Pesktop is trying to bring back Desktop to your BlackBerry� PlayBook™. This means it will provide as many as possible any necessary utilities/applications you are using everyday such as Sticky Note, File Explorer, Searching Stuff, Calculator, Audio Player, Video Player, Image Viewer... all together in just one place.

Imaging that you want to calculate your bills, taking notes of some critical expenses while listening to your favorite songs, and you do really hate switching among applications on your BlackBerry� PlayBook™ just to do so. Pesktop is exactly what you need.

If you love our DDPB Installer, you shouldn't miss this one.

Please vote for Pesktop. Thanks a lot in advance:

http://blackberry10jam.appcircus.com...ns/vote/7/1860

Main Features:

+Sticky Notes:
    -Create New Note
    -Manage Notes such as Edit Note, Delete Note.
    -You can move your note around the screen or hide it.
    -Note's content is auto saved with created/modified time.
    -Real-time Search Note (NEW)
    -Export Notes to Text Files (.txt) (NEW)

+Audio Player:
    - Immediately display the Player and your Music folder, click the song and here you go. You can also move the Audio Player up or down for your convenience.
    - Controls includes Play/Pause/Next/Previous/Stop. (NEW)
    - Automatically plays next playable file. (NEW)
    - Loop playing all playable files in any folders. (NEW)

+Video Player:
    Immediately display the Player and your Video folder, touch on the video and enjoy. You can also move the Video Player up or down for your convenience.

+Calculator: Immediately display integrated basic Calculator.

+Built-in Image Viewer (NEW):
    - Click image from built-in File Explorer for viewing (PNG, JPG, GIF...)
    - View Full Screen mode
    - Set As Wallpaper in Title/Center/Stretch mode (in Pesktop only)
    - Moving Viewing Photo around the screen

+Built-in Text Editor (NEW):
    - Click txt file from the built-in File Explorer to view.
    - Edit txt file content, fully support unicode UTF-8
    - Press close button will auto save.

+Built-in File Explorer:
    - Immediately display your Home folder, from here you can browse Camera folder, Documents folder, Music folder...
    - Anytime you click on a file, Pesktop will handle it automatically such as displaying images, playing audios, playing videos, opening Word/Excel/PDF documents and so on...
    - Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename your File, show File's properties such as file size, date created...
    - Create New/Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename your Folder.
    - Fixed issue with File Name in Unicode UTF-8

+On Screen built-in Search files/folders (NEW)

+Quick New Stuff Button allows you to create quickly new Notes, new Word document, new Excel document.

+Invoke BlackBerry� PlayBook™ Photo Gallery within 2 seconds.

+Taking Photo: Turn on Camera immediately right within Pesktop.

+Record Video: Turn on Video Recorder immediately right within Pesktop.

+App World: Invoke App World from Pesktop within 3 seconds.

Please take a look at the screenshots and you will love it.

*User's guide:

- Click on the empty button next to the Info button to reset Wallpaper.
    - You can swipe down from the top bezel to activate the Main Menu or click on the Setting Button at the left bottom corner of the screen.
    - The quick new stuff button next to the setting button will allow you to add new Note, Word, Excel document quickly.

*Note:
    - Pesktop requires few permissions such as local storage access, camera access, video recorder access... Please allow Pesktop all those permissions when it's asked.
    - Copying big files/folders will freeze Pesktop until it finishes the job. It doesn't hang so please be patient, it will back to normal eventually.
    - Some known bugs of BlackBerry� PlayBook™ OS 2.0 such as taking photo successfully the first time but failed in the second time or third time...

Changes log:

+Sticky Note
    - Real-time Search Note (NEW)
    - Export Notes to Text Files (.txt) (NEW)

+Audio Player
    - Controls includes Play/Pause/Next/Previous/Stop. (NEW)
    - Automatically plays next playable file. (NEW)
    - Loop playing all playable files in any folders. (NEW)

+Built-in Image Viewer (NEW):
    - Click image from built-in File Explorer for viewing (PNG, JPG, GIF...)
    - View Full Screen mode
    - Set As Wallpaper in Title/Center/Stretch mode (in Pesktop only)
    - Moving Viewing Photo around the screen

+Built-in Text Editor (NEW):
    - Click txt file from the built-in File Explorer to view.
    - Edit txt file content, fully support unicode UTF-8

+On Screen built-in Search files/folders (NEW)

+Bugs fixed such as handling file name in Unicode UTF-8.

Here is screenshots of new version:

Note:

• Copying big files/folders will freeze Pesktop until it finishes the job. It doesn't hang so please be patient, it will back to normal eventually.
    • Some known bugs of BlackBerry� PlayBook™ OS 2.0 such as taking photo successfully the first time but failed in the second time or third time...

Grab it from App World for $1.99:
    Download Pesktop - from BlackBerry App World

Please always check for new version and feel free to contact us at anytime for help or further information: [email protected] Thank you for interesting in our application.
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 04-19-12 at 08:46 PM.
    darktoy and kimtuoc like this.
    04-01-12 11:26 AM
    App World says it is currently being updated and is not available for 24 hours. NOW FIXED. Was able to purchase on Apr 3rd.
    Last edited by MPG Vancouver; 04-04-12 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Was able to purchase on Apr 3rd.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-01-12 11:53 AM
    App World says it is currently being updated and is not available for 24 hours.
    Oops, someone from BerryReview.com also got this issue, I'm not sure what happens on AppWorld. I've checked and was able to download and install without any problem. It's weird. Let me contact AppWorld team.

Thank you so much for your feedback.
    04-01-12 11:59 AM
    Very neat. I made a program similar to this back on Windows 98. Was very successful. It was simply to get access to pretty much anything very quickly.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-01-12 02:16 PM
    This looks and sounds pretty good. Thank you!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-01-12 06:09 PM
    Isn't it ironic how people are probably going to use ddpb to install the app? lmao
    04-01-12 07:15 PM
    This looks great! I'm gonna try this out!
    04-02-12 06:48 AM
    Same error here about being updated.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-02-12 06:55 AM
    Same error here as well.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-02-12 07:09 AM
    I get the same error since announcement including today.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-02-12 10:46 AM
    Same error here about being updated.
    Same error here as well.
    I get the same error since announcement including today.
    I've just got an email from App World about new Vendor Agreement Update regarding to open source licensing. I guess this is the issue.

Please check back later and I also keep you posted if I'll be informed something.

Thank you
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    04-02-12 10:55 AM
    i'm intrigued how this lets you create Word Docs. Is it native within the app, without having to buy another app, to let you do it? If so.. Can you email it from the app?

If this is so then �2 is a bargain!
    Last edited by NornIron Legend; 04-03-12 at 06:12 AM.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 06:08 AM
    i'm intrigued how this lets you create Word Docs. I it native within the app without having to buy another app to let you do it? If so.. Can you have access to it to email it form the app?

If this is so then �2 is a bargain!
    Actually Pesktop doesn't create new Word/Excel document within itself. In stead, It invokes Doc To Go to do so.

So far, there isn't yet way to invoke native email to send email or stuff via email. We hope RIM will provide soon.

Cheers.
    NornIron Legend likes this.
    04-03-12 06:14 AM
    Ah Ok thats cool cause we got that with the playbook anyway! As long as i didnt need to buy another APP!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 06:18 AM
    Ah Ok thats cool cause we got that with the playbook anyway! As long as i didnt need to buy another APP!
    Actually I hate the Doc-To-Go comes with PlayBook OS. It's so slow when it starts while I just want to read my doc files (I mostly only read, no edit need at all). I will try to provide Read-Only ability for Word/Excel documents right within Pesktop, that's much faster just to read.
    NornIron Legend likes this.
    04-03-12 06:50 AM
    I've never used Doc-To-Go and by the sounds of it i dont think i want to.... lol
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 09:10 AM
    Actually I hate the Doc-To-Go comes with PlayBook OS. It's so slow when it starts while I just want to read my doc files (I mostly only read, no edit need at all). I will try to provide Read-Only ability for Word/Excel documents right within Pesktop, that's much faster just to read.
    That would be very handy. I'm like you in that I dont use my Playbook to edit any Word documents; I use it mainly as a consumption device so having a read-only ability would be very useful.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 09:50 AM
    The problem with the App Market seems to have been solved... I just successfully purchased and downloaded Pesktop.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 10:49 AM
    The problem with the App Market seems to have been solved... I just successfully purchased and downloaded Pesktop.
    Thank you very much and please feedback to make it better and better later on.
    04-03-12 11:00 AM
    I'm excited from all this positive feedback! I will be purchasing shortly!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 07:00 PM
    Bought it. Love the concept, can't wait to see how development goes.

Quick note, if I click on the time I get a Javascript Alert saying "Error: The application specified to invoke is not supported."
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 09:21 PM
    This is a really neat idea!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-03-12 09:32 PM
    Bought it. Love the concept, can't wait to see how development goes.

Quick note, if I click on the time I get a Javascript Alert saying "Error: The application specified to invoke is not supported."
    This is because we was trying to invoke the native Calendar Unfortunately, not yet happened. So, just wait for RIM providing this and from within Pesktop, we can make appointments, stick our sticky notes into Calendar and force it reminding us to do something. That's the concept.

Thanks a lot guys, we are working hard on Pesktop everyday. All of your suggestions and feedback are noted officially for future updates.
    04-03-12 09:52 PM
    Is it possible to add subtitle support for the video player? Great app, but would really enjoy it if media capabilities had more
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-04-12 12:21 AM
    Is it possible to add subtitle support for the video player? Great app, but would really enjoy it if media capabilities had more
    It's possible and it will be available in the next update.
    nappp likes this.
    04-04-12 01:30 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD