks so much for writing it.
    02-20-12 09:06 PM
    I really love Clock XR btw. As far as I'm concerned its got by far the best ui. I hope you're still updating it. Its great.

couple questions

1 - i set the volume ramp to "5" but see it goes way up to 100 or so - is that seconds?
    2 - i have a different song for every day, but guess the max alarm slots are 5 which leaves me out of luck for sat sun. maybe 2 more alarm slots?
    3 - my clock is currently reading "feburary"
    4 - can I save my customized clock setting as a preset?

Nice app, thanks so much for writing it.
    wow, this thread is from aug... just so you know if you had put a search in app world for alarm clocks you would have come across Today's Alarm which does everything you are looking for...and more...for free.
    02-20-12 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD