I"m getting addicted to this game. If I get a micro usb cord, can I play this game on my 50" flat screen?
    12-27-11 08:04 PM
    Yes but you need a micro hdmi- regular hdmi cable. Not usb.
    Something like this.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=wpyGGX0K
    Last edited by Chaddface; 12-27-11 at 08:14 PM. Reason: link
    12-27-11 08:10 PM
    Seriously, if you are curious try it and report back on your success or failure.
    12-27-11 08:16 PM
    Seriously, if you are curious try it and report back on your success or failure.
    Thanks for adding that. Very helpful.
    12-27-11 08:20 PM
    im sure you could. but be prepared for really crappy resolution. you're not going to get hd from a game and most likely will just be 1024x600 resolution which sucks and its just going to look all stretched and crappy on a giant tv. if you're tv is an hdtv then yikes.

for videos it should be fine (depending on the video).

but yes you want an hdmi cord. not the micro usb.
    12-27-11 08:21 PM
    Videos look GREAT!
    12-27-11 08:22 PM
    Im not that picky but all the games look great on a 32" 50 would be fine unless your use to next gen console games and whatnot for what it is its pretty impressive imo and you can pickup a 12 foot micro hdmi cable at bestbuy for around $29.99 last time i was there.. might be able to find cheaper elsewhere
    12-27-11 08:32 PM
    I bough a cheap ebay one $5 shipped.
    was fun playing on the big screen.
    Also found this video
    12-27-11 09:01 PM
    DO NOT BUY HDMI CABLES FROM A RETAILER.

They are overpriced. Unlike audio cables where you can get "premium" cables for some good money, HDMI is pretty cut and dry since it's a digital signal and there is no analog signal to reproduce. A more expensive "premium" HDMI cable will not result in a higher-definition display; it's either going to display a picture or not. Of course, the only reason to spend more money on something like an HDMI cable is for the insulation if you're running long distances (50ft +) or through walls and such...

buy from HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! you want a micro hdmi to hdmi cable. You can get a 15ft cable for $6
    Last edited by jranciano; 12-27-11 at 09:56 PM.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    12-27-11 09:53 PM
    Yes, NFS plays fine through an HDMI cable. The game is intelligent enough to recognize there is an external display attached and doesn't rotate the scene in response to vehicle maneuvers.

Edit: a thin HDMI cable is advisable. My coax-like cable made driving awkward. Not to mention wear and tear on the HDMI port.
    Last edited by hubermania; 12-28-11 at 02:20 AM.
    12-28-11 02:17 AM
    Funny thing is NFS looks like doggie doodoo on my 46" Bravia, but the sounds through my Denon are great. Yet Angry Birds looks awesome, but I dont get any sound through my Denon with it. The sound stays on the PB. Tried every sound, and HDMI setting to no avail to get AB sound through the TV/Denon stereo.

EDIT..., And besides, I have something much much better than NFS on a playbook. Now if I can just get the PB to run my telemetry from the sim in real time, or use my PB for a in cockpit button box.

Last edited by Tom9810; 12-28-11 at 09:47 AM.
    12-28-11 07:53 AM
    I played NFS with PB on my TV and I noticed there is a bit of a lag between steering input and visible car motion. It makes drifting difficult as it isn't precise enough. Anybody else notice that lag?
    12-28-11 08:10 AM
    After reading the comments, I'm wondering if my 50" might be too big for this game. Maybe a smaller 32" might work better.
    Not a big deal. I love the game. Already on my third island, with my car souped up to beat anyone.
    12-28-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD