Paybook BB App World getting Error 12000--can't buy apps
After taking an overseas trip, Blackberry App World no longer allows me to buy any computer programs. No matter which of the 4 credit cards I use (all of which have been verified in the last 3 days with real purchases) give "Error 12000." A quick lookup shows
It appears I have to spend $99 to get technical support from RIM in order to get support for this issue.
Advice on how to repair this is appreciated.
- 03-06-2013, 01:14 AM #4
Re: Paybook BB App World getting Error 12000--can't buy apps
Same thing happened to me few months ago. I've tried using 2 different credits cards (mastercard and visa) but still gave me the same error. I've tried creating another BBID and my purchase went through, so I guess it has something to do with the BBID. Anyway, I wanted to use my old BBID so I resorted to using Paypal instead.
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
- 03-06-2013, 03:32 PM #5
Two things you can do:
- Change from PayPal to Credit Card (and/or vice versa);
- Delete the wifi network, reboot, add the wifi network again (rebooting is optional, but doesn't hurt)
Update, I called BB and was able to get them to input a support ticket today. It sounds like the issue is on their end, yes, something with the BBID. Per the suggestion above, rebooting (thrice now) does not work.
Here's how to crash your BB App World account:
(1) travel to a foreign country
(2) Hook your PB up to a local WiFi network while there
(3) buy an App in a different currency than that of your native credit card.
The CSR was pretty dodgy but I got the hint that they were going to look into it. The only other option is to set up a Paypal account, something I refuse to do based on previous bad experience.
And yes, I stand corrected. Post-90 day BB incident support is $49 per episode, not $99.
Last edited by george_helgerson; 03-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.
- By sabelt in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 04-10-2013, 11:04 AM
- By Mike_21 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
- By Mike_21 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
- By boomer555 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
- By boomer555 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM