New version loaded up fine for me on the PB and the BB. PB version now places the 480x360 res screen up at the top so you have more room to see the screen and keyboard at once, nice!

I did try the keyboard shortcuts from the homescreen and they still don't work for me. I mentioned Quick Launch before but I'm actually just using what's build into the OS when you turn off dial from homescreen on a keyboard device. On an OS6 device this is setup by hitting menu and then options on the homescreen, if the "Launch by typing" is set to application shortcuts, it will let you open the messages app for example by pressing "M" on the homescreen. Not sure if this will help you test, but it is built into pretty much all BBs with a keyboard.

And of course, the keyboard icon and function is working fine again. This is a little request, but it'd be nice to be able to use the keyboard in fullscreen mode by doing a swipe from the corner. It brings up the keyboard, but no input is passed while in fullscreen.

One other silly little thing, could we have the version number on the OTA jad download for the BB increment the version number? It's been 1.0 each time I've downloaded it and it's hard to tell if it's a new version or not without downloading it on the desktop and looking at the file date.

Just some feedback.
    07-08-11 01:50 PM
    the version number on the OTA jad download for the BB increment the version number

Agree would be helpful but not critical

Maybe slip it in next release
    07-08-11 03:03 PM
    Hey all,

A great new update has just been approved, the update includes a very slick UI designed by Visuality, an integrated support site and also the ability to type whilst in full screen mode (just swipe inwards from bottom left in full screen).

Dont forget, make sure you have the latest phone app version - www.simplyapps.org/download/PhoneRemote.jad - this update includes a fix for the menu button on some devices

I think we are getting close to a very perfect version, thanks for your feedback and patience.

Developer of Phone Remote
    Philldoe likes this.
    07-11-11 02:10 PM
    I must say the constant updates are impressive and appreciated. That said, I am still unable to unlock my Torch from Patterlock which makes this app nearly useless for me. Hopefully the next update will fix this.
    07-11-11 03:17 PM
    I had the same issue of being unable to unlock my phone - I was treated to a preview of the new upgrade and I think you will find that it works, at least it does with my Bold 9700.
    07-11-11 03:53 PM
    Booyeah, this last update is the money shot for me! I can open all my apps just fine using the keyboard on the home screen. Keyboard also works great in fullscreen mode.

And the new look is fantastic! Nice job Visuality!! Much cleaner and modern looking, and the transparency over the screen is a perfect blend.

Only thing i can think of now? Either have the keyboard button capture when the keyboard is closed with close button on the keyboard (vs the in app button), or have the button change to reflect the state of the keyboard. Like have the arrow direction change depending on the state of the keyboard. Is this extremely minor? Yes, but honestly its all I can come up with...

This is a great app and very usable now! I can easily recommend it to anyone now, love it!
    07-11-11 05:37 PM
    Hatax - What version OS you running on your Bold 9700?

I am still having issues getting this to work.
    The latest PB version and BB version installed.
    rebooted/pulled battery every time I installed new version
    I was able to connect before on wifi network
    now getting "Error 2031" which I believe indicated wifi connectivity issue.

So just trying to find cause ...I am currently running leaked 6.0.600
    Last edited by cognatus; 07-12-11 at 04:24 PM. Reason: incomplete
    07-12-11 04:11 PM
    Mine works fine on Bold 9700 with OS5 - may want to check for update of phone app as well as playbook app for phone remote, and check back on the phone app occasionally to be sure the IP address is correct.
    07-12-11 05:32 PM
    Actually I'm using exactly the same version OS, leaked 600. Gave me issues early on, but has been a solid OS once it settled in, didn't think it would take 2 weeks to "settle".

I did have the same 2031 issue early on. I resolved it by doing an uninstall of the app on both devices. Then reboot them both fully after uninstalling. Re-install PB from app world and the BB from the simplyapps webpage download. Now do one more final full reboot (battery pull on BB) and you should be set. This sequence fixed my constant 2031 errors at least, otherwise I'd look at app permissions.
    07-12-11 09:26 PM
    Definitely look at your permissions for the app on your phone. My "interactions" were set to custom. I changed to allow, then rebooted and it works like a charm now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 08:35 AM
    Well did exactly as you did...but still getting the error "2031"

I checked perms tried to set it to allow on all 3 Connections, Interactions and User Data but doesn't seem to take since it never really sets to Allow on them.

Very odd
    07-13-11 10:38 AM
    Can someone confirm that under Permissions >> Interactions
    They also have grayed out the following perms

Input Simulation
    Browser Filtering
    Security Timer Reset
    Display Information while locked

All 4 grayed out with Deny
    07-13-11 11:01 AM
    I just checked all of my permissions and they are all set to allow including those 4. I don't have any that are grayed out. I wish I could help you more, but hopefully that helps a little to confirm what may be wrong.
    07-13-11 11:51 AM
    Thanks dablessing

if you don't mind me asking are you on a corporate bes? I am, so wondering if they recently applied some security setting.
    07-13-11 12:23 PM
    Thanks for all the help! IT Policy pushed down to BB recently was causing the woes...

Thanks again
    07-14-11 08:37 PM
    Glad you got it fixed, I'll go out on a limb and say it was probably the split-connection policy. Seen that one cause issues lots of times before with 3rd party apps.
    07-14-11 11:18 PM
    I was playing with this and trying to use Garmin's bb gps app. It ran to a certain point but then showed the "acquiring satellite" page but when the bb showed the route, the pb still showed the "acquiring" page. I could not refresh it. It was late so I did not retry again. But it would be an interesting way to get a somewhat larger version of a gps program on the pb.
    07-15-11 09:04 AM
    anyone get this working with bbm groups? I can navigate around in other programs...but as soon as i go into a group chats its bogs down and doesnt work...which is dissapointing since that is the one reason i bought the app.
    07-17-11 07:20 AM
    For the developer...

If you want to control the keyboard with either your button or the one in the lower left of the keyboard, you can detect the state of it with:

IMFConnection.imfConnection.keyboardVisible

Just check if the property is true, and that tells you the keyboard is already on the screen. Wasn't sure if you saw that or not, but I thought I'd pass it along!
    07-18-11 02:20 AM
    Would a "refresh screen" button be useful - if the pb screen is not updated to match the bb phone?
    07-18-11 08:37 AM
    Would a "refresh screen" button be useful - if the pb screen is not updated to match the bb phone?
    I think that's exactly what the reset button does, or at least for me it gives me a screen refresh if it's lagging or has gotten behind the screens.
    07-18-11 11:26 AM
    Seems like a cool app, but I will wait for bluetooth update if it comes.
    07-19-11 12:21 AM
    Has anybody tried Phone Remote with video? Specifically, I'm wondering if I can run my Slingbox app on my 9700 and watch it via Phone Remote on my Playbook. I would expect buffering to be an issue and that audio/video sync could be a problem.
    07-21-11 03:32 PM
    I tried it for you - the streming data is to much for bluetooth to watch a film properly

The best would be if all data connections would be supported (bluetooth, wifi, data plan).

This would give me the "dammed I left my phone in the office but I am too lazy to get it today but I want to know if there are some calls" function
    sickbird likes this.
    07-21-11 04:36 PM
    I tried it for you - the streming data is to much for bluetooth to watch a film properly

The best would be if all data connections would be supported (bluetooth, wifi, data plan).

This would give me the "dammed I left my phone in the office but I am too lazy to get it today but I want to know if there are some calls" function
    Or.. damn someone stole my phone I wonder who they are calling? lol

Or for Tiger Woods... damn I left my phone at home I hope wifey isn't going through my text messages....
    07-22-11 08:19 AM
159 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD