Can someone start a PB App thread for working apps that are used for business productivity. No games, social sites, etc. It would be extremely helpful for many new users.
    01-31-12 05:25 PM
    IMT VNC, Remote Desktop, Splashtop, File Shield, Box (50GB Free), QRCoder, NavitaTranslator

They are pretty useful
    01-31-12 05:44 PM
    Can someone start a PB App thread for working apps that are used for business productivity. No games, social sites, etc. It would be extremely helpful for many new users.
    Splashtop, Jotsy (beta), Evernote, pdf creator free, kiPas (if you use the computer or bb phone version of KeePass), bluebox.
    01-31-12 08:50 PM
    I guess you just started that thread yourself ;-)

Our Files & Folders app is used a lot by business & home users alike, and has been the #1 productivity app for PlayBook in App World since August.

It lets you manage your local and cloud files (Dropbox, Box, Google Docs), converts many files from one format to another (e.g. doc to pdf), handles .zip files and even lets you e-mail files via most e-mail services. Take the trial version for a spin, and check out the built-in manual for tips & tricks.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 01-31-12 at 11:04 PM.
    01-31-12 09:20 PM
    i use:
    bridge mail
    bridge calendar
    bridge memo
    browser
    simple browser
    calculator
    bing - not great, but the birdseye view is useful for site reviews
    bb news - tied to many rss feeds from google reader
    word to go
    sheet to go
    powerpoint to go - very useful, but viewer only - needs editing cap, rim!
    dropbox - could not live without this
    groovynotes - with dropbox link
    evernote - though without local storage its burned me before
    qfolio/stockpulse - stocks - havent settled on 1 yet
    splashtop - remote desktop
    proinsights - linkedin viewer
    blaq/tweetbook - twitter client - havent settled

waiting for jotsy to allow editing of pdfs from email - critical

have, but haven't successfully used yet:
    picinote
    scroodle
    sketchbook
    georendr
    business analysis - venturon (though it did give me some insights)

also really like:
    kobo - for purchased books
    book reader - only read one book so far, but really liked it
    pressreader - good for weekend globe and mail
    whats up - nice astronomy app

really want skype.
    02-01-12 11:29 AM
    In addition to Groovy Notes and Hello Notes, I've also been messing around with a productivity app that i found in the Utilities section called "Note Smartly" which i've found useful.
    It allows you to take photos, videos, audio and text notes but unlike Evernote, it stores it locally. You can share notes with Dropbox if you need to take it elsewhere off the PB. Until Evernote on the PB catches up, this will be my "go to" note app.
    I'm not sure why it's in the Utilities section, seems like it should be under Productivity and that may be why it's never mentioned.
    If anyone else has used it or is going to try it, let me know what you think.
    02-01-12 12:05 PM
    ill give that a go, sure.

Edit: ok tried it, bought the fullversion. probably should have started out with the free at first.

overall ui looks nice, be nice if i could change the colours or if the dev had used something less orange and yellow.

i like that i can save audio and video to a note and task.

really hate the "are you sure you want to do this?" popups. reminds me of ms vista. dev should get rid of that to reduce cliicks.

it has potential.

wouldnt it be nice if these note and task todo apps could also synch with native memo/tasks, which are turn synched tomy outlook?
    Last edited by spatialmongrel; 02-01-12 at 01:02 PM.
    02-01-12 12:43 PM
    Agreed, with all these productivity apps, synching is sorely needed. I also lament that there is still no one app that meets all my needs - it's a shame I need both GroovyNotes and Note Smartly. Hopefully one of these developers, or Evernote, comes through with the critical updates.
    02-01-12 01:24 PM
    Has anyone used both Splashtop Remote Desktop HD and Remote Desktop for Blackberry?

Is there any different between the two? If so what?
    02-01-12 02:40 PM
    here is a link for 3 droid apps I converted:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post7084859

2 handwriting apps and a note taking app with a calendar
    02-01-12 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD