Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72
Like Tree3Likes
  1. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Post [BBOS/PB/BB10] CherryNotes - The text editor of your dreams is here

    CherryNotes for BBOS and PlayBook


    The text editor for everyone that lives in the cloud but wants control over local and cloud text files.

    The text editor of your dreams is here. With CherryNotes you can easily manage your notes and select which ones will get synced to the cloud and which ones should stay local. With one click you back up notes to the cloud and with another click bring any note from the cloud back to your device, and all the notes that are on both locations get synced effortlessly.

    As a multitasker I always wanted a text editor that let me keep notes on the device but at the same time sync some of them with a cloud storage solution. After a year looking for the perfect app I couldn't find it, so I decided to build my own, that's how CherryNotes was invented.

    If you like the app you can support the developer by writing a BlackBerry World review
    Download
    [PB/BB10] CherryNotes - The text editor of your dreams is here-gutfd.png

    Changelog


    • 1.5.3
      • Fixes a bug that was causing the app to freeze when a new user logged to Dropbox and went to the Dropbox tab immediately

    • 1.5.0
      • Added a button to contact the developer
      • Added a button to report crashes to the developer
      • Added a dialog to confirm the deletion of a note
      • Links in the Markdown view now open in the Browser

    • 1.4.1
      • Fixed all Dropbox-related issues
      • Implemented sorting for BBOS and BB10

    • 1.4.0
      • Added support for BBOS
      • Fixed the note creation bug that made a error dialog appear if auto-sorting was disabled
      • Added a wait dialog while the application is getting the Dropbox authentication page
      • Added a notification when the app logs out of Dropbox

    • 1.3.2
      • Fixed the PlayBook selection/copy/paste dialog

    • 1.3.1
      • Fixed the list changing lock bug
      • Added notes sorting
      • Added a settings screen
      • Improved the Dropbox loading information

    • 1.2.0
      • Added the ability to search notes
      • Improved the Dropbox error messages
      • Added Markdown view for PlayBook

    • 1.1.2
      • Fixed the loading spiral bug when returning from a Dropbox note in BB10
      • Fixed the note syncing bug for BB10
      • Added a alert while switching tabs on PlayBook
      • Hidding the editor while switching tabs on PlayBook

    • 1.1.0
      • Added BlackBerry 10 support
      • Minor bug fixes

    • 1.0.0
      • Initial release, PlayBook-only
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [PB/BB10] CherryNotes - The text editor of your dreams is here-tsfsmkf.jpg  
    Last edited by nathanpc; 07-17-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: 1.5.3
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  2. ingeniumed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Hey, I was wondering how you got the dropbox integration to work? I am currently making a BlackBerry 10 application also and I could only get bbm to work.
    Check out my apps on App World!
    BlackBerry Z10
    Nexus 7/4
    Asus Zenbook Prime UX31a
  3. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    It's a WebWorks application so I used the official DropBox Javascript API.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
    ingeniumed likes this.
  4. TOphotog's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    164 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Using QRScanner: Error: couldn't resolve the host name

    Searching in App World: "CherryNotes" or "Cherry Notes" nothing found
    Yea, I'm addicted!
  5. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    If you click the QR Code you'll go to the App World page, I'll look at the QR Code URL, anyway here's the link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/19964625/

    I've been talking to RIM about that problem, you can search for it everywhere and it will work, but the App World web site.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  6. Ishaq786's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    347 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Better than groovynotes?
  7. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishaq786 View Post
    Better than groovynotes?
    They are different apps for different needs. Groovy Notes is more like a agenda, CherryNotes is a note taking application for people that want control over their files.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  8. #8  

    Default

    Just looking for more clarity: Are these "NOTES" actually, SEPARATE TXT files? Or are they all linked together in the app? In other words, when I create say, Note1, is it a separate File from Note2? Or are they all stored in one file?
  9. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Just looking for more clarity: Are these "NOTES" actually, SEPARATE TXT files? Or are they all linked together in the app? In other words, when I create say, Note1, is it a separate File from Note2? Or are they all stored in one file?
    It's a separate file, that's why they can easily sync with Dropbox.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  10. dot.localhost's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #10  

    Default Maybe need to fix this :)

    Limited set of users can receive access tokens while app in development mode. Something like this message came up when trying to authenticate with dropbox. Really looking forward to seeing this app being developed further
    Thanked by:
    nathanpc (12-11-2012) 
  11. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dot.localhost View Post
    Limited set of users can receive access tokens while app in development mode. Something like this message came up when trying to authenticate with dropbox. Really looking forward to seeing this app being developed further
    I'm extremely sorry for this. 2 friends reported the same issue 10 minutes after I published the post, and it happened because in the craziness of fixing all the final bugs, polishing the interface and making sure both versions (PlayBook and BB10) were perfect together I forgot to change the Dropbox status in my developer console to production, the problem is that now I have to wait for Dropbox to approve the app. I've already sent an email to Dropbox right after I received the first report and I'm still waiting for the response.

    I'm sorry for this issue, developing a app for a month and forgetting a little thing right at the end is extremely frustrating. I'm asking for everyone receiving this issue to not rate the application with 1 star because of this and to wait until I can get Dropbox to approve it.

    I'll keep everyone informed.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  12. dot.localhost's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    No worries totally understandable I'll wait for the updates. Pretty sure that I will be making good use of this app.
  13. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dot.localhost View Post
    No worries totally understandable I'll wait for the updates. Pretty sure that I will be making good use of this app.
    I want to say that exactly at this moment I just received an email from Dropbox saying that they approved the app. Thanks very much for the wait and also thank Dropbox for their awesome support team.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  14. dot.localhost's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    LOL awesome!
  15. jfamousm's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Hi! I really like this idea nathanpc should definitely come in handy once school starts, only thing I'd definitely like to see is a bit more availability of what cloud you can use, personally I use box instead of dropbox, but I do know there are other people out there that use google, sugar sync, skidrive, starred, etc... All in all this would definitely take this already great application to the next level, now what are you waiting for people DOWNLOAD
    Thanked by:
    nathanpc (12-11-2012) 
  16. Herve5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    567 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishaq786 View Post
    Better than groovynotes?
    There is just no comparison with GroovyNotes (which, also, is four times costlier). GroovyNotes handles attachments to the notes (images, voice recordings, sketches), has separate categories, an indexed search capacity (which means you'll find back quickly a word in 1000 notes -in contrast, a multiple-text-file-based app like cherrynotes just cannot index and probably will slow proportionate to the number of notes).
    Cherrynotes rather compares with the large list of "grocery notes" apps. It has an extremely minimal feature set and will have a hard time indeed against free 'listers', some of them very elaborate like 'My Grocery Book' or 'Do'. Its advantage anyhow lies in its actual weakness: text files --you'll always be capable to get them back, any time in the future, on any machine: this, is valueable, and very few others allow it (groovyNotes does )
    And the cloud backup, well, everyone loves private cloud backups apparently nowadays. I for one would welcome an actual ftp backup, for ftp doesn't link you to any 'big brother', and mostly everyone has an unused ftp capacity coming with its ISP contract...
    Thanked by:
    nathanpc (12-11-2012) 
  17. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfamousm View Post
    Hi! I really like this idea nathanpc should definitely come in handy once school starts, only thing I'd definitely like to see is a bit more availability of what cloud you can use, personally I use box instead of dropbox, but I do know there are other people out there that use google, sugar sync, skidrive, starred, etc... All in all this would definitely take this already great application to the next level, now what are you waiting for people DOWNLOAD
    That is one of the things on my TODO list for the next releases. I want to integrate more with other services.


    Quote Originally Posted by Herve5 View Post
    There is just no comparison with GroovyNotes (which, also, is four times costlier). GroovyNotes handles attachments to the notes (images, voice recordings, sketches), has separate categories, an indexed search capacity (which means you'll find back quickly a word in 1000 notes -in contrast, a multiple-text-file-based app like cherrynotes just cannot index and probably will slow proportionate to the number of notes).
    Cherrynotes rather compares with the large list of "grocery notes" apps. It has an extremely minimal feature set and will have a hard time indeed against free 'listers', some of them very elaborate like 'My Grocery Book' or 'Do'. Its advantage anyhow lies in its actual weakness: text files --you'll always be capable to get them back, any time in the future, on any machine: this, is valueable, and very few others allow it (groovyNotes does )
    And the cloud backup, well, everyone loves private cloud backups apparently nowadays. I for one would welcome an actual ftp backup, for ftp doesn't link you to any 'big brother', and mostly everyone has an unused ftp capacity coming with its ISP contract...
    No problem, I can implement FTP support, but that will come later since now I want to focus on fixing bugs and integrating with other cloud solutions. I want FTP support too since it will be a lot easier for me to move notes on my LAN.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  18. jeroen_13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,757 Posts
    PIN
    Just PM
    #18  

    Default

    Is this app Paid of Free ? Can't find this app in the Appworld , and the link (posted above) is dead...
    ❤ button

    ✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
  19. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen_13 View Post
    Is this app Paid of Free ? Can't find this app in the Appworld , and the link (posted above) is dead...
    Both links are working for me (haven't checked the QR Code). It's a paid app, 0.99 USD.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  20. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Just a quick update for everyone that couldn't find the application in the App World web site. I got a response from RIM about the issue and they said it's because there's a bug in their web site that is preventing applications that support full-touch BlackBerry 10 from showing up. They said a fix will be live later this week.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  21. DocDRM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,676 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,678 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpc View Post
    Just a quick update for everyone that couldn't find the application in the App World web site. I got a response from RIM about the issue and they said it's because there's a bug in their web site that is preventing applications that support full-touch BlackBerry 10 from showing up. They said a fix will be live later this week.
    Nathan - love that you are blazing trails. When you are releasing apps that create problems that RIM has to address that means progress is occurring. Nice to see them responding to you and nice to see you keeping users informed here. Keep that up - the devs who are active here, connect with users, and pitch in "outside" their app's threads seem to enjoy a loyal CrackBerry fanbase.

    I will be checking out your app - and your signature links.
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    Thanked by:
    nathanpc (12-12-2012) 
    nathanpc likes this.
  22. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Thanks very much for your tips and encouraging words. I also want to say that I'm preparing the "search" feature to be included in the next update. I'm currently polishing it in the PlayBook version and as soon as finish this I'll be porting the code to the BlackBerry 10 version.


    A preview of the search feature:
    Last edited by nathanpc; 12-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  23. #23  

    Default

    Can this app open other plain ascii TXT files that I might have on my pb?
  24. nathanpc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    28662FC9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

    Default

    With this current version you can't, but I'm going to implement that for the next release.


    Update: I've just finished implementing and testing the search feature, now I'll start working on the import stuff, which might take a while since you need to combine several APIs to make it work properly.
    Last edited by nathanpc; 12-12-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked
    BlackBerries: Torch 9800 - PlayBook 64GB - Bold 9900 - Dev Alpha A (Sent back) - Limited Edition Z10 - Dev Alpha C
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpc View Post
    With this current version you can't, but I'm going to implement that for the next release.


    Update: I've just finished implementing and testing the search feature, now I'll start working on the import stuff, which might take a while since you need to combine several APIs to make it work properly.
    That would be nice. Import and EXPORT??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are u happy with the battery life of your PB.?
    By gladiatorofyale in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 10:56 PM
  2. what is the avg temp of your storm?
    By jasonc624 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 04:26 PM
  3. Getting the Most Out of Your Battery???
    By AG11 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 12:51 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
  5. How much would you pay for the phone of your dreams?
    By Casper TFG in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions