Do they have this? I hate to keep typing in my password to unlock this. Sorry if this was asked already!
    Velocitytrap likes this.
    10-14-11 08:24 AM
    Not yet. Hope for it in 2.0, but expect it later.
    ImsoUhoez likes this.
    10-14-11 10:26 AM
    cool! thanks!
    10-14-11 10:27 AM
    I'm sick of dealing with a full keyboard to unlock my touch screen BB devices and would love for something similar to iDevice or better yet a Android Pattern lock on my PB.
    10-14-11 11:21 PM
    that would help out a lot to have customizable options to lock our devices
    10-14-11 11:56 PM
    There was an app I used on my 9550. It was called patternlock. Super app.

You could even theme it with custom banner images and buttons.

I have contacted the developer and they said it is "on their radar" for OS7.

Maybe with enough inquiries for PlayBook they would consider that as well.

[email protected]

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-15-11 07:24 AM
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-15-11 10:52 PM
    There was an app I used on my 9550. It was called patternlock. Super app.

You could even theme it with custom banner images and buttons.

I have contacted the developer and they said it is "on their radar" for OS7.

Maybe with enough inquiries for PlayBook they would consider that as well.

[email protected]

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

I emailed my inquiry!
    10-16-11 08:13 AM
    With Apple just receiving patent protection on this sort of feature, it's presumably less likely this will come to the PlayBook.

The totally messed up patent system strikes again... contact your local government representative to express your displeasure with this ridiculous system every time you hear news like this...
    10-27-11 08:05 AM
    Any update?
    11-26-11 08:59 PM
    I got a tweet from the gang at tafasa and they said with the limits to what they have access to on the playbook...it would be impossible to do at the moment...fingers crossed for more access to the api for our developers

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    TaZ52083 and Rob Robertson like this.
    11-28-11 10:00 PM
    I got a tweet from the gang at tafasa and they said with the limits to what they have access to on the playbook...it would be impossible to do at the moment...fingers crossed for more access to the api for our developers

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    I hope they can do a work around got my fingers cross.
    11-28-11 10:15 PM
    There are sooooo many features missing from this playbook......RIM needs to step up their game and realise that they have ALOTTTTTT of competition out there and in order to stay up to date they have to think 5 steps ahead.
    12-18-11 07:20 PM
    As stated before it is not possible on the PB due to the limited access apps have. If someone were to create a pattern lock app right now for it - it could be bypassed simply by swiping up from the bezel and closing the app.
    12-18-11 07:24 PM
    u can make whatever pattern u want as long as u touch the bezels at both ends
    12-18-11 08:41 PM
    As stated before it is not possible on the PB due to the limited access apps have. If someone were to create a pattern lock app right now for it - it could be bypassed simply by swiping up from the bezel and closing the app.
    If you don't mind my asking: might it ever be possible and it's just that rim has not released the tools? Might we one day look forward to Shortcutme or Quicklaunch, etc type apps on the pb or does the OS bar them "forever?"
    12-19-11 12:09 AM
    Anything is possible.. its just software.. but rim would need to allow the developer to integrate their app further into the OS then the current tools allow..
    12-27-11 05:29 PM
    If you don't mind my asking: might it ever be possible and it's just that rim has not released the tools? Might we one day look forward to Shortcutme or Quicklaunch, etc type apps on the pb or does the OS bar them "forever?"
    Eventually Im sure we will. It's just really a matter of when.
    12-27-11 06:14 PM
    Oh, and Shao, this user still remembers that there was going to be some form of surprise in some OS release a while ago that never happened or, at least, not that I'm aware of. Is it, whatever it was, ever coming?
    12-27-11 08:14 PM
    Oh, and Shao, this user still remembers that there was going to be some form of surprise in some OS release a while ago that never happened or, at least, not that I'm aware of. Is it, whatever it was, ever coming?
    Ya it was moved to 2.0. It was the remote control (mouse using touchpad/touch screen and keyboard) using your BB.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-28-11 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD