Osmand runs great.. but the issue is that the Playbook screen dims and the screen shuts off after a while. This should not happen in a GPS app. Does anyone know how to work around this?

(please dont suggest extending the dimming, screen shutoff time, that does not help.. it only delays it)
    04-23-12 10:23 PM
    Install Stay On from app world. Run Stay On and Osmand together, buit don't maximize either. You can center Osmand, but keep Stay On so it at least is partially on screen.
    04-23-12 11:35 PM
    It's android runtime problem, not app problem. No fix at this moment
    04-24-12 05:03 AM
    Runs badly for me.. Very sticky and jumpy round corners.. Had issues with it telling me I did not have enough memory.. When texts comes up telling you singing its only there for a second and you can't read it...

Pain in the putting in the address and can't find many UK locations and won't take post codes..

And just too many options, a sat navigation needs to be simple.

I drive for a living and there is no way this software gets my trust, at least it was free... I won't leave a bad review as maybe there its in early development...

Oh, and voice does not work, skips past words, talks in km when I am set up with miles, and the directions were wrong compared to where I was going....
    04-24-12 06:17 AM

Oh, and voice does not work, skips past words, talks in km when I am set up with miles, and the directions were wrong compared to where I was going....
    We're you using offline mode or Internet mode? I think offline is experimental, only works up to 20km. I couldn't find how to change voice to miles either.
    04-26-12 08:46 PM
    Seems like a decent GPS app but when I move along I move off the screen. I've enabled auto-centering for every 20 seconds but it never centers.
    Has any one else had this issue? How did you get it to work?
    I downloaded the maps and I'm running with no tethering or wifi.
    08-19-12 03:13 PM
    Get Battery Guru(App Worl but paid).

Does the trick

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-19-12 03:34 PM
    I bridge to it while using the online maps, and still there are alot of addresses that arent recognized. But anw its that the off maps, that didnt recognized my home's street lol

Its a good app, but still,theres alot that can be done, but since its free, can't complaint, just constructive cricticism ^^

Addresses and zip codes first,if theres a fix...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-19-12 03:38 PM
    Hi Folks,

Another option is Bed-buzz alarm clock app. It is free and in options you can check off "Keep alive" which will keep the app from going into standby. It still needs to be minimized or fully open for Osmand to keep working.
    05-12-13 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD