I like this app. Sometimes a little bit slow and need polishing but an interesting concept
    JR A and KermEd like this.
    06-24-11 02:38 PM
    can you use your BBM Groups through it...that would get me to buy it
    06-24-11 04:37 PM
    you use any app on your phone...bbm too

but as I said... needs a little bit data speed improvement and you have to be in the same wifi network as your phone
    06-24-11 04:58 PM
    has potential
    06-24-11 05:47 PM
    Hey Guys,

I know the developer of this app and the message to all is we hear you. An update with delete and enter presses and the option to choose the image quality to enhance responsiveness (the quality of the image is currently set quite high so having it run at 20% should clear the responsiveness problems out).

Apologies for missing these key needs.

Feel free to leave some ideas and they will be implemented asap.
    06-24-11 05:51 PM
    Any chance we could have the option of a Bluetooth connection for situations where there is no wifi?
    06-24-11 07:16 PM
    just waiting on rim to release the capability for developers to access bluetooth in their playbook apps and then should be fully implemented asap.
    gritsinct likes this.
    06-24-11 09:10 PM
    Oups, Bought this app, but my phone has no wifi. This kinda sucks now since I cannot use it. Hopefully a Bluetooth version will be out soon.
    06-24-11 10:24 PM
    cant close the app on the BB Always running Really far too laggy on Storm2 to be useful. Hoping update clears it up because this holds promise.
    06-25-11 07:17 PM
    i am not able to see my phone screen on my PB....any suggestions? i am able to operate it though.
    06-29-11 07:46 PM
    i am not able to see my phone screen on my PB....any suggestions? i am able to operate it though.
    Same here. Just getting a white screen.
    06-29-11 09:24 PM
    anyword on this? i just updated the program on the playbook and i still have the same problem. i an using os 6.0.0.600 on my torch .
    06-30-11 04:06 PM
    anyword on this? i just updated the program on the playbook and i still have the same problem. i an using os 6.0.0.600 on my torch .
    I also have a Torch so am waiting for a response before I purchase this app.
    06-30-11 04:32 PM
    hey all, message from developer....

Since release, delete and enter key functionality has been added, full screen ability added, saving snapshot of phone added and all lagging issues should be now sorted.

The problem with the white screen is that the playbook latest version has been approved and released on app world quicker than the phone pairing app which only got released in the last hour or so. Using both the latest versions will work.

if you haven't got the latest phone app version which is 1.1.2 and it isn't available on app world as an update, send an email and you will receive a link to the download.

Any other ideas for this app?
    06-30-11 04:38 PM
    Xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-01-11 at 06:01 AM.
    jsir likes this.
    06-30-11 10:17 PM
    hey Blackjack,

i'm the developer using friends account to respond to you,

You raise some points regarding the app, instead of responding one by one to your questions, please let me tell you we hear you, i did get a message regarding the text box and yes it was a bit sloppy but it was rectified within hours, i did send a response back to the person who kindly raised this textbox issue.

The basic functionality of the app is fine, there was some lagging issues on some devices as some bb devices seem to perform so much differently to others when reading and writing to network and only when the community told us were we able to find and fix this lagging problem. But I hope all can see that we fixed this issue and others (textbox, delete key, enter key, full screen functionality) and provided an update all within the first 7 days of its shelf life. We will be doing the same with bluetooth as soon as its possible.

In response to why releasing it at all at this stage, can't we see it another way in that in it's first seven days of it being in the marketplace and with the help of the bb community, we have refined most issues and urgently issued updates and have now got an app for the community which does what no other app currently does and is quite useful.

Regarding providing link, latest version for the phone app (as we cant synchronize release and approval of the 2 apps) will be available from your phone from simplyapps.org/download/PhoneRemote.jad, this will always contain the latest version for the phone from now on.

Feel free to email me again with any comments or questions,
    sedalia066 likes this.
    07-01-11 12:38 AM
    Thanks for posting Mr Simply Apps Developer! I actually bought it on release day because the idea looked great and I was actually expecting a bit of lag. (I use the SOTI product on my desktop and know there's limits of the BB system with this, why they can't just provide a VNC pipe of the screen is beyond me)

Anyway, I got notified of updates early yesterday AM for the PB and BB, 1.2.2 on the PB and 1.1 on the BB. After I loaded it up on both and did my restarts I was kinda bummed out as it didn't want to connect at all. (Error 2031 I think it was, don't remember now)

Now I just checked on my BB and version 1.1.2 is available and yes it is error 2031 and I'm still getting it. It did work before and at 20% quality it's responsive enough. I gotta say though, I really need to be able to use the keyboard on the homescreen to open my apps! I have all my messages, calendar, etc icons hidden as I use shortcuts for all those things.

Hopefully you can get the issues ironed out soon! I'm going to try a removal on my BB and reinstall and see what happens. Thanks for engaging the community as well! Love to see developers reaching out
    07-01-11 01:26 AM
    Well, a delete then restart and reinstall of it worked! I've got the screen image on the PB again, yay. One of the things I notice is that it doesn't skip frames that have timed out or are too far behind to need to render. Seems like the little arrows create a lot of screen activity and are responsible for a good portion of the redraws I see. Maybe a way to exclude the top right corner that those things occupy in the polling?
    07-01-11 01:58 AM
    Hatax,

The latest pb version (released this morning) keeps an eye on the lag and if it isn't processing frames quickly enough (for whatever reason) the app will prompt the user to press reset, i only ever have to use this if i send the playbook app to the background for a while and go into another app. when i then go back in to the app the wifi data quality value can be 0% or there abouts, i now can just press reset and instantly it reconnects skipping the lagged frames. Hope it helps others.

Please tell me more about the keyboard / homescreen problem? Do you mean the menu button won't open the iocon tray? The code that works for most devices injecting a menu press on homescreen doesn't do the trick on some devices with os 5.0, as a workaround have media icon on bottom row of homescreen and enter the whole icon tray by going into media and pressing back. It sucks i know but i am using the documented way and the menu press on homescreen works on 80% of devices, ill will even contact rim about this one.
    07-01-11 03:01 AM
    hey Blackjack,

i'm the developer using friends account to respond to you,

You raise some points regarding the app, instead of responding one by one to your questions, please let me tell you we hear you, i did get a message regarding the text box and yes it was a bit sloppy but it was rectified within hours, i did send a response back to the person who kindly raised this textbox issue.

The basic functionality of the app is fine, there was some lagging issues on some devices as some bb devices seem to perform so much differently to others when reading and writing to network and only when the community told us were we able to find and fix this lagging problem. But I hope all can see that we fixed this issue and others (textbox, delete key, enter key, full screen functionality) and provided an update all within the first 7 days of its shelf life. We will be doing the same with bluetooth as soon as its possible.

In response to why releasing it at all at this stage, can't we see it another way in that in it's first seven days of it being in the marketplace and with the help of the bb community, we have refined most issues and urgently issued updates and have now got an app for the community which does what no other app currently does and is quite useful.

Regarding providing link, latest version for the phone app (as we cant synchronize release and approval of the 2 apps) will be available from your phone from simplyapps.org/download/PhoneRemote.jad, this will always contain the latest version for the phone from now on.

Feel free to email me again with any comments or questions,
    Thank you for your reply and finally getting through on email. I no longer doubt the sincerity of your commitment of this product, and level of support.

This was partially my fault, but I think we can share the blame because of the poor usability of your website (especially on playbook) and general confusion about where to ask for support.

I see that you respond mostly to emails sent from the tiny text box on your website, but not so much to support@ simplyapps.org listed in app world which returns an autoreply with refund information (not giving you a good image by the way ....)

I had major frustration and difficulty typing into the tiny boxes supplied on the virtual keyboard so apparently my email had a typo that I could not even see without pinch zooming and back which always presents the possibility of inadvertently introducing a typo. It is not "virtual keyboard friendly". I could blame us both for that.

So much for support, onto the next issue.
    07-01-11 03:03 AM
    hey Blackjack,

i did get a message regarding the text box and yes it was a bit sloppy but it was rectified within hours, i did send a response back to the person who kindly raised this textbox issue.
    The version I had downloaded yesterday did not have it fixed. I see that it is in the upgrade now. Thank you.

The basic functionality of the app is fine,

The functionality I am speaking of is the fact that it does not connect, or as others have had problems - just a white screen - I am about to see if the upgrade fixes this.

I see it yes but I think premature releases without rigorous internal testing is a mistake for you because as they say "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Also,until you are sure it is solid and accepted by the community - it should be offered for the price it is worth (more like .99 at this stage), or with a free trial for some limited period, until you can justify the cost. otherwise you are setting your users up for disappointment because when they pay a good price they expect a good app.

RIM made the same mistake with Playbook and look what happened. Don't follow their lead.

I will accept your word on that I see that it is there now thank you.

I am about to test this again and I will report back. Please standby.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-01-11 at 01:31 PM.
    07-01-11 03:16 AM
    White screen was due to getting the latest pb app approved fater than the phone app version.

Should work.
    07-01-11 03:28 AM
    Ok the new upgrades did resolve the issue ... thank you I am happy for now.

I do suggest however that you need more detailed step by step instructions (like what do I do when the app asks for permissions ) - inexperienced users get confused, and you need a troubleshooting guide for when it doesn't work as expected ...people over react when their first impression is "why did I pay for this frustrating piece of junk" as you can see that I did and another who left bad review before giving you a chance. The star rating is IMPORTANT don't risk it yet. This has potential for a 5 star app, but not in its current state.

Otherwise you are open to bad reviews as I see you already have. And people on crackberry get viscious with bad first impressions and impatience - it appears you have large enough beta test group already...

Releasing prematurely can only hurt you and once the wow factor is gone you can't get that opportunity back.
    Bad initial reviews and you are sunk people generally wont look back - look at RIM for an example.

This is awesome so far by the way but it could be soo much more awesome.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-01-11 at 06:18 AM.
    07-01-11 03:33 AM
    I'm very happy that the app works for you Blackjack, it was all just because the app for pb was released faster as mentioned. So from now on the updated phone version is at the link provided before.

Regarding website, I ask you give me a break! How many other application vendors have a website for their apps? Not many I would suspect as it was something me and my users were doing fine without, so if the playbook isn't displaying it that well i will try to solve but i would put more priority on the applications and ask that you use a pc to view our site.

Believe me, I will improve and build on this when ideas are put to me and new abilities become available (bluetooth) for many months to come, I think $3 is not bad with no $$ ever being asked for again. I would also suspect that the majority of the users who have purchased this app would have preferred it to be released last Friday rather in a few months when bluetooth becomes available. Maybe some users with a positive experience of the app will back me up on that in days to come.

Regards
    07-01-11 03:44 AM
    sorry Blackjack, I am Chris and feel free to email me using info@ branch web .co .uk.
    07-01-11 03:47 AM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD