[BBOS/PB/BB10] CherryNotes - The text editor of your dreams is hereCherryNotes for BBOS and PlayBook
The text editor for everyone that lives in the cloud but wants control over local and cloud text files.
The text editor of your dreams is here. With CherryNotes you can easily manage your notes and select which ones will get synced to the cloud and which ones should stay local. With one click you back up notes to the cloud and with another click bring any note from the cloud back to your device, and all the notes that are on both locations get synced effortlessly.
As a multitasker I always wanted a text editor that let me keep notes on the device but at the same time sync some of them with a cloud storage solution. After a year looking for the perfect app I couldn't find it, so I decided to build my own, that's how CherryNotes was invented.
If you like the app you can support the developer by writing a BlackBerry World review
- Fixes a bug that was causing the app to freeze when a new user logged to Dropbox and went to the Dropbox tab immediately
- Added a button to contact the developer
- Added a button to report crashes to the developer
- Added a dialog to confirm the deletion of a note
- Links in the Markdown view now open in the Browser
- Fixed all Dropbox-related issues
- Implemented sorting for BBOS and BB10
- Added support for BBOS
- Fixed the note creation bug that made a error dialog appear if auto-sorting was disabled
- Added a wait dialog while the application is getting the Dropbox authentication page
- Added a notification when the app logs out of Dropbox
- Fixed the PlayBook selection/copy/paste dialog
- Fixed the list changing lock bug
- Added notes sorting
- Added a settings screen
- Improved the Dropbox loading information
- Added the ability to search notes
- Improved the Dropbox error messages
- Added Markdown view for PlayBook
- Fixed the loading spiral bug when returning from a Dropbox note in BB10
- Fixed the note syncing bug for BB10
- Added a alert while switching tabs on PlayBook
- Hidding the editor while switching tabs on PlayBook
- Added BlackBerry 10 support
- Minor bug fixes
- Initial release, PlayBook-only
Last edited by nathanpc; 07-17-13 at 06:57 PM. Reason: 1.5.3
If you click the QR Code you'll go to the App World page, I'll look at the QR Code URL, anyway here's the link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/19964625/
I've been talking to RIM about that problem, you can search for it everywhere and it will work, but the App World web site.
- 12-10-12, 05:13 PM #8
Just looking for more clarity: Are these "NOTES" actually, SEPARATE TXT files? Or are they all linked together in the app? In other words, when I create say, Note1, is it a separate File from Note2? Or are they all stored in one file?
- 12-10-12, 07:42 PM #10
Maybe need to fix this :)
Limited set of users can receive access tokens while app in development mode. Something like this message came up when trying to authenticate with dropbox. Really looking forward to seeing this app being developed further
I'm sorry for this issue, developing a app for a month and forgetting a little thing right at the end is extremely frustrating. I'm asking for everyone receiving this issue to not rate the application with 1 star because of this and to wait until I can get Dropbox to approve it.
I'll keep everyone informed.
- CrackBerry User
12-11-12, 12:39 AM #15
- 17 Posts
Hi! I really like this idea nathanpc should definitely come in handy once school starts, only thing I'd definitely like to see is a bit more availability of what cloud you can use, personally I use box instead of dropbox, but I do know there are other people out there that use google, sugar sync, skidrive, starred, etc... All in all this would definitely take this already great application to the next level, now what are you waiting for people DOWNLOAD
- CrackBerry Addict
12-11-12, 03:52 AM #16
- 573 Posts
Cherrynotes rather compares with the large list of "grocery notes" apps. It has an extremely minimal feature set and will have a hard time indeed against free 'listers', some of them very elaborate like 'My Grocery Book' or 'Do'. Its advantage anyhow lies in its actual weakness: text files --you'll always be capable to get them back, any time in the future, on any machine: this, is valueable, and very few others allow it (groovyNotes does )
And the cloud backup, well, everyone loves private cloud backups apparently nowadays. I for one would welcome an actual ftp backup, for ftp doesn't link you to any 'big brother', and mostly everyone has an unused ftp capacity coming with its ISP contract...
Just a quick update for everyone that couldn't find the application in the App World web site. I got a response from RIM about the issue and they said it's because there's a bug in their web site that is preventing applications that support full-touch BlackBerry 10 from showing up. They said a fix will be live later this week.
- 12-12-12, 12:04 PM #21
I will be checking out your app - and your signature links.
Thanks very much for your tips and encouraging words. I also want to say that I'm preparing the "search" feature to be included in the next update. I'm currently polishing it in the PlayBook version and as soon as finish this I'll be porting the code to the BlackBerry 10 version.
A preview of the search feature:
Last edited by nathanpc; 12-12-12 at 01:23 PM.
With this current version you can't, but I'm going to implement that for the next release.
Update: I've just finished implementing and testing the search feature, now I'll start working on the import stuff, which might take a while since you need to combine several APIs to make it work properly.
Last edited by nathanpc; 12-12-12 at 04:43 PM.
- By gladiatorofyale in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 56Last Post: 12-24-11, 10:56 PM
- By jasonc624 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 27Last Post: 08-24-09, 04:26 PM
- By AG11 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 20Last Post: 08-14-09, 12:51 AM
- By mjeagent in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 22Last Post: 11-24-08, 12:18 PM
- By Casper TFG in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-18-08, 08:26 PM